Tree ID Help Please - Page 5 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > TTMB > TTMB
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-11-2019, 04:48 PM   #41
Whitebassfisher
Retired opinionated old fart

Whitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to Pirate
Just to throw another wrench in this thread, the attached shows 3 leaves just pulled from the same tree. Size and edges vary considerably.
Attached Images

Whitebassfisher is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2019, 06:10 PM   #42
Bonestock
I void warranties

Bonestock has been promoted to PirateBonestock has been promoted to PirateBonestock has been promoted to PirateBonestock has been promoted to PirateBonestock has been promoted to PirateBonestock has been promoted to PirateBonestock has been promoted to PirateBonestock has been promoted to PirateBonestock has been promoted to PirateBonestock has been promoted to PirateBonestock has been promoted to Pirate
UPDATE: Two different experts at two different nurseries have ruled it as 100% Live Oak. It just happens to be a particularly nice variety of Live Oak, possibly a Heritage as mentioned a few posts up. Thanks to all for the help, I think I'm going to just going put in a couple of good ol' Japanese Blueberry trees.
Bonestock is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2019, 06:42 PM   #43
Whitebassfisher
Retired opinionated old fart

Whitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonestock View Post
UPDATE: Two different experts at two different nurseries have ruled it as 100% Live Oak. It just happens to be a particularly nice variety of Live Oak, possibly a Heritage as mentioned a few posts up. Thanks to all for the help, I think I'm going to just going put in a couple of good ol' Japanese Blueberry trees.

Well, it was a good thread. I admit that I have wondered much of what was talked about here. "Live oaks" seem to vary so much in many important ways (leaves, bark, how the branches grow) that it seems there must be different sub-species or varieties.
Whitebassfisher is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2019, 07:17 PM   #44
Pattillo
somewhere over the 100 fathom curve....

Pattillo has been promoted to PiratePattillo has been promoted to PiratePattillo has been promoted to PiratePattillo has been promoted to PiratePattillo has been promoted to PiratePattillo has been promoted to PiratePattillo has been promoted to PiratePattillo has been promoted to PiratePattillo has been promoted to PiratePattillo has been promoted to PiratePattillo has been promoted to Pirate
Dear God. This is the reason witness testimony in criminal cases is highly suspect at best. Lots of confident, wrong answers. Its in the live oak family, exactly which I don't know.

And yes, production builders and landscapers of roadsides don't give a flying flip about whats reasonable on spacing trees or variety. Plug 2 in and move on.

Magnolia? You ever see a 2.5" magnolia leaf?
Pattillo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2019, 01:59 PM   #45
Rubberback
Raiser of BOB White Quail

Rubberback has been promoted to PirateRubberback has been promoted to PirateRubberback has been promoted to PirateRubberback has been promoted to PirateRubberback has been promoted to PirateRubberback has been promoted to PirateRubberback has been promoted to PirateRubberback has been promoted to PirateRubberback has been promoted to PirateRubberback has been promoted to PirateRubberback has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonestock View Post
I was right with my first choice.
Rubberback is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message