2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Who would you use to install electronics?

6K views 44 replies 30 participants last post by  pipedream 
#1 ·
I will be purchasing a new bottom machine next week. Since Breakwater had done the original install (according to Marine Max), and as their banner flew across the top of this site on occasion, I had planned to call Derek. But another thread on this site has me nervous. I am thinking of a 582L. Who would you use to install? And with what transducer? The boat is a Sea Pro V2300 CC.

#2 ·
John @ Tightlines

thomassteele said:
I will be purchasing a new bottom machine next week. Since Breakwater had done the original install (according to Marine Max), and as their banner flew across the top of this site on occasion, I had planned to call Derek. But another thread on this site has me nervous. I am thinking of a 582L. Who would you use to install? And with what transducer? The boat is a Sea Pro V2300 CC.
I would buy from John. He is a board sponsor and is excellent at customer service.

http://tightlinerods.com/

Bob

#6 ·
i will have to agree with what has been said above. John at Tightline Rods.

His service AFTER the sale is as good as it gets. I've never had a question go unanswered. And that includes the phone calls that I've made to him, even on Thanksgiving day. LOL

Capt. Forrest

#9 ·
john @ tightline gets my vote, and my money. don't want to bash bw, but i dragged my boat from the woodlands to bw to get a quote, still waiting on that quote, but its too late because tightline hooked me up. I was just a little peaved I spent 2 hrs driving, 1 hr having techs look over the boat and then no follow through.

#13 ·
I agree with what everyone has said. I too had the no call back issue from Breakwater on more than one instance. That is until I found JTBURF. Now, I don't even bother with the other guy. As for installation, I usually do my electronics myself but I had the boat at Millennium for another item and decided to have them go ahead and install an in-hull transducer while it was there. Once again, they did a top notch job and a reasonalbe price. Beyond purchase, its a matter of what is your time worth.

#14 ·
BUY from John and do as that Charlie guy said. You shouldn't have problem installing yourself as I installed mine and I'm no brain surgen. The only problem will be running your transducer cable (will probally need 2 people) all else is elementry. I started the post on BW and made no mention of a deamon all I asked for was a return ph call. NUFF said Did I mention BUY from John @ titeline WW

#15 ·
wet dreams said:
BUY from John and do as that Charlie guy said. You shouldn't have problem installing yourself as I installed mine and I'm no brain surgen. The only problem will be running your transducer cable (will probally need 2 people) all else is elementry. I started the post on BW and made no mention of a deamon all I asked for was a return ph call. NUFF said Did I mention BUY from John @ titeline WW
and yours doesn't work, then you start a thread running down a dealer that didn't sell it to you. That thread is the most dishonest thread I have seen in a while. Complete BS. Maybe John can come here and answer why he's expecting another dealer to service his sale.

#17 ·
HOW in the world do you get dishonest. I really don't understand where you get John is expecting someone else to do the work. Maybe you read something into it which WAS not said or intended. Like I did say John among others PMed me SAP and asked why I didnt contact him, but I had already made my move. I dont know if John is a Cert Tech as I am awaiting a call from him, I do know Furuno told me to take it to a Cert Tech and if it needed to be sent in they would be glad to do it. I do think installing and opening up and working on the inside is somewhat a different issue in my country a$$ed mind. WW

#19 ·
As far as you calling my post BS you are aiming the wrong way here buddy it is BS as far as them telling me they would call rite back and not >>4 TIMES<< . They had no clue where I bought it and it wasn't brought up and as far as them working on it it should NOT matter. I don't have a 5k$ unit but its not a 100$ handheld either but from the PMs I have gotten it dont seen to matter. WW

#21 ·
Why would you buy from one dealer and expect another to provide you with warranty service? Don't come on my site bashing customer service from someone you didn't buy from. I also have a call into Tightline that has now gone un returned for well over an hour. Mystery? hardly. You got exactly what you paid for. End of story.

#22 ·
I installed my Furruno 1712 with radio dome. Lowrance LCX 104 with shoot thru transducer(in the bow because of the Fountain step hull) and GPS antenna. Garman 162 GPS/Chart plotter. And VHF Radio with 8' antenna with stainless ratchet mount on Top.
I did it myself and it really wasn't that hard. The only part that could give you trouble might be in in dash cut out. Because of my cuddy I had to mount all my electronics on top of the dash.

#23 ·
Mont said:
Why would you buy from one dealer and expect another to provide you with warranty service? Don't come on my site bashing customer service from someone you didn't buy from. I also have a call into Tightline that has now gone un returned for well over an hour. Mystery? hardly. You got exactly what you paid for. End of story.
Are you saying that if I move to Florida I shouldn't expect good service from the Furuno dealer there because I bought my electronics in Texas? Well I wish I would have known that before dropping 5 grand. Fore some reason I thought that Furuno would stand behind there product no mater where you bought it. Maybe some one should copy these threads and email them to Furuno to see what they think.

#24 ·
Well, that's not the situation we have here. Both dealers are within 50 miles of each other. I could care less what Furuno thinks about the situation. This **** showed up on my forum not theirs. Maybe they should find dealers that will provide service or not sell to the ones that don't or won't. I own my own a/c business, and hell would freeze over before I honored another dealer's warranty. There's a reason my prices are higher that some of these guys working out of their garage, it's called customer service.

#25 ·
Dont get confused here and by no means take what has been said wrong or read something into it that has NOT been said. Seems as if theres a little bashing of John @ titeline rods about not returning (dodging was insinuated) a call in a hr and expecting someone else to do his service. This is way wrong John WILL return your call be it Mon or Sun. or as Capt Forrest said on Thanjsgiving unlike some other dealers on here >>51 days<< and still waiting. I did as others had sugested and installed my bottom machine, a GPS/Plotter and both worked FINE, I did have some problems with my GPS (software) and it had NOTHING to do with the install. Now if I were to get 1 of the new all in one type electronics I would seek help. WW

#26 ·
I hear what your saying Mont but to me Boat electronic service issues should be handled at any authorized service center. If not what's the point in being "Factory authorized"

I usually try to not be negative but I've had similar issues with BW and these posts just pushed my hot button.

Sorry

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.