2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Feeder Motor

2K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Cavjock22 
#1 ·
Looking to replace an old Game Winner feeder motor on a barrel feeder (@ $40 at Academy). I saw the Moultrie Pro Magnum that is about $80 which looks pretty solid. Any recommendations? Would like the stay under $100.
Thanks!

#8 ·
Personally, we've had great luck with the 6v Game Winners we've tried so far. Only modification I made was to add a better spin plate. And this was when they were $35 each. Better performance than some units I paid quite a bit more for. We keep a couple of new ones in the box at camp for back-ups should the need ever arise.

#9 ·
Feeder Timers

Just repair or upgrade your Game Winner. Motors last forever and are cheap. You can get a digital timer for about $30. Spin plates are cheap. Batteries, 6v or 12v, are cheap. I use a 6v with a 12v solar panel. I have some that work fine and are 10+ years old. The downside is plastic body feeder timers and even metal bodied timers don't stand up to a cow/bull attack!

#11 ·
I've had real good luck with All Seasons. https://www.allseasonsfeeders.com/pages/broadcast-feeder-parts-and-accessories

They have different options that will fit your price range. For a little more money the one with the Eliminator plate worked great for me but you can see there are several options there. Their galvanized housings lasted alot better for me than the painted or powder coated ones, whatever it is they use on the black feeder housings. I had several different brands that I had issues with rust in a few years.

#12 ·
I've had real good luck with All Seasons. https://www.allseasonsfeeders.com/pages/broadcast-feeder-parts-and-accessories

They have differentd options that will fit your price range. For a little more money the one with the Eliminator plate worked great for me but you can see there are several options there. Their galvanized housings lasted alot better for me than the painted or powder coated ones, whatever it is they use on the black feeder housings. I had several different brands that I had issues with rust in a few years.
All seasons is the only way to go... I have three of there setups on custom built barrels now going on 16+ years. same motors/solar panels/and timers. I do take them down every season for a few months and clean/store them but they still operate like new.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.