Is the Bear coming? - Page 3 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Investments and finance
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2018, 02:07 PM   #21
bigfishtx
Registered Users-pm+

bigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Pirate
With the market so high, any kind of sell-off triggers more sales electronically, which exaggerates things.
MANY big blue chips are already down 10-20% and most all of the big gains have been on techs and stuff like Amazon/Bitcoin, which is all betting on blue sky right now.
As long as companies are showing good profits, and there are not major layoffs then this is nothing but a correction.

IS anyone buying Sears?
bigfishtx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2018, 04:17 PM   #22
fishinguy
Registered Users-pm+

fishinguy has been promoted to Piratefishinguy has been promoted to Piratefishinguy has been promoted to Piratefishinguy has been promoted to Piratefishinguy has been promoted to Piratefishinguy has been promoted to Piratefishinguy has been promoted to Piratefishinguy has been promoted to Piratefishinguy has been promoted to Piratefishinguy has been promoted to Piratefishinguy has been promoted to Pirate
We have been riding way too high for way too long. I have been pulling back to cash for the past 6 months as targets are met and I am unable to find new investments that make sense. Looking at the amount of cash waiting for reinvestment I would think I am not the only one. My total portfolio is about 35% cash at the moment. As soon as a realistic buying opportunity is presented I plan to move cash back into the market.

I will probably be moving heavy back into the stocks that I cashed out on ATT and MAA both will be ripe for buying as soon as the dust settles in a week.

Not buying Sears. That is a dead duck.
fishinguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2018, 04:24 PM   #23
bigfishtx
Registered Users-pm+

bigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Pirate
Most of my blue chip dividend stocks are so beat up right now I cannot pull out. But I do enjoy those checks. As long as the companies make money they will keep paying.
bigfishtx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2018, 06:09 PM   #24
Huntman3
Registered Users-pm+

Huntman3 has been promoted to PirateHuntman3 has been promoted to PirateHuntman3 has been promoted to PirateHuntman3 has been promoted to PirateHuntman3 has been promoted to PirateHuntman3 has been promoted to PirateHuntman3 has been promoted to PirateHuntman3 has been promoted to PirateHuntman3 has been promoted to PirateHuntman3 has been promoted to PirateHuntman3 has been promoted to Pirate
Looks like the Bear is knocking at the door
Huntman3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2018, 07:12 PM   #25
Its Catchy
Registered Users-pm+

Its Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to Pirate
I took profits and moved to a much more conservative position about a month ago. Seems like headwinds are building and even the biggest bull markets fail eventually...
Its Catchy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-25-2018, 07:39 PM   #26
Huntman3
Registered Users-pm+

Huntman3 has been promoted to PirateHuntman3 has been promoted to PirateHuntman3 has been promoted to PirateHuntman3 has been promoted to PirateHuntman3 has been promoted to PirateHuntman3 has been promoted to PirateHuntman3 has been promoted to PirateHuntman3 has been promoted to PirateHuntman3 has been promoted to PirateHuntman3 has been promoted to PirateHuntman3 has been promoted to Pirate
Well I was a few months off but it was pretty clear the Bear was coming - I am an old guy and in the investment business. Have seen this scenario over and over and over. Not only in investments but in real estate. What goes up will come down and it was clearly time for a huge correction.

As hard as it is to do there is an old saying on investments - Buy when there is blood in the streets. I do not know where the bottom is but if you are in for the long term then there will be buying opportunities I think -
Huntman3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-25-2018, 09:23 PM   #27
Hunter.S.Tomson
Registered Users-pm+

Hunter.S.Tomson has been promoted to PirateHunter.S.Tomson has been promoted to PirateHunter.S.Tomson has been promoted to PirateHunter.S.Tomson has been promoted to PirateHunter.S.Tomson has been promoted to PirateHunter.S.Tomson has been promoted to PirateHunter.S.Tomson has been promoted to PirateHunter.S.Tomson has been promoted to PirateHunter.S.Tomson has been promoted to PirateHunter.S.Tomson has been promoted to PirateHunter.S.Tomson has been promoted to Pirate
You only lose if you cashout. Looks like I'm in for the long haul
Hunter.S.Tomson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2018, 05:13 PM   #28
Haute Pursuit
Give it hell Remy!

Haute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to Pirate
Nice rally today. Back up almost 5%.
Haute Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2018, 05:15 PM   #29
TrophyFish'n
Registered Users-pm+

TrophyFish'n has been promoted to the rank of RiggerTrophyFish'n has been promoted to the rank of RiggerTrophyFish'n has been promoted to the rank of RiggerTrophyFish'n has been promoted to the rank of RiggerTrophyFish'n has been promoted to the rank of RiggerTrophyFish'n has been promoted to the rank of RiggerTrophyFish'n has been promoted to the rank of RiggerTrophyFish'n has been promoted to the rank of RiggerTrophyFish'n has been promoted to the rank of RiggerTrophyFish'n has been promoted to the rank of RiggerTrophyFish'n has been promoted to the rank of Rigger
Biggest point gain in history...hmm. Not looking good. All largest point and % gains are made in bear markets. Look at the facts.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...strial_Average
TrophyFish'n is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2019, 04:48 PM   #30
Its Catchy
Registered Users-pm+

Its Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to Pirate
Up 1000 one day, down 660 today...

lots of volatility
Its Catchy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message