Smoked Deer Sausage. How long? - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > BBQ & Grilling Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2014, 11:33 PM   #11
tbdoppler
TB Doppler

tbdoppler has been promoted to Piratetbdoppler has been promoted to Piratetbdoppler has been promoted to Piratetbdoppler has been promoted to Piratetbdoppler has been promoted to Piratetbdoppler has been promoted to Piratetbdoppler has been promoted to Piratetbdoppler has been promoted to Piratetbdoppler has been promoted to Piratetbdoppler has been promoted to Piratetbdoppler has been promoted to Pirate
Here is a picture of 30# I made a few weeks back. First pick hanging in smokehouse, 2nd out of house after cooling with water spray, allowing to cool and bloom. 1 hour low heat to dry casing at 120 degrees, 5 hours at 150-160 degrees smoking with hickory sawdust until inter temp reach 150 degrees.
Attached Images

tbdoppler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2014, 10:09 AM   #12
cajundiesel
Krewe de Bar B Krewe

cajundiesel has been promoted to Piratecajundiesel has been promoted to Piratecajundiesel has been promoted to Piratecajundiesel has been promoted to Piratecajundiesel has been promoted to Piratecajundiesel has been promoted to Piratecajundiesel has been promoted to Piratecajundiesel has been promoted to Piratecajundiesel has been promoted to Piratecajundiesel has been promoted to Piratecajundiesel has been promoted to Pirate
It has to be really cool outside. I hang mine to let them dry a little then i use a weed burner to bring the temp in the house up to 190-200 degrees. i do not point the flame at the sausage i just wave it at the bottom of the house. I then have a metal bucket that has some coals going that i put in the house and throw a piece of pecan on and smoke for 4-5 hrs. i leave them in the house over night to cool down then package the next day
Attached Images

cajundiesel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2014, 05:46 PM
dirtdobber
This message has been deleted by dirtdobber.
Old 12-10-2014, 05:54 PM   #13
dirtdobber
Registered Users-pm+

dirtdobber has been promoted to Piratedirtdobber has been promoted to Piratedirtdobber has been promoted to Piratedirtdobber has been promoted to Piratedirtdobber has been promoted to Piratedirtdobber has been promoted to Piratedirtdobber has been promoted to Piratedirtdobber has been promoted to Piratedirtdobber has been promoted to Piratedirtdobber has been promoted to Piratedirtdobber has been promoted to Pirate
I heat mine from 120 -140 for 4 hours
dirtdobber is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2014, 09:33 PM   #14
bowmansdad
Registered Users-pm+

bowmansdad has been promoted to Piratebowmansdad has been promoted to Piratebowmansdad has been promoted to Piratebowmansdad has been promoted to Piratebowmansdad has been promoted to Piratebowmansdad has been promoted to Piratebowmansdad has been promoted to Piratebowmansdad has been promoted to Piratebowmansdad has been promoted to Piratebowmansdad has been promoted to Piratebowmansdad has been promoted to Pirate
We normally make 300-450 lbs. of links at a time. We hang them and dry with a box fan till they get dry. We then start a couple of wash tubs with oak and let that burn down to coals. We slide them into the smoke house with pecan from here on out, cover the tubs with tin and let it smoke. Keep low heat for 6 to 8 hours and wait for the sausage to get that mahogany color, put another pecan log in and leave it till morning. Been doing it the same way for 50+ years and it's always great!
bowmansdad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2014, 11:55 AM   #15
spur
Locomoose and Ditz

spur has been promoted to Piratespur has been promoted to Piratespur has been promoted to Piratespur has been promoted to Piratespur has been promoted to Piratespur has been promoted to Piratespur has been promoted to Piratespur has been promoted to Piratespur has been promoted to Piratespur has been promoted to Piratespur has been promoted to Pirate
Just finished smoking some sausage

Before and after
Attached Images

spur is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message