MPG while pulling - Page 4 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Trucks/Towing/Trailering Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2019, 07:05 PM   #31
Worm Drowner
Registered Users-pm+

Worm Drowner has been promoted to PirateWorm Drowner has been promoted to PirateWorm Drowner has been promoted to PirateWorm Drowner has been promoted to PirateWorm Drowner has been promoted to PirateWorm Drowner has been promoted to PirateWorm Drowner has been promoted to PirateWorm Drowner has been promoted to PirateWorm Drowner has been promoted to PirateWorm Drowner has been promoted to PirateWorm Drowner has been promoted to Pirate
2011 6.7 F350 SRW 4x4. Delete with GDP tunes using an EZ Lynk. Towing 19' JH around 65-70 MPH. I usually average between 11.5-13.5 towing from Rosenberg to Indian Lake/Los Fresnos down in the RGV.
Worm Drowner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2019, 09:53 PM   #32
Picudo Azul
Registered Users-pm+

Picudo Azul has been promoted to PiratePicudo Azul has been promoted to PiratePicudo Azul has been promoted to PiratePicudo Azul has been promoted to PiratePicudo Azul has been promoted to PiratePicudo Azul has been promoted to PiratePicudo Azul has been promoted to PiratePicudo Azul has been promoted to PiratePicudo Azul has been promoted to PiratePicudo Azul has been promoted to PiratePicudo Azul has been promoted to Pirate
I pull a 22 Outrage with a 2009 Ram 3500 6.7 Cummins. Full delete and a straight pipe with factory muffler. Run between 70 and 75. Depending on wind I get between 14 and 15 mpg.
Picudo Azul is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-21-2019, 06:21 AM   #33
PassingThru
Registered Users-pm+

PassingThru has been promoted to PiratePassingThru has been promoted to PiratePassingThru has been promoted to PiratePassingThru has been promoted to PiratePassingThru has been promoted to PiratePassingThru has been promoted to PiratePassingThru has been promoted to PiratePassingThru has been promoted to PiratePassingThru has been promoted to PiratePassingThru has been promoted to PiratePassingThru has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wedge View Post
Ford Super Duty in 6.2 gas......Heavy loads 7.7. Boat.....JH Performance B 225.....10 Mpg.
What's a heavy load? 7.7 would be nice. I just towed my 11K lb fifth wheel from Dallas to Victoria down Hwy 77. With my 6.2L gasser averaged 6.2 MPG trying to hold 65. Way more hills than I thought. Don't know that I missed a gas station.
PassingThru is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-22-2019, 04:22 PM   #34
SSST
Registered Users-pm+

SSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassingThru View Post
What's a heavy load? 7.7 would be nice. I just towed my 11K lb fifth wheel from Dallas to Victoria down Hwy 77. With my 6.2L gasser averaged 6.2 MPG trying to hold 65. Way more hills than I thought. Don't know that I missed a gas station.
We tried to talk you into that diesel, lol. That's a lot of weight for a gasser.
SSST is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-22-2019, 06:33 PM   #35
PassingThru
Registered Users-pm+

PassingThru has been promoted to PiratePassingThru has been promoted to PiratePassingThru has been promoted to PiratePassingThru has been promoted to PiratePassingThru has been promoted to PiratePassingThru has been promoted to PiratePassingThru has been promoted to PiratePassingThru has been promoted to PiratePassingThru has been promoted to PiratePassingThru has been promoted to PiratePassingThru has been promoted to Pirate
Maybe considering a diesel now. Will cost more $'s of course.
PassingThru is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-22-2019, 10:39 PM   #36
SSST
Registered Users-pm+

SSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassingThru View Post
Maybe considering a diesel now. Will cost more $'s of course.
After pulling it one time, you'll forget about those extra $$$'s. I can see up til about 8k lbs, but after that the diesel proves it's worth.
SSST is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-23-2019, 05:13 PM   #37
pilar
El jefe

pilar has been promoted to Piratepilar has been promoted to Piratepilar has been promoted to Piratepilar has been promoted to Piratepilar has been promoted to Piratepilar has been promoted to Piratepilar has been promoted to Piratepilar has been promoted to Piratepilar has been promoted to Piratepilar has been promoted to Piratepilar has been promoted to Pirate
Torque

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSST View Post
After pulling it one time, you'll forget about those extra $$$'s. I can see up til about 8k lbs, but after that the diesel proves it's worth.
Yep lots of toque at hi way speed, pulled my 26 glacier bay with a 6.0 , 3:73
Got 6-7 mpg in a heavy wind, switching to diesel I never understood the hi way torque till reading this
I still wouldn’t switch back to diesel unless I did more 300+ miles one way
Interesting read
https://www.todaystrucking.com/torque-rules/
pilar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message