Quitting x10 - Page 9 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Tobacco Quitters Support Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2013, 04:43 PM   #81
RB II
Native Texan

RB II has been promoted to PirateRB II has been promoted to PirateRB II has been promoted to PirateRB II has been promoted to PirateRB II has been promoted to PirateRB II has been promoted to PirateRB II has been promoted to PirateRB II has been promoted to PirateRB II has been promoted to PirateRB II has been promoted to PirateRB II has been promoted to Pirate
Still clean from snuff. ABSOLUTELY amazing. I am gaining and losing weight like a yoyo however. Can't seem to get to a norm on the weight loss deal. I don't drink any more beer ...............but then I don't drink any less, so that definitely doesn't help.

To anyone who will listen. Make up your mind to quit, get a script of Chantix and stay with it. You can quit.
RB II is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2014, 04:25 PM   #82
RB II
Native Texan

RB II has been promoted to PirateRB II has been promoted to PirateRB II has been promoted to PirateRB II has been promoted to PirateRB II has been promoted to PirateRB II has been promoted to PirateRB II has been promoted to PirateRB II has been promoted to PirateRB II has been promoted to PirateRB II has been promoted to PirateRB II has been promoted to Pirate
2 years today

2 years ago today I quit Copenhagen after almost 35 years. I still can't believe it. I have gained some weight that I am still trying to fight off, but all in all, in good health and have NO cravings whatsoever for tobacco. If I can do it, anybody can.
Old 01-26-2014, 11:56 PM   #83
AirbornXpress
Captn Luchak

AirbornXpress has been promoted to PirateAirbornXpress has been promoted to PirateAirbornXpress has been promoted to PirateAirbornXpress has been promoted to PirateAirbornXpress has been promoted to PirateAirbornXpress has been promoted to PirateAirbornXpress has been promoted to PirateAirbornXpress has been promoted to PirateAirbornXpress has been promoted to PirateAirbornXpress has been promoted to PirateAirbornXpress has been promoted to Pirate
Wink Some day fo me

Good job Bro
AirbornXpress is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2014, 12:34 PM   #84
RB II
Native Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbornxpress View Post
Good job Bro
You can do it. For me it took feeling like I was a slave to it. When I finally felt that way I HATED IT and was ashamed that I was getting whipped by something. Always before I just enjoyed the dip, but once I got mad about it, that helped me to be able to take that first step toward quitting. Good luck to you.
Old 02-12-2016, 11:49 AM   #85
Mrschasintail
Registered Users-pm+

Mrschasintail has been promoted to PirateMrschasintail has been promoted to PirateMrschasintail has been promoted to PirateMrschasintail has been promoted to PirateMrschasintail has been promoted to PirateMrschasintail has been promoted to PirateMrschasintail has been promoted to PirateMrschasintail has been promoted to PirateMrschasintail has been promoted to PirateMrschasintail has been promoted to PirateMrschasintail has been promoted to Pirate
Great read! Thanks!!!
Mrschasintail is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2016, 09:36 PM   #86
RB II
Native Texan

Well January 16th was 5 years ago that I quit snuff. Still haven't had the first pinch. Simply amazing. I could not have imagined that I would have actually quit.
Old 12-18-2017, 10:32 PM   #87
RB II
Native Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB II View Post
For me it took feeling like I was a slave to it. When I finally felt that way I HATED IT and was ashamed that I was getting whipped by something. Always before I just enjoyed the dip, but once I got mad about it, that helped me to be able to take that first step toward quitting. Good luck to you.
So almost 6 years now, not a pinch of snuff, and as has been stated before with very little to no cravings after the first 2-3 months. There are many weeks and longer that go by that i don't think about it at all. I STILL cant believe it, but it is true. Over the years, I think the statement above about feeling that snuff was defeating me is the overriding "reason" that helped me make up my mind to quit. It is so odd that most of us guys would fight at the drop of a hat, but we can't get together the determination to fight against something that can/will kill us. It took me 30+ years to figure out what worked for me. Hopefully some of the words found here will help someone else to quit. As before, it is certainly a fight work fighting and it can be won. Good luck to all and Merry Christmas.

P.S. I now have two grand babies and have lost about 35 lbs. Life is very good now on many fronts, not the least of which is the fact that I am no longer a slave to Copenhagen.

Last edited by RB II; 12-18-2017 at 10:43 PM.
Old 12-31-2018, 12:24 PM   #88
RB II
Native Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB II View Post
So almost 6 years now, not a pinch of snuff, and as has been stated before with very little to no cravings after the first 2-3 months. There are many weeks and longer that go by that i don't think about it at all. I STILL cant believe it, but it is true. Over the years, I think the statement above about feeling that snuff was defeating me is the overriding "reason" that helped me make up my mind to quit. It is so odd that most of us guys would fight at the drop of a hat, but we can't get together the determination to fight against something that can/will kill us. It took me 30+ years to figure out what worked for me. Hopefully some of the words found here will help someone else to quit. As before, it is certainly a fight work fighting and it can be won. Good luck to all and Merry Christmas.

P.S. I now have two grand babies and have lost about 35 lbs. Life is very good now on many fronts, not the least of which is the fact that I am no longer a slave to Copenhagen.
Jan 16 will be 7 years. Words cant describe how grateful I am to have been able to quit.
My life is as full as it can be, retired for the third time this past January, grandbabies growing like weeds and i get to spend lots of time with them and my kids/golf/hunt/fish. All of which I may not have been able to enjoy if snuff had caused cancer.

It has been said a thousand times, but when you truly make up your mind that snuff has beaten you up for the last time, you can quit. I can only speak for myself, but I tried to quit many many times, none of those worked until I made up my mind.