Shoalwater or JH Outlaw - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Boating Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2019, 10:02 AM   #11
barronj
SHUFL

barronj has been promoted to Piratebarronj has been promoted to Piratebarronj has been promoted to Piratebarronj has been promoted to Piratebarronj has been promoted to Piratebarronj has been promoted to Piratebarronj has been promoted to Piratebarronj has been promoted to Piratebarronj has been promoted to Piratebarronj has been promoted to Piratebarronj has been promoted to Pirate
Not my thread to derail but for those JH fans here, how does the 230X Outlaw compare to the 24 El Pescador?

This thread has me shopping for a new boat!
barronj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2019, 10:00 AM   #12
FISHIN COUG
Registered Users-pm+

FISHIN COUG has been promoted to PirateFISHIN COUG has been promoted to PirateFISHIN COUG has been promoted to PirateFISHIN COUG has been promoted to PirateFISHIN COUG has been promoted to PirateFISHIN COUG has been promoted to PirateFISHIN COUG has been promoted to PirateFISHIN COUG has been promoted to PirateFISHIN COUG has been promoted to PirateFISHIN COUG has been promoted to PirateFISHIN COUG has been promoted to Pirate
Don't know if SW has changed up the newer models but I really like & have enjoyed owning my 23' SWC. Fishing in chop it does get bumpy...not gonna argue, & I have the old style plastic hatches and they do look hideous but the boat does everything else and some that I need it to do. It rides extremely shallow, it is very roomy, & I absolutely love the self bailing hull. I have taken some waves over the bow and out the back it goes. If you get the deck bloody, slimy, or dirty...simply grab a five gallon bucket and out the back it goes very easily. There may be some pics floating around of a 23SWC sunk after a wade but I have not seen any. Before I got my iPilot and just navigated the boat with me on wades, I got the **** scared out of me coming back after a long walk and noticed the water was splashing over the back. Opened the hatches, no water in them (auto bilges), & the water splashing over since I was PP down was just going out the back of the hull. The wiring did blow from the place that I bought it from and Yellow Skeeter did a fantastic job on re wiring it. Everyone is biased, has there preference, but I haven't regretted my purchase & going on 5 yrs with my 23' SWC with 250 SHO. Only reason I would sell is to go bigger but other than that, I'm happy with my purchase. Knock on wood...I haven't had to deal with the peeps at Shoalwater for anything so I can't comment on their service. The boat floats, the engine runs, & both have yet left me in a bind. My recommendation is to get one bare with the motor and have Yellow Skeeter dress it out for you. Good Luck and if you are in the Galveston area and want to take a ride...shoot me a PM.
FISHIN COUG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2019, 02:49 PM   #13
ShoalTower
Registered Users-pm+

ShoalTower has been promoted to PirateShoalTower has been promoted to PirateShoalTower has been promoted to PirateShoalTower has been promoted to PirateShoalTower has been promoted to PirateShoalTower has been promoted to PirateShoalTower has been promoted to PirateShoalTower has been promoted to PirateShoalTower has been promoted to PirateShoalTower has been promoted to PirateShoalTower has been promoted to Pirate
Shoalwater or JH Outlaw

Iv been all about Shoalwater’s since that’s what I have been on the most they are amazing boats. But after going to the boat show yesterday and seeing the Jh in person for the first time they look really nice. I personally think Shoalwater’s need a raised console to look right but the jh with reg console just looks so good. I was looking at the 185x they had with the g2 and I was really impressed. I currently have a 20ft haynie flats and my absolute biggest complaint is no storage! The jh 185 had plenty for wade gear. Their pricing seems more reasonable as well. Not sure why I don’t see more of these boats in Galveston west bay but I am curious how they ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ShoalTower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2019, 06:32 PM   #14
fido98
Registered Users-pm+

fido98 has been promoted to Piratefido98 has been promoted to Piratefido98 has been promoted to Piratefido98 has been promoted to Piratefido98 has been promoted to Piratefido98 has been promoted to Piratefido98 has been promoted to Piratefido98 has been promoted to Piratefido98 has been promoted to Piratefido98 has been promoted to Piratefido98 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by barronj View Post
Not my thread to derail but for those JH fans here, how does the 230X Outlaw compare to the 24 El Pescador?

This thread has me shopping for a new boat!
The El Pescador is faster and a little bit better in the chop. It’s also a pretty big step up in price. In that price range I’d rather have a Saber Cat or Catalyst

FISHIN COUG, I don’t think anyone here is trying to bash the Shoalwater at all. I almost bought one without even testing other boats. The Outlaw is effictively the same price and just feel like it does a few things better. Both are great boats
fido98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2019, 09:52 AM   #15
Hule1121
Registered Users-pm+

Hule1121 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
With my latest boat, after a lot of research, I went with the JH 230 Outlaw with the 250 G2. This boat really is amazing. My previous shallow water boat was slow and would not turn like I wanted. With the hull design combined with the G2 power steering, this boat drives like a car. I don't have a raised console, and with 2 people and full tank of gas I get 57 mph.

Handles chop very well, keeps me dry, and my favorite thing about it is the layout. Very big casting deck in the front and the rear, also has more storage than you think.

Dealing with Sport Marine was a great experience. I highly recommend Sport Marine and the Outlaw. But if you really want to make a decision, call up Sport Marine and ask for Capt. Brewer's number in Freeport, he will take you on a great test ride. That is only way to know if the boat is right for you. Also, Capt. Brett Sweeny guides out of a 230 Outlaw in Matagorda. He'll show you what the boat can do and put you on some great fish.
Hule1121 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2019, 10:49 AM   #16
Trouthunter
An Over 60 Victim Of Fate

Trouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to Pirate
For me it's the quality control. Just compare the hulls and this becomes obvious.

Sorry for the late reply to Baronj's reply.

TH
Old 01-15-2019, 12:00 PM   #17
Aggieross05
Registered Users-pm+

Aggieross05 has been promoted to PirateAggieross05 has been promoted to PirateAggieross05 has been promoted to PirateAggieross05 has been promoted to PirateAggieross05 has been promoted to PirateAggieross05 has been promoted to PirateAggieross05 has been promoted to PirateAggieross05 has been promoted to PirateAggieross05 has been promoted to PirateAggieross05 has been promoted to PirateAggieross05 has been promoted to Pirate
another vote for JH...I have the 230 and it is just a well built boat. The wiring and setup is incredible.

Service after the purchase could not be better with Sport Marine.
Aggieross05 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message