2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Wading in Port Isabel

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  BlessedAngler 
#1 ·
I have been trying to post this for the past few days. Hopefully today is the day it goes through. Report is from 03DEC18 . Due to the high winds my son and I decided to go wading along HWY 100 in Port Isabel. According to the weather channel, winds were 25-30 mph. We ended up catching several undersized trout and one lower slot trout which we released and one slot red which we kept. Only fished for about 2 hours because I did not take my waders and it started feeling cold. We were fishing a drop off that had a color change in 3-4 ft of water using Kelly Wigglers paddle tail. Saw some Black drum tailing but didn't pursue them. Not that I don't like catching them, just wasn't equipped for them. I put a link to a video of our quick trip. Could have had more footage but when i swapped my battery on the GoPro I ended up with excellent footage of the sky. Forgot to adjust the camera. Anyways, Hope this report helps some of you and you all enjoy the video. Be safe out there and God bless.

Attachments

See less See more
1 2
#3 ·
Good wade. Do y’all fish the channels just off the ship channel to the north just west of Port Is? I’m not sure how/where to walk in from but have seen pics of a lot of good fish caught wading there. Bil caught a 29” trout wading in there earlier this year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.