|Home | Contact Us | Advertise | Follow:|
||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
|06-03-2020, 12:46 PM||#1|
Cast & Blaster
Join Date: Jan 30 2007
Posts: 3,323Rep Power: 21483072
July 11 - West Bay Slam Tournament & Fundraiser
12th Annual Slam Tournament & Fundraiser
Benefiting Fisher House Foundation for Military Families
Underwritten by CastAway Rods
Teams up to 4 anglers and any number of kids can fish together. Heaviest 5 fish stringer will win. Entries are allowed up until the event starts.
Facebook Event Page
If you have any questions please call us at 713-FiveNine4-Four25Two
Rules & Regulations
1. All Federal and State rules and regulations will apply. Violation(s) will result in disqualification.
2. $80 per Adult Angler and/or $10 per Youth Angler
3. This is a team tournament. A maximum number of 4 adults can fish together per boat. Any number of youths can fish along with the adults.
4. Guides are allowed
5. Wade fishing is permitted; must be within sight of other anglers fishing with you (200 yards max)
6. Fishing hours will begin at 6:28 AM (Sunrise) on July 11, 2020. Contestants must be in weigh-in line by 4:00 p.m. Weigh-in will begin at 2:30 p.m.
7. You may launch anywhere! Anglers are not allowed to leave the dock / ramp or no wake zone until 30 minutes prior to sunrise (safe light / 5:58 AM). You can stage and/or be on the water before 5:58 AM, you just cannot leave the no wake zone until that time.
8. Adult Division – Heavy Stringer (5 fish bag) – Each team is only allowed to bring in 1 trout over 25” and no more than 2 slot reds. Any other combination of trout under 25” or Flounder is permitted to achieve the 5 fish bag limit. Thus, you do not have to have all three species of fish (slam) in your bag.
9. Youth Division – (12 & under) – Heavy fish (ANY SPECIES) - 1st-3rd will be awarded with a trophy only.
10. Artificial, Live or Dead Bait may be used in both divisions. All fish must be caught on a rod and reel.
11. No angler(s) is permitted to approach nearer than 50 yards to any other boat, kayak or wader, unless permission has been granted.
12. No fish may be accepted from or given to another team. Polygraph will be enforced.
13. All anglers on your boat or in your group must be entered in the Tournament.
14. Adults must register their kids prior to the start of the tournament. The adult does not have to be entered in tournament if they are only entering their child into the kid’s division.
15. Boat, Wade, Kayak fishing is all permitted within the stated boundaries (bay fishing).
16. Google Earth Boundary Map: http://goo.gl/maps/NmhMu
17. All adult participants will be subject to polygraph testing.
18. Anglers must be in the weigh in line no later than 4:00 p.m., unless you are standing in line or you are noticed by an official in the parking lot bringing in your fish, weigh in will close immediately at 4 PM.
19. All fish must be within the regulations of TPWD. Any undersized or oversized fish that are turned in for measuring that are not within regulations will disqualify the angler.
20. In case of a tie, the team that weighed in first shall prevail (includes Kids division)
21. All Weigh master’s rulings are FINAL
22. Live / Dead Fish Bonus – There will be no bonus or deduction to your total stringer weight for live / dead fish. We encourage all anglers to weigh in live healthy fish, so they may be released after weigh-in.
23. Kayak Anglers - You can exceed the max distance stated in Rule #5 only to take a fish back to a truck or shoreline to place it in a live well or cooler. You must immediately return to within the 200 yard range of your partner once completed.
24. Each adult angler will receive a Captain’s Bag at weigh-in also one Raffle Ticket, remember to check-in!
25. Sponsors and organizers are not responsible for any accident or injury, nor loss, damage, or theft to any property.
26. Plaques will be awarded to 1st-5th place. Cash Payout to the top 5 teams.
27. Side Pot (OPTIONAL & Adults only): Heaviest Slot Redfish - 60% / 30% / 10% cash payout (pays 3 places) - If one team member elects to do side pot, all members must be entered - no exceptions, fish from your main stringer can be used in the side pot. ($20/angler)
28. Awards Ceremony & Opportunity Drawings will run from 5:00 – 6:00 PM, July 11, 2020 at West End Restaurant & Sand Bar (Sea Isle) 21706 Burnet Dr. Galveston, TX 77554. Awards start after drawing & auction.
29. IN CASE OF BAD WEATHER, THIS EVENT WILL BE RESCHEDULED, IF FOR ANY REASON EVENT CANNOT BE HELD ALL ENTRY FEES WILL BE REFUNDED
Payout scale based on 100 entries as follows:
1st Place - $2,000.00
2nd Place - $1,400.00
3rd Place - $1,000.00
4th Place - $600.00
5th Place - $300.00
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|