2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Best wood pellets

5K views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  Crack Oar 
#1 ·
just picked up a Traeger Texas 34 Elite from Academy for a smokin deal. Just curious what yalls choice is for wood pellets?

#8 ·
I’ve tried b&b, traeger, green mountain, lumberjack, and some off brand from academy. By far, hands down the best is lumberjack. Dicks carries them, but a store up north called rural king has them online for 8.88. That’s their everyday price. If you call dicks to order, they will price match and free ups shipping over $50. I usually order 8-10 bags at a time. Mesquite blend, 100% hickory, and 100% pecan is what I love

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#12 ·
I used the mesquite and hickory Traeger brand bags that came with the cooker, was happy with them. I've since been purchasing the B&B from Academy, have tried the pecan, post oak and the Championship Blend (Three blends); all are good, but my favorite are the pecan and post oak. Great aroma and compliments the meat well, great taste. I will be trying the mesquite from B&B soon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.