First Surf Trip Of The Year - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Individual Fishing & Game Reports
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-19-2020, 10:55 AM   #1
TroutOut
Registered Users-pm+

TroutOut has been promoted to PirateTroutOut has been promoted to PirateTroutOut has been promoted to PirateTroutOut has been promoted to PirateTroutOut has been promoted to PirateTroutOut has been promoted to PirateTroutOut has been promoted to PirateTroutOut has been promoted to PirateTroutOut has been promoted to PirateTroutOut has been promoted to PirateTroutOut has been promoted to Pirate
First Surf Trip Of The Year

Yesterday Monday - 05/18/2020.
Time fished 8:00 AM - 1:30 PM.
Conditions: W-NW winds 5-10 at daybreak until 12:30 PM, then S-SW 10 -15.Clear skies, very low tide on far east end of the sea wall. Water was very sandy.

Started off on the rock groins off the sea wall. Very little water until you got to the end of the rocks. I saw some bait and slicks so I thought I would give it a try. Nothing after 30 minutes so I made a move to the west end near the pass.

By this time the tide started coming in. Waded out to 3rd bar, where I was taking big waves across the chest from the incoming tide but I fought it. They finally started biting decent around 10:30.

I managed 2 keepers and had several come unbuttoned. Went in and rested for 5 - 10 minutes and swapped over to my backup rod and reel. I had all kinds of tackle and equipment issues but I got my limit and then played catch and release for another hour. All told I think I probably caught about 10 - 15 trout with only one not being a keeper. The only thing I could get them to hit on was a white shad tail bait.

Came in and drank an ice cold cerveza and packed it in.
Beautiful day on the beach and got to visit with my daughter who was also at the beach later that afternoon. It does not get much better than that.
Attached Images

TroutOut is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2020, 11:16 AM   #2
thirdcoastangler
Registered Users-pm+

thirdcoastangler has been promoted to the rank of Riggerthirdcoastangler has been promoted to the rank of Riggerthirdcoastangler has been promoted to the rank of Riggerthirdcoastangler has been promoted to the rank of Riggerthirdcoastangler has been promoted to the rank of Riggerthirdcoastangler has been promoted to the rank of Riggerthirdcoastangler has been promoted to the rank of Riggerthirdcoastangler has been promoted to the rank of Riggerthirdcoastangler has been promoted to the rank of Riggerthirdcoastangler has been promoted to the rank of Riggerthirdcoastangler has been promoted to the rank of Rigger
That's a fine mess of fish
thirdcoastangler is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2020, 11:48 AM   #3
rainbowrunner
The fish kind

rainbowrunner has been promoted to Piraterainbowrunner has been promoted to Piraterainbowrunner has been promoted to Piraterainbowrunner has been promoted to Piraterainbowrunner has been promoted to Piraterainbowrunner has been promoted to Piraterainbowrunner has been promoted to Piraterainbowrunner has been promoted to Piraterainbowrunner has been promoted to Piraterainbowrunner has been promoted to Piraterainbowrunner has been promoted to Pirate
Way to hang in there! Good catch
rainbowrunner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2020, 01:41 PM   #4
SARGEANTSEACAT
Registered Users-pm+

SARGEANTSEACAT is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Nice

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk
SARGEANTSEACAT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2020, 02:15 PM   #5
poppadawg
Registered Users-pm+

poppadawg has been promoted to Piratepoppadawg has been promoted to Piratepoppadawg has been promoted to Piratepoppadawg has been promoted to Piratepoppadawg has been promoted to Piratepoppadawg has been promoted to Piratepoppadawg has been promoted to Piratepoppadawg has been promoted to Piratepoppadawg has been promoted to Piratepoppadawg has been promoted to Piratepoppadawg has been promoted to Pirate
Sounds like a fabulous day
poppadawg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message