Conroe Guides - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Fresh water forums > Freshwater Fishing General Discussion Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2020, 09:48 AM   #1
PresidentThump
Registered Users-pm+

PresidentThump has been promoted to PiratePresidentThump has been promoted to PiratePresidentThump has been promoted to PiratePresidentThump has been promoted to PiratePresidentThump has been promoted to PiratePresidentThump has been promoted to PiratePresidentThump has been promoted to PiratePresidentThump has been promoted to PiratePresidentThump has been promoted to PiratePresidentThump has been promoted to PiratePresidentThump has been promoted to Pirate
Conroe Guides

Any guide recommendations for Bass, Crappie, White Bass, or Catfish? When are the best times to target the different species?

I grew up catching bass in neighborhood lakes but never did much big lake fishing. Trying to get my dad and father in-law on a good charter. Dad and I are are bigger saltwater fishermen and FIL is a novice outdoorsman in general.

Any help would be appreciated
PresidentThump is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2020, 10:13 AM   #2
phishtales
Registered Users-pm+

phishtales has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)phishtales has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)phishtales has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)phishtales has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)phishtales has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)phishtales has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)phishtales has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)phishtales has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)phishtales has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)phishtales has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)phishtales has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)
Conroe

I would recommend Butch Terpe for Crappie and Catfish. He guides out of Stowaway Marina. We have used him several times and been very pleased. Mid April-Early May...Weather is more dependable.
phishtales is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2020, 12:20 AM   #3
ML56

ML56 has been promoted to PirateML56 has been promoted to PirateML56 has been promoted to PirateML56 has been promoted to PirateML56 has been promoted to PirateML56 has been promoted to PirateML56 has been promoted to PirateML56 has been promoted to PirateML56 has been promoted to PirateML56 has been promoted to PirateML56 has been promoted to Pirate
Never had a bad trip using Mike Richardson, aka Lake Livingston Adventures.
He guides Conroe and Livingston, is a great Capt, and has a great boat. 936 327 6930
Time is about perfect for him to be on the hybrids, and deadsticking.
ML56 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2020, 06:02 AM   #4
shadslinger

shadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by phishtales View Post
I would recommend Butch Terpe for Crappie and Catfish. He guides out of Stowaway Marina. We have used him several times and been very pleased. Mid April-Early May...Weather is more dependable.

I hear very good reviews from people who fish with Butch Terpe.
Old 02-14-2020, 09:34 AM   #5
MrsTroutsnot
Registered Users-pm+

MrsTroutsnot has been promoted to PirateMrsTroutsnot has been promoted to PirateMrsTroutsnot has been promoted to PirateMrsTroutsnot has been promoted to PirateMrsTroutsnot has been promoted to PirateMrsTroutsnot has been promoted to PirateMrsTroutsnot has been promoted to PirateMrsTroutsnot has been promoted to PirateMrsTroutsnot has been promoted to PirateMrsTroutsnot has been promoted to PirateMrsTroutsnot has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by ML56 View Post
Never had a bad trip using Mike Richardson, aka Lake Livingston Adventures.
He guides Conroe and Livingston, is a great Capt, and has a great boat. 936 327 6930
Time is about perfect for him to be on the hybrids, and deadsticking.
Have To Agree, According To My Stepson...
MrsTroutsnot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2020, 09:56 AM   #6
Mattsfishin
Registered Users-pm+

Mattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to Pirate
Butch Terpe would be the one to call. Been on the lake forever. He REALLY knows the lake and has been active in the crappie stocking program. If I ever need a guide on Conroe it would be Butch Terpe. HONEST AND RELIABLE !!
Mattsfishin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2020, 02:05 PM   #7
phishtales
Registered Users-pm+

phishtales has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)phishtales has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)phishtales has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)phishtales has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)phishtales has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)phishtales has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)phishtales has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)phishtales has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)phishtales has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)phishtales has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)phishtales has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)
With Butch just be aware you clean your own fish. Not a big deal but just know up front.
phishtales is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2020, 05:33 PM   #8
That Robbie Guy
Registered Users-pm+

That Robbie Guy has disabled reputation
Yep, yep - i've got him booked again for the 13th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadslinger View Post
I hear very good reviews from people who fish with Butch Terpe.
That Robbie Guy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2020, 11:05 PM   #9
whsalum
Registered Users-pm+

whsalum has been promoted to Piratewhsalum has been promoted to Piratewhsalum has been promoted to Piratewhsalum has been promoted to Piratewhsalum has been promoted to Piratewhsalum has been promoted to Piratewhsalum has been promoted to Piratewhsalum has been promoted to Piratewhsalum has been promoted to Piratewhsalum has been promoted to Piratewhsalum has been promoted to Pirate
I see your post mentioned several different species. I'm sure there are guides on Conroe who specialize in Crappie that do very well. When it comes to an overall guide over there it will be hard to beat Mike Richardson. He consistently puts up impressive catches of whites, hybrids, catfish and crappie over there. Not sure of anyone who guides for black bass on Conroe unless it would be Jeremy Francis of Francis Fishing.
whsalum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2020, 01:22 AM   #10
Sac-a-lait Trey
Semper Piscandi

Sac-a-lait Trey has been promoted to PirateSac-a-lait Trey has been promoted to PirateSac-a-lait Trey has been promoted to PirateSac-a-lait Trey has been promoted to PirateSac-a-lait Trey has been promoted to PirateSac-a-lait Trey has been promoted to PirateSac-a-lait Trey has been promoted to PirateSac-a-lait Trey has been promoted to PirateSac-a-lait Trey has been promoted to PirateSac-a-lait Trey has been promoted to PirateSac-a-lait Trey has been promoted to Pirate
Looks like some great suggestions.

I can heartily recommend Chris Edwards (Catch A Trophy Fishing Guide Service) as a fantastic multi-species guide for Conroe.

Went out with him some time ago specifically to catch a variety, and dang it if we didn’t catch two or three of every species I can think of that lives in that lake. The guy absolutely lives to fish (which I’m guessing all great guides do).

Hope you have a great trip.
Sac-a-lait Trey is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message