Pizza on the Big Green Egg video is up now!! - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > BBQ & Grilling Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2020, 09:35 PM   #1
brad king
Registered Users-pm+

brad king has been promoted to Piratebrad king has been promoted to Piratebrad king has been promoted to Piratebrad king has been promoted to Piratebrad king has been promoted to Piratebrad king has been promoted to Piratebrad king has been promoted to Piratebrad king has been promoted to Piratebrad king has been promoted to Piratebrad king has been promoted to Piratebrad king has been promoted to Pirate
Brew Pizza on the Big Green Egg video is up now!!

We finally bought a Pizza stone for the BGE so we decided to record our first attempt. Super fun vid to make and the pizzas were amazing!
brad king is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2020, 09:56 AM   #2
On The Hook
Maker of custom TX numbers & wraps

On The Hook has been promoted to PirateOn The Hook has been promoted to PirateOn The Hook has been promoted to PirateOn The Hook has been promoted to PirateOn The Hook has been promoted to PirateOn The Hook has been promoted to PirateOn The Hook has been promoted to PirateOn The Hook has been promoted to PirateOn The Hook has been promoted to PirateOn The Hook has been promoted to PirateOn The Hook has been promoted to Pirate
Kamado grills are perfect for pizza. I’ve made many a great pizza on the Kamado. If you have a bread machine, you can make great fresh dough. If you like, you can make extra and freeze it for later use.

You will want to get a good pizza slide, that way, you can get the stone fully up to temperature then slide the fresh pizza onto the hot stone. As you noted, little corn meal sprinkled on the slide and stone will stop it from sticking. Your stone looks a little smaller than what I use. A larger stone will prevent the burnt edges.

Good looking pizza, now I’m hungry.

Last edited by On The Hook; 01-17-2020 at 10:02 AM.
On The Hook is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2020, 12:21 PM   #3
brad king
Registered Users-pm+

brad king has been promoted to Piratebrad king has been promoted to Piratebrad king has been promoted to Piratebrad king has been promoted to Piratebrad king has been promoted to Piratebrad king has been promoted to Piratebrad king has been promoted to Piratebrad king has been promoted to Piratebrad king has been promoted to Piratebrad king has been promoted to Piratebrad king has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by On The Hook View Post
Kamado grills are perfect for pizza. I’ve made many a great pizza on the Kamado. If you have a bread machine, you can make great fresh dough. If you like, you can make extra and freeze it for later use.

You will want to get a good pizza slide, that way, you can get the stone fully up to temperature then slide the fresh pizza onto the hot stone. As you noted, little corn meal sprinkled on the slide and stone will stop it from sticking. Your stone looks a little smaller than what I use. A larger stone will prevent the burnt edges.

Good looking pizza, now I’m hungry.
Thank you for the great advice, that was a ton of fun and we for sure have some better ideas on improving it next time!!! Glad you liked the vid
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2020, 08:43 AM   #4
karstopo
Taking shots at fish

karstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Pirate
I’ve done pizza on my BGE. Cooking pizza at 700 degrees just outdoes anything that can be done in an in the house oven. Nothing better than a margherita pizza or the even more simple caprese, fresh Roma type tomatoes, fresh basil, fresh mozzarella, a little Parmigiano Reggiano, a little good EVOO and a drizzle of viscous well aged balsamic vinegar. The hardest part I’ve found is getting the dough right, not too wet and sticky as to transfer well to the hot stone. Bread, instead of all purpose, flour helps make a better crust, imo. My daughter makes the best pizza dough in the family, but she’s part Italian, must be in her blood.
karstopo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2020, 10:43 AM   #5
brad king
Registered Users-pm+

Quote:
Originally Posted by karstopo View Post
I’ve done pizza on my BGE. Cooking pizza at 700 degrees just outdoes anything that can be done in an in the house oven. Nothing better than a margherita pizza or the even more simple caprese, fresh Roma type tomatoes, fresh basil, fresh mozzarella, a little Parmigiano Reggiano, a little good EVOO and a drizzle of viscous well aged balsamic vinegar. The hardest part I’ve found is getting the dough right, not too wet and sticky as to transfer well to the hot stone. Bread, instead of all purpose, flour helps make a better crust, imo. My daughter makes the best pizza dough in the family, but she’s part Italian, must be in her blood.
Man it is amazing and way more fun than making them in the oven!!! We are gonna go for round #2 this weekend!!
Old 01-22-2020, 11:24 AM   #6
Reynolds4
Registered Users-pm+

Reynolds4 has been promoted to PirateReynolds4 has been promoted to PirateReynolds4 has been promoted to PirateReynolds4 has been promoted to PirateReynolds4 has been promoted to PirateReynolds4 has been promoted to PirateReynolds4 has been promoted to PirateReynolds4 has been promoted to PirateReynolds4 has been promoted to PirateReynolds4 has been promoted to PirateReynolds4 has been promoted to Pirate
I actually went out and bought an egg over the weekend after watching that video. I've been wanting one for a while. Made a pizza on it Monday night...it was for sure legit!
Reynolds4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2020, 11:36 AM   #7
brad king
Registered Users-pm+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reynolds4 View Post
I actually went out and bought an egg over the weekend after watching that video. I've been wanting one for a while. Made a pizza on it Monday night...it was for sure legit!
Man that is AWESOME!!! You will not regret the decision, hands down best grill I've ever used for anything!!!
Old 01-23-2020, 12:10 AM   #8
bcoastal
Registered Users-pm+

bcoastal has been promoted to Piratebcoastal has been promoted to Piratebcoastal has been promoted to Piratebcoastal has been promoted to Piratebcoastal has been promoted to Piratebcoastal has been promoted to Piratebcoastal has been promoted to Piratebcoastal has been promoted to Piratebcoastal has been promoted to Piratebcoastal has been promoted to Piratebcoastal has been promoted to Pirate
Nice video! We've made pizza religiously about twice a week for about 5 years. Love using the kamado. I have learned so much but the best advise would be is to place a heat deflector on the grates, then 3 bricks, then the stone. Pizza nights are the best!
bcoastal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2020, 02:38 AM   #9
apilinariosilvia
Registered Users-pm+

apilinariosilvia is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Egg and Pizza both are my favorite Dishes. This Dish is looking very tasty. I also want to make this on Wood Fired Pizza Ovens.

I will surely try this Dish.
apilinariosilvia is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message