2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Where in POC is safe to tie up my boat for trailer work?

2K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  POC-Plugger 
#1 ·
Just as the title implies, my trailer is in need of some TLC. If the weather this weekend allows, I plan on coming down to POC to refelt all my bunks, fender wells, and replace all my old hardware with new SS fasteners..Not really too fond of leaving her tied up on the spare piers next to Froggies, or anywhere near the fishing center just due to all the boat wakes, and jacklegs running WFO right by the ramps and waking everyone...Would Clarks allow me to offload and tie up in one of their slips while i do my work in the lot out of the way? Or does anyone know where else, wether its a private bulkheaded dock with some protection or tied off down a canal by one of the condos near Fishing Center..just need somewhere protected where Im not always having to keep an eye on it while I work by myself..Id be willing to pay a little to tie up somewhere out of the way. Thanks fellas

#2 ·
Call Brenda Carter and ask to use one of the slips behind Pirates Cove condos. There’s always a good few empty slips even this time of year. If not try Clark’s Motel and use one of the slips behind the motel itself while working on your trailer in the lot. I’m sure they’d let you for a small fee.

#9 ·
Why not just do it at home. I’ve done it before by jacking up the boat and blocking it up just high enough to slip the bunks out.
Did everything you are talking about without ever taking the boat off the trailer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#11 ·
re

Why not just do it at home. I’ve done it before by jacking up the boat and blocking it up just high enough to slip the bunks out.
Did everything you are talking about without ever taking the boat off the trailer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
to me its just easier being the fact that the boat is 2 minutes from the water in POC

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.