Yamaha F70 vs Suzuki f70 - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Boating Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-23-2020, 09:57 PM   #11
TOM WEBER
Cazadora

TOM WEBER has been promoted to PirateTOM WEBER has been promoted to PirateTOM WEBER has been promoted to PirateTOM WEBER has been promoted to PirateTOM WEBER has been promoted to PirateTOM WEBER has been promoted to PirateTOM WEBER has been promoted to PirateTOM WEBER has been promoted to PirateTOM WEBER has been promoted to PirateTOM WEBER has been promoted to PirateTOM WEBER has been promoted to Pirate
I had a 16 whaler I redid and put a tiller 40 on it. Im guessing it weighed maybe
600 to 700 pounds? It ran fine. That boat Im guessing is no more than 700. If has run that way since new I wonder if there is not some electrical or fuel delivery problem since new. Kinked fuel line ...something related to the rigging?? Suspect cutting your prop is not the answer. Think you need a good Yammy mechanic if you don't figure it out soom . It is time to fish.

Suspect you will ultimately figure it out and enjoy that boat. We have all jumped in to a boat we wanted at one time or another. Trusting someone is not a bad problem to have. I have many times and it is always a lesson that costs$ but still try to be a handshake guy as often as possible
TOM WEBER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2020, 12:38 AM   #12
justletmein
Just call me JJ

justletmein has been promoted to Piratejustletmein has been promoted to Piratejustletmein has been promoted to Piratejustletmein has been promoted to Piratejustletmein has been promoted to Piratejustletmein has been promoted to Piratejustletmein has been promoted to Piratejustletmein has been promoted to Piratejustletmein has been promoted to Piratejustletmein has been promoted to Piratejustletmein has been promoted to Pirate
I'd expect the Yamaha to outperform the Suzuki handily, in both performance and reliability (I've owned two of each on previous boats). You may have something else going on. Obviously a completely different rig, but the 70hp Yamaha on my Alumacraft 1756 w/tunnel pushed that boat to about 40 and it was setup for running skinny not speed.

edit: Also you mentioned ordering a 15 "inch" prop after mentioning Dargel recommended a 16 "pitch" prop, those two are not the same measurements. You can have a 15 inch diameter prop with a 19 inch pitch. What exactly did you order, inches and pitch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndTuition View Post
The prop Dargel recommends is a powertech CFF 4 blade 16 inch pitch. I ordered a CFF 4 blade 15 inch, and the motor will not even get the boat up. Wont go over 3400RPM. The boat came with a powertech 3 blade 13 inch pitch and it will get up, but takes a football field in length to do it, then only gets to 5200RP and about 21MPH.

Last edited by justletmein; 05-24-2020 at 12:43 AM.
justletmein is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2020, 05:10 AM   #13
BBCAT
Registered Users-pm+

BBCAT has been promoted to PirateBBCAT has been promoted to PirateBBCAT has been promoted to PirateBBCAT has been promoted to PirateBBCAT has been promoted to PirateBBCAT has been promoted to PirateBBCAT has been promoted to PirateBBCAT has been promoted to PirateBBCAT has been promoted to PirateBBCAT has been promoted to PirateBBCAT has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Boat and motor are 2015.
Is this a good number, what should your rig weigh?
BBCAT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2020, 08:58 AM   #14
EndTuition
Life is good on the bayou..

EndTuition has been promoted to PirateEndTuition has been promoted to PirateEndTuition has been promoted to PirateEndTuition has been promoted to PirateEndTuition has been promoted to PirateEndTuition has been promoted to PirateEndTuition has been promoted to PirateEndTuition has been promoted to PirateEndTuition has been promoted to PirateEndTuition has been promoted to PirateEndTuition has been promoted to Pirate
Having a mechanic come out Tuesday. Also all the prop numbers I'm throwing out are inches of pitch not diameter. 2015 is the year model, not weight. Thanks for the feedback, especially the real world numbers. They help considerably. Pretty sure it's not the prop now. More when I have it.
EndTuition is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2020, 01:20 AM   #15
justletmein
Just call me JJ

justletmein has been promoted to Piratejustletmein has been promoted to Piratejustletmein has been promoted to Piratejustletmein has been promoted to Piratejustletmein has been promoted to Piratejustletmein has been promoted to Piratejustletmein has been promoted to Piratejustletmein has been promoted to Piratejustletmein has been promoted to Piratejustletmein has been promoted to Piratejustletmein has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Having a mechanic come out Tuesday. Also all the prop numbers I'm throwing out are inches of pitch not diameter. 2015 is the year model, not weight. Thanks for the feedback, especially the real world numbers. They help considerably. Pretty sure it's not the prop now. More when I have it.
Hopefully just a loose spark plug cable or something, good luck! Please keep us updated.
justletmein is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2020, 08:22 AM   #16
impulse
'81 Aggie

impulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirate
With a boat that recent and a reputable motor, I suspect you're going to be pleasantly surprised when the mechanic identifies a simple maintenance item that's causing your issues. Plugged fuel filter, worn out (from ethanol) fuel lines, bad spark plug wire, bad batch of gas, etc.
impulse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2020, 08:46 AM   #17
EndTuition

EndTuition has been promoted to PirateEndTuition has been promoted to PirateEndTuition has been promoted to PirateEndTuition has been promoted to PirateEndTuition has been promoted to PirateEndTuition has been promoted to PirateEndTuition has been promoted to PirateEndTuition has been promoted to PirateEndTuition has been promoted to PirateEndTuition has been promoted to PirateEndTuition has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by impulse View Post
With a boat that recent and a reputable motor, I suspect you're going to be pleasantly surprised when the mechanic identifies a simple maintenance item that's causing your issues. Plugged fuel filter, worn out (from ethanol) fuel lines, bad spark plug wire, bad batch of gas, etc.
I sure hope so. Mechanic is going to clean the injectors and replace screens. If that don't work I'll take it to a factory authorized shop and have the full diagnostic done.
Old 06-01-2020, 08:06 AM   #18
EndTuition

Took the boat to VIP. They are a Dargel and Yamaha shop. They are going to look at motor first. Said there is no place for water in that boat. It's totally foam filled. May be a few weeks before they get to it but at least they know what it's supposed to do and how it's supposed to run. More when I have it.
Old 06-01-2020, 09:11 AM   #19
bwguardian
archTech

bwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Took the boat to VIP. They are a Dargel and Yamaha shop. They are going to look at motor first. Said there is no place for water in that boat. It's totally foam filled. May be a few weeks before they get to it but at least they know what it's supposed to do and how it's supposed to run. More when I have it.
...and so are the classic Whalers that get water saturated whereas the foam soaks up water and become heavy from a leaking through hull...
bwguardian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-2020, 08:06 PM   #20
EndTuition

I worked on a geophysical boat many years ago. I remember what one of the Scientist told me about something being waterproof. It means once the water gets in, It absolutely can not get out. Having said that I also just restored a classic whaler. It took a while but the water in the core did drain out once I lifted the bow about 45 degrees. That was 55 year old open cell foam. I want to believe the process has improved a bit since then. Killing me to have to wait for someone else.