chandeleur islands - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Individual Fishing & Game Reports
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-28-2019, 02:34 PM   #1
scooterfish58
Registered Users-pm+

scooterfish58 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
chandeleur islands

Anybody been recently and where do you recommend fishing. my first trip.Do you wade or stay in boat etc? thanks
scooterfish58 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2019, 11:42 PM   #2
johnnyinhouston
Registered Users-pm+

johnnyinhouston is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)johnnyinhouston is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)johnnyinhouston is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)johnnyinhouston is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)johnnyinhouston is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)johnnyinhouston is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)johnnyinhouston is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)johnnyinhouston is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)johnnyinhouston is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)johnnyinhouston is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)johnnyinhouston is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Trip 8-19 to 8-21

We had a great trip. many fished from Redfish Point to big red buoy. Lots of reds caught in shallow water. I caught mine on popping cork and Norton sand eel jrs. Some trout on that same set up. However we really got into the trout on the 3rd day fishing North Island in about 4 to 5 feet of water. We limited there, but caught trout many different locations. We caught many trout on eighth ounce jig heads with cocahoe minnows or bass assassins in chicken on a chain or something with chartreuse. I had good luck placing an eighth ounce jig head in a TSL grasswalker and switching and jerking it along in 3 to 5 feet water letting it drop before working it. Most of our trout were caught around grass. Our boat had limit of reds by the second day and we only fished three hours the first day because of scheduling issues. We were supposed to go on the VI, but they had issues with Feds and we had to scramble to find another captain--Captain Dean and his crew was available. Much smaller boat, but it worked out. Who are you going with? Dennis Marshall and DMJ Charters are great people. We may use them next year. We have been going for about 10 years and we thoroughly enjoy it each time. Good luck!!

We don't wade anymore unless it is at the beach.--too many sharks and you can cover more ground in a boat.

Last edited by johnnyinhouston; 08-29-2019 at 11:44 PM. Reason: Left info out
johnnyinhouston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2019, 12:38 PM   #3
scooterfish58
Registered Users-pm+

chandeleur

we are going on the Due south. can you find those locations on a map? did you fish mainly out of boat? I cant wait!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2019, 10:55 PM   #4
Oak
Registered Users-pm+

Oak has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerOak has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerOak has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerOak has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerOak has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerOak has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerOak has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerOak has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerOak has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerOak has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerOak has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
chandeleur islands

We just did a trip 2 weeks ago.
We caught just shy of our 400 trout limit between the 2 boats. A number of nice reds as well. 80% of our fish caught in the surf this year. We had mostly N and W winds so that makes a difference in being able to get out there in the skiffs. Otherwise you have to park on the back side and walk across / wade. Some fish caught on the bay side... redfish point, sunken shrimp boat, harbor island, etc. but not consistent like the surf for us.

I tend to try to stay in the boat this late in the summer. I’d be more at ease if I couldn’t see the hundreds of rays and sharks... it’s not like there’s an urgent care around the corner either. But that’s just me, I primarily wade fish in Texas cause I can’t see em!

Good luck. This year was one of our best trips as far as the fishing goes.

Ps. Quick plug for Jokas Wild. We’ve been fishing with them for about 7 years now. They recently downsized to a 63’ sportfisher so we tied up with Southern Way to handle our large group. Capt Kirk and Capt George on JW are first rate and the new boat is sweet. Definitely recommend for smaller groups but can handle large as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Oak; 09-04-2019 at 11:00 PM.
Oak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2019, 08:55 AM   #5
scooterfish58
Registered Users-pm+

Redfish point is where? and how do you get into surf? It looks like you have to go around island. When fishing surf are you throwing off the beach or getting deep?