2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Turbo TXP-OT4 props in stock

60K views 130 replies 47 participants last post by  Full Throttle BoatWorks 
#1 ·
We've got all pitches from 23-28 in stock now. They run great! Give us a call and you can try before buying.

http://www.turbo-props.com/products/turbo-txp-ot4_txp4

We can order and get any of the other turbo props as well but have only tested the OT4 to this point.

#5 ·
$450 + tax

It is faster than Bravo XS on the SCB's we've tested on. Incredible mid range with very low slip numbers too. We've had to pitch down - On the F22 - running a 27OT4, was running a 30xs bravo - and the ot4 is considerably faster.

The blades are thick, so I think it will hold up well too; however, I've not abused one enough yet to know for sure.

#9 ·
I'm not 100% sure yet as I've not run on an Extreme. I've had 3 calls in the last day with similar question. My guess is a 25 ot4 will work well and outrun the 26xs; however, only one way to find out for sure - we can go run them and see.

I've told everyone, if we can get together some time, somewhere on the water, we can test them all. If not, buy one from me and I'll ship you what I think is best. If we need to swap for a different pitch, I'll do that free. If it doesn't work and you don't like it, I'll take it back with 100% refund (other than shipping costs) - this all clearly assumes the prop is still in new perfect condition and was just run once in deep water.

#22 ·
We've got all pitches from 23-28 in stock now. They run great! Give us a call and you can try before buying.

http://www.turbo-props.com/products/turbo-txp-ot4_txp4

We can order and get any of the other turbo props as well but have only tested the OT4 to this point.
I'm currently running a Transport XLR8 LS with a 250 hp Yamaha V Max. I am using a 3 blade V Max prop: 15.25 X 25 P that has good all around performance, and I have also used the same prop with a 27 P which had good midrange and top end but no hole shot. It sounds like the OT4 in 23 P might be a good match for my boat.

Your thoughts and input would be greatly appreciated.

#28 ·
Thanks for all the questions and feedback!

The honest answers for all these different boat/motor combinations is I think they are going to work great but am not 100% sure as haven't tested them yet. Pitch wise if you have run a bravo, we need to go down 1-2" in pitch unless it acts different on other hulls than does on SCB (which is possible).

I currently am set up to test on Haynie HO, Tran Xlr8LS (3 diff motor set ups - yamaha, suzuki, and Merc), Majek Extreme (250 sho), and shoalwater 23 cat (300 etec) all in the next week (or next weekend at the latest). I'll post up results and comments on all of those.

Slip - I am seeing incredibly low slip numbers assuming these props really are the pitch they are labeled (I have no way to measure them, but they seem bigger than they are stamped to me). On my personal boat (SCB), a 27 pitch ran 72 mph at 4850 rpm (that is with motor all way down and not much trim so lower slip) - 5%. At full throttle it ran 90.8 beeping the rev limiter a little (6250 - 6300) - 8%. Those numbers were in this heat with normal load of fuel, troll motor, etc.

I tend to see higher slips than normal as I'm running the motor extremely high with the prop basically half out of the water. I see around 10% with the pro et and 15% with Bravo.

I found this prop looking for new options for myself and couldn't find anywhere to buy them so became a dealer. I'm making a little but not much on these, just really trying to help everyone out a little bit.

#29 ·
Had 2 guys test them today.

Tran XLR8 21LS with large console, 250 SHO - 26 pitch ot4, 2 people, 75.8mph at about 6k rpm.

Haynie 24HO, 300 Verado - 23 pitch OT4, 2 people, 68.5 at 6100rpm.

Both blew out a little on hole shot - can fix that with exhaust diverter rings (these props have the smaller hubs and 4 strokes will need the exhaust ring or will blow out a little getting up), and I ordered some rings from Merc Friday.

So far so good! Testing some more this week.

#30 ·
Ran today on a Tran 21ls with 175 Suzuki. Owner said incredible prop with great hole shot and mid range and topped his best top speed to date. That motor has big gears - ran a 27 and went about 57mph at 5700rpm.

Everyone that has tested has bought or said they are going to buy.

Shipping out a 24 tomorrow for Extreme/Pro XS and running on 21ls xlr8/250ss, Extreme/250SHO, and Shoalwater 23 cat/300 etec this week.

#34 ·
Ran today on a Tran 21ls with 175 Suzuki. Owner said incredible prop with great hole shot and mid range and topped his best top speed to date. That motor has big gears - ran a 27 and went about 57mph at 5700rpm.

Everyone that has tested has bought or said they are going to buy.

Shipping out a 24 tomorrow for Extreme/Pro XS and running on 21ls xlr8/250ss, Extreme/250SHO, and Shoalwater 23 cat/300 etec this week.
FTBW, is my #'s wrong or does that put his slip at 2%?

