Metal Detecting Places - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Hobbies Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2019, 01:02 PM   #11
Fishin' Soldier
Can't be what you ain't.
 
Fishin' Soldier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 25 2007
Location: Liberty, TX
Age: 34
Posts: 8,436
Rep Power: 21487560
Fishin' Soldier has been promoted to PirateFishin' Soldier has been promoted to PirateFishin' Soldier has been promoted to PirateFishin' Soldier has been promoted to PirateFishin' Soldier has been promoted to PirateFishin' Soldier has been promoted to PirateFishin' Soldier has been promoted to PirateFishin' Soldier has been promoted to PirateFishin' Soldier has been promoted to PirateFishin' Soldier has been promoted to PirateFishin' Soldier has been promoted to Pirate
Go to the beach where are the parties happen at. With a hundreds of drunk people on the beach at one time small things are bound to get lost. May get lucky and find something worth the time.
Fishin' Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-02-2019, 05:51 AM   #12
Leonadr1333
your bro
 
Join Date: Apr 02 2019
Location: USA
Posts: 2
Rep Power: 0
Leonadr1333 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
I do not understand old coins or just very rusty? I personally only bottle caps and find, since I found a chain.
But in general, rest with metal detector is a very relaxing hobby
Leonadr1333 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2019, 11:06 AM   #13
impulse
'81 Aggie
 
Join Date: Mar 17 2010
Location: Sea Isle in Galveston, TX
Age: 62
Posts: 889
Rep Power: 7519878
impulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishin' Soldier View Post
Go to the beach where are the parties happen at. With a hundreds of drunk people on the beach at one time small things are bound to get lost. May get lucky and find something worth the time.
Just make sure it's not a State Park or National Seashore, or... or...

(i) Metal detector. It is an offense for any person to operate or use a metal detector, except as authorized by permit.

According to Texas Parks and Wildlife, it is an offense for a person to operate a metal detector in a Texas state park unless he is authorized by permit. This also applies to national forests and federal lands, according to Broken Detector.

Sources:

https://tpwd.texas.gov/state-parks/parks/park-rules

https://legalbeagle.com/6948318-laws...ing-texas.html

Hate to spoil anyone's plans, but getting hit with a big fine for something that seems innocent is no fun at all. I'd rather change my plans than have my entire outing ruined by the long arm of the law.

Last edited by impulse; 04-02-2019 at 11:18 AM.
impulse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2019, 01:23 AM   #14
Nelson
Registered Users-pm+
 
Nelson's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 14 2019
Location: Austria
Posts: 1
Rep Power: 0
Nelson is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
I got a finder when I was around 8 or 9. Took it out in the back yard the following day and began burrowing for that treasure.


Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2019, 10:37 PM   #15
Mr. Saltwater
Registered Users-pm+
 
Mr. Saltwater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 04 2012
Posts: 2,641
Rep Power: 21480019
Mr. Saltwater has been promoted to PirateMr. Saltwater has been promoted to PirateMr. Saltwater has been promoted to PirateMr. Saltwater has been promoted to PirateMr. Saltwater has been promoted to PirateMr. Saltwater has been promoted to PirateMr. Saltwater has been promoted to PirateMr. Saltwater has been promoted to PirateMr. Saltwater has been promoted to PirateMr. Saltwater has been promoted to PirateMr. Saltwater has been promoted to Pirate
Join a metal detecting club in your area!!!!

I got my first detector about 20 years ago and joined a club shortly after that to learn all I could about the hobby. The group trips to properties we obtain permission to hunt on and planted hunts are a lot of fun and often profitable, but the greatest treasure I have found is the friendships I have made through the club.

https://www.facebook.com/tomballmdclub/

http://www.fmdac.org/

Last edited by Mr. Saltwater; 05-23-2019 at 10:46 PM.
Mr. Saltwater is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2019, 01:21 PM   #16
redduck
Registered Users-pm+
 
Join Date: Jul 26 2006
Age: 75
Posts: 4,610
Rep Power: 21484251
redduck has been promoted to Pirateredduck has been promoted to Pirateredduck has been promoted to Pirateredduck has been promoted to Pirateredduck has been promoted to Pirateredduck has been promoted to Pirateredduck has been promoted to Pirateredduck has been promoted to Pirateredduck has been promoted to Pirateredduck has been promoted to Pirateredduck has been promoted to Pirate
Is the $49 dollar one at Harbor Freight any good. I have lost a few items on 20 acres and would like to find but not worth much except to me.
redduck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2019, 02:44 PM   #17
Bayoutalker
Registered Users-pm+
 
Bayoutalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 30 2012
Location: Beaumont, TX
Posts: 1,635
Rep Power: 14780691
Bayoutalker has been promoted to PirateBayoutalker has been promoted to PirateBayoutalker has been promoted to PirateBayoutalker has been promoted to PirateBayoutalker has been promoted to PirateBayoutalker has been promoted to PirateBayoutalker has been promoted to PirateBayoutalker has been promoted to PirateBayoutalker has been promoted to PirateBayoutalker has been promoted to PirateBayoutalker has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by redduck View Post
Is the $49 dollar one at Harbor Freight any good. I have lost a few items on 20 acres and would like to find but not worth much except to me.
"You get what you pay for". If you were looking for something lost in a 10' X 10' area and maybe never use it again it might be worth a try but if you are trying to cover a large area or use it from time to time you would be better off spending a bit more. Look on some of the metal detecting forums like Friendly Metal Detecting in the classifieds for a deal on a good used unit. It will pay off in the long run.

Cliff
Bayoutalker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2019, 02:18 AM   #18
Desert Trout
Registered Users-pm+
 
Join Date: Jul 19 2019
Posts: 9
Rep Power: 0
Desert Trout is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by impulse View Post
Just make sure it's not a State Park or National Seashore, or... or...

(i) Metal detector. It is an offense for any person to operate or use a metal detector, except as authorized by permit.

According to Texas Parks and Wildlife, it is an offense for a person to operate a metal detector in a Texas state park unless he is authorized by permit. This also applies to national forests and federal lands, according to Broken Detector.

Sources:

https://tpwd.texas.gov/state-parks/parks/park-rules

https://legalbeagle.com/6948318-laws...ing-texas.html

Hate to spoil anyone's plans, but getting hit with a big fine for something that seems innocent is no fun at all. I'd rather change my plans than have my entire outing ruined by the long arm of the law.
That's not true on National Forests and federal lands. If it were, 99% of the metal detectors owned in Nevada, AZ and most of the west would be up for sale.

Any land administered by the BLM, commonly referred to as federal land, is open to recreational mineral detection unless it is otherwise designated. National forests are acceptable as well but you'll mostly not be able to do so in campgrounds or ecologically sensitive areas. You'll be able to read the regs online for any particular national forest for their specific set-asides.

I run a Garrett ATX that I'm parting with and I have a few gold mining claims on BLM land, within two different national forests, and on patented land as well. I have a friend who's paying for her divorce with the gold nuggets she's found running her machines on BLM land.
Desert Trout is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2019, 11:24 AM   #19
impulse
'81 Aggie
 
Join Date: Mar 17 2010
Location: Sea Isle in Galveston, TX
Age: 62
Posts: 889
Rep Power: 7519878
impulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Trout View Post
That's not true on National Forests and federal lands. If it were, 99% of the metal detectors owned in Nevada, AZ and most of the west would be up for sale.

Any land administered by the BLM, commonly referred to as federal land, is open to recreational mineral detection unless it is otherwise designated. National forests are acceptable as well but you'll mostly not be able to do so in campgrounds or ecologically sensitive areas. You'll be able to read the regs online for any particular national forest for their specific set-asides.

I run a Garrett ATX that I'm parting with and I have a few gold mining claims on BLM land, within two different national forests, and on patented land as well. I have a friend who's paying for her divorce with the gold nuggets she's found running her machines on BLM land.
Great information. Thanks for some clarification. I'm sure you know more about the rules than I do since I'm just a casual hobbyist.

You also made my point better than I did... Just like hunting and fishing, you need to research the rules before you start in. The rule about requiring special permit in state parks seems pretty black and white. What I don't know is how much of the Texas beaches are considered "state parks".

I recall some threads from many years ago when a few guys were in for a rude awakening when they were heavily fined for bow hunting gar on Lake Houston. Bow hunting gar was legal, but they did it on Lake Houston, which apparently has status as a state (or city?) park. I lived on Lake Houston and wasn't aware of that special status.

I've got this vision of someone accidentally walking across some invisible border on the beach somewhere, and going from being a law abiding metal detector to being a heavily fined outlaw.
impulse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2CoolFishing forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Metal Detecting? ChuChu TTMB 18 05-21-2014 05:42 PM
Metal Home Prices, & Shop Lighting Question bullrat_38 TTMB 22 05-21-2014 06:43 AM
Coolest item found beachcombing PINS or anybeach liquidatetexas.com TTMB 146 01-03-2013 06:48 PM
metal for barn roof sotol buster TTMB 3 11-09-2008 09:21 PM
Anyone need large Metal Buildings? marlin1989 TTMB 1 10-17-2005 08:16 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Resources saved on this page: MySQL 15.00%
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2019
© 2013 Noreast Media, LLC | Terms of Service | Contact Us | Advertise