Hook up to Kill Switch or Live Switch - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2007, 12:47 PM   #1
salsaman
Henry

salsaman has been promoted to Piratesalsaman has been promoted to Piratesalsaman has been promoted to Piratesalsaman has been promoted to Piratesalsaman has been promoted to Piratesalsaman has been promoted to Piratesalsaman has been promoted to Piratesalsaman has been promoted to Piratesalsaman has been promoted to Piratesalsaman has been promoted to Piratesalsaman has been promoted to Pirate
Hook up to Kill Switch or Live Switch

Thursday Nov. 8, 2007, 7:45 A.M. @ the entrance of Bastrop Bayou and the ICW. I was stuck in mud as always. I was pulled off the mud by Captain Anthony Pieper from Liverpool, TX. As I was pulled to deeper water I attempted to get my boat to plane and was successful. When I started to clear the mud to deeper water I turned the wheel and heard the snap of the steering cable, my hands whipped the wheel around without any resitance. I felt the motor sling to the port side as I tried to drop myself low in the boat to prevent from being thrown out. No such luck. My fat *** was slung out as fast as you could say OH SH... I normally put on my kill switch harness when leaving the dock but in my mind this was a slow, short distance maneuver after which I'd stop the boat. As I hit the water, the boat started its turns and I realized I did not have the kill switch harness on. The boat was making it's turns towards me as I back peddled in the foot deep mud and two foot water. I was pushing out away from the boat even though it was still heading my way. I was thinking this is going to HURT! At the time I believed it was better to try to get clear of the boat entirely rather thn to swim to the middle of the circling boat. Different circumstances may require different actions. There was no way I could climb on to the boat because the speed was too fast and the mud was sucking at my feet. The motor missed me on the second turn by a foot but I new I was running out of time. That is when Captain Pieper manuvered his boat between me and my Tejano Salsa Kenner. As I was lifted out of the water by Captain Pieper, the Tejano Salsa boat hit the Shallow Sport instead of me. Thank God for angels and Captain Anthony Pieper. SAFETY TIP (and lesson learned!): When the big motor is on, wear the KILL Switch even if you'll be going slow or for a short distance. I went all day Friday without pain pills for my bruised ribs and leg because I was celebrating my life with pain. And a reminder, Safety first and always. DO NOT BE STUPID LIKE I WAS. HENRY
salsaman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2007, 12:53 PM   #2
YakAg
Registered Users-pm+

YakAg is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)YakAg is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)YakAg is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)YakAg is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)YakAg is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)YakAg is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)YakAg is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)YakAg is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)YakAg is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)YakAg is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)YakAg is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Glad you are home safe. Way to go Capt. Pieper.
YakAg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2007, 12:56 PM   #3
cfred
What's a Corky?

cfred has been promoted to Piratecfred has been promoted to Piratecfred has been promoted to Piratecfred has been promoted to Piratecfred has been promoted to Piratecfred has been promoted to Piratecfred has been promoted to Piratecfred has been promoted to Piratecfred has been promoted to Piratecfred has been promoted to Piratecfred has been promoted to Pirate
Wow! Scarey stuff, thanks for the reminder and glad you're okay.
cfred is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2007, 01:15 PM   #4
TripleGrip
Registered Users-pm+

TripleGrip has been promoted to PirateTripleGrip has been promoted to PirateTripleGrip has been promoted to PirateTripleGrip has been promoted to PirateTripleGrip has been promoted to PirateTripleGrip has been promoted to PirateTripleGrip has been promoted to PirateTripleGrip has been promoted to PirateTripleGrip has been promoted to PirateTripleGrip has been promoted to PirateTripleGrip has been promoted to Pirate
I never wear mine but I will from now on and I will make sure my son does the same.Happy that you made out ok.
TripleGrip is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2007, 03:27 PM   #5
salsaman
Henry

salsaman has been promoted to Piratesalsaman has been promoted to Piratesalsaman has been promoted to Piratesalsaman has been promoted to Piratesalsaman has been promoted to Piratesalsaman has been promoted to Piratesalsaman has been promoted to Piratesalsaman has been promoted to Piratesalsaman has been promoted to Piratesalsaman has been promoted to Piratesalsaman has been promoted to Pirate
That is why I posted it. It is called swallow hard on the pride but better to safe a life.