#36 ·
Water tested the Turbo TXP-OT4 27 pitch on my Tran XLR8 21 LS (Zuke 175) and was quite impressed, particularly with the mid range. Been running a Bravo I XS 28 pitch. Clearly the tube size on the Turbo TXP is significantly smaller, which I believe helped my hole shot. I did not have vent holes in the prop, but my Bravo did. Not sure if it is the blade design or what, but I had amazing hole shot. There was a noticeable difference with the jack plate, as I could run it at a higher level with minimal slippage. Speed was great at 56.8 mph turning 5700 Rpm's, however did not get near my Rev Limiter, therefore I will drop a pitch to a 26 and see if I can pick up a little more speed.

#41 ·
Ive been trying to figure out the best prop for my boat and was wondering if one of these is something that would help with top end. I have a kenner 2102 vision with a four stroke 175 zuke 3x21x15zuke prop. Right now its running 40-41 mph at 5600 rpms top end and thought it should do a little better than that. Do you think one of these props could help get it to a higher mph. Im not looking for anything crazy just whats the best for the boat. What do you think? Thanks

#42 ·
Ive been trying to figure out the best prop for my boat and was wondering if one of these is something that would help with top end. I have a kenner 2102 vision with a four stroke 175 zuke 3x21x15zuke prop. Right now its running 40-41 mph at 5600 rpms top end and thought it should do a little better than that. Do you think one of these props could help get it to a higher mph. Im not looking for anything crazy just whats the best for the boat. What do you think? Thanks
I don't think this prop will work for you. 23 is the smallest pitch they make and it sounds like you need to go down in pitch rather than up.

Turbo makes other props and we can get any of them, but I haven't tested any of the other models.

#43 ·
We got a late start and didn't run as many boats as planned due to weather; however, we still got some good results.

Tran 21ls/250 Yam SHO - great hole shot, great midrange, 76.7mph - 26 pitch ot4 (owner bought prop)

Tran 21ls/250ss suzuki - great hole shot, great midrange, 71.7mph - 27 pitch ot4 (owner is going to buy prop)

Majek Extreme/Yam 250 SHO - great hole shot, great midrange, 75.3 - 24 pitch ot4 (owner bought prop)

Shoalwater 23 Cat/Etec 300 - good hole shot, great midrange, 60 at 5400 rpm with 23 pitch ot4 (prop too big for that set up and 23 is smallest pitch)

SCB F22ss/Merc 300xs - best hole shot of any prop I've run, unreal midrange, 88 with 2 people today, 91 with 1 person - 27 pitch ot4 (this is my every day prop now)

As you can tell, if you can turn a 23 or bigger pitch prop with your boat/motor, this one will work great for you! The midrange grip/efficiency is almost unreal.

#45 ·
Josh,
I was running an 26 B1xs and hitting 6 Grand, I just ordered a 25 Txp ot4 with vent holes, for my extreme with Merc pro XS 250. I am wondering now?

Brad
You are definitely not going to want the vent holes with this small hub. It gets up great with no vents. We are even using an exhaust ring on the SHO but you won't need that with Merc. I think the 25 is going to be too big for you. These props run real stiff. We ran a 25 on a 20ls tran with 250xs and could only get 5300 rpm (but 73+mph). On the Extreme/SHO we started with a 27 and worked our way down yesterday 1 pitch at a time. Every time we went down it got better hole shot and a little faster with minimal rpm change. Kind of crazy. The 24 just felt great on that boat. Blasted out of the hole and ran stronger on top than all of the bigger props we tried.

If I were you I'd try and call wherever you ordered it and have them send a 24 with no ports instead (maybe even a 23). I did ship a 24 with no ports to a guy last week that has Extreme/Pro Xs but it's not running good. Hole shot is great and mid range is great but slipping really bad on top end - 6k rpm and 66mph. That doesn't make any sense as no other boat we've tested has done that. He says his boat is always that way and there is something going on with it. Not sure about that one but we'll figure it out or I'll refund his money for that prop.

#48 ·
Tran Cat

Josh,

I have a heavy 2009 Tran Cat, same style as your old one. I know you said you have not tried any of the other models, but do you think you ever will? My boats heavy and has a nice, heavy, somewhat slow yet reliable Honda 225 on the back. I have a couple of different Powertech props and one of Jack Foreman's props, but always looking for something better.

Thanks

#49 ·
Josh,

I have a heavy 2009 Tran Cat, same style as your old one. I know you said you have not tried any of the other models, but do you think you ever will? My boats heavy and has a nice, heavy, somewhat slow yet reliable Honda 225 on the back. I have a couple of different Powertech props and one of Jack Foreman's props, but always looking for something better.

Thanks
What pitch are you running now? If you can turn a 23 or bigger (I don't know Honda gear ratio), you will like it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.