Buy the way I finished fishing with Captain Pieper that day and he Caught Reds, Trout, Flounder. My one trout to his 13 or fouteen fish. He just put me through school big time.
salsaman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2007, 03:38 PM   #6
cfred
What's a Corky?

cfred has been promoted to Piratecfred has been promoted to Piratecfred has been promoted to Piratecfred has been promoted to Piratecfred has been promoted to Piratecfred has been promoted to Piratecfred has been promoted to Piratecfred has been promoted to Piratecfred has been promoted to Piratecfred has been promoted to Piratecfred has been promoted to Pirate
You mean after all that you went ahead and fished out the day! LOL Man, you're mad at 'em aren't ya?
cfred is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2007, 04:10 PM   #7
BeachCityBoy

BeachCityBoy has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieBeachCityBoy has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieBeachCityBoy has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieBeachCityBoy has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieBeachCityBoy has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieBeachCityBoy has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieBeachCityBoy has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieBeachCityBoy has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieBeachCityBoy has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieBeachCityBoy has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieBeachCityBoy has been promoted to the rank of Swabbie
Thanks for sharing your story, glad your okay. And thanks to your "angel" Captain Anthony Pieper.
BeachCityBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2007, 06:37 PM   #8
2brothers
Registered Users-pm+

2brothers has been promoted to the rank of Rigger2brothers has been promoted to the rank of Rigger2brothers has been promoted to the rank of Rigger2brothers has been promoted to the rank of Rigger2brothers has been promoted to the rank of Rigger2brothers has been promoted to the rank of Rigger2brothers has been promoted to the rank of Rigger2brothers has been promoted to the rank of Rigger2brothers has been promoted to the rank of Rigger2brothers has been promoted to the rank of Rigger2brothers has been promoted to the rank of Rigger
OK! OK! This is killing me or could have killed me, I’m told, if it was not for the fact that I had to be at work that day. But this story was much bigger when it was told to me over SALSAMANS’s newly replaced-again cell phone. But 1st I must say I’m glad he is still alive and still my brother for many more adventurous/hilarious fishing years to come.

SALSAMANS, my brother, seemed to have left out a few details from what he told me yesterday. Maybe it was from a knock to the head or something but lucky for him I remember the conversation and can fill in the blanks for him and you.

Question: If my brother’s boat was off in a distance how did Captain Pieper know he was in trouble? Well you remember that “OH SH...”, of course it could not heard over the loud roaring engine but it apparently came cloud clearly over the x-microphone my brother was wearing. That right, my brother was wired up and out again trying to catch just one little Red Fish for the premier episode of the yet to be named Fishing/Cooking/Safety TV show. If you have not read this previous post https://www.2coolfishing.com/ttmbforum/showthread.php?t=135259 you may want to so now before going forward.

According to my estimations on which of the episode my brother is going to catch his 1st Red Fish I’m still right on track for next season. That’s right he went back out fishing after the accident and even put Captain Pieper on top of the Red Fish this time as Pieper caught several but apparently Henry forgot to put himself on top of the same Red Fish. But I hear they got really good footage on my brother dry-docking his boat in the middle of the bayou again.

With all that has happened and not happened so far it looks a lot like “yet to be named Fishing/Cooking/Safety TV show” is going to have to be shortened too “yet to be named Cooking TV show”. Hey I just had another possible name for the show “How Not To Catch A Red Fish Show”. Oh and there was also something about a repetitive theme being brought up thoughtout the entire trip of “Who’s counting” and “It’s 10-1” concerning landing Speckled Trouts. But my brother was just minimally involved in the too.

As for the moral of Henry’s story he also forgot to mention that he spoke with the Coast Guard on this issue and was informed there have already been three people killed by their boats this year due to the exact same situation above and that survival is usually the exception! Scary stuff.
- Hook-Up The Kill Switch Or Risk Being Killed -

2brothers
2brothers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2007, 06:53 PM   #9
AimlessRolling
Just another TEXAS newbie

AimlessRolling has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieAimlessRolling has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieAimlessRolling has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieAimlessRolling has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieAimlessRolling has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieAimlessRolling has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieAimlessRolling has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieAimlessRolling has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieAimlessRolling has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieAimlessRolling has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieAimlessRolling has been promoted to the rank of Swabbie
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2brothers
2brothers
You are one cold individual, man almost kills himself and you dig him a hole, but I would not expect any less from my brother either. LOL. Thanks for the "truth" of the matter.

AR
AimlessRolling is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2007, 08:28 PM   #10
Jake

Jake has been promoted to PirateJake has been promoted to PirateJake has been promoted to PirateJake has been promoted to PirateJake has been promoted to PirateJake has been promoted to PirateJake has been promoted to PirateJake has been promoted to PirateJake has been promoted to PirateJake has been promoted to PirateJake has been promoted to Pirate
glad to hear that you're okay. I remember a LONG time ago when I was about 6 we were fishing with Paul and my dad out by maggie's point and there was a guy that did pretty much the same thing. It was pretty crazy, but it all turned out fine.
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message