What would you do with $25k - $30k short term? - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Investments and finance
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-08-2018, 09:48 PM   #11
Its Catchy
Registered Users-pm+

Its Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to Pirate
AMZN is killing it. But with it's growth over the last decade I just feel you are late to the party and there will be some flattening out of this stock. Probably still healthy profits but not as obscene as they have been.

Don't know **** about weed stocks. Too risky for me.

I like energy stocks. There are 5 new LNG plants set to go online and start exporting gas over the next year or so. BHP, AR, COG and PSX could be in a position to benefit from this and there should be upward pressure on the current prices...
Its Catchy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2018, 11:36 PM   #12
Rods&Cones
Registered Users-pm+

Rods&Cones has been promoted to PirateRods&Cones has been promoted to PirateRods&Cones has been promoted to PirateRods&Cones has been promoted to PirateRods&Cones has been promoted to PirateRods&Cones has been promoted to PirateRods&Cones has been promoted to PirateRods&Cones has been promoted to PirateRods&Cones has been promoted to PirateRods&Cones has been promoted to PirateRods&Cones has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by cman View Post
Good for you bud. 70 acres is sweet. You missed the part where we suggested to wait for the AMZN to dip back from it's all time high as it will when there is some profit taking today and tomorrow, but you'll do fine.

Cman at what price would you think it’s good to buy into AMZN?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rods&Cones is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2018, 02:41 AM   #13
cman
Registered Users-pm+

cman has been promoted to Piratecman has been promoted to Piratecman has been promoted to Piratecman has been promoted to Piratecman has been promoted to Piratecman has been promoted to Piratecman has been promoted to Piratecman has been promoted to Piratecman has been promoted to Piratecman has been promoted to Piratecman has been promoted to Pirate
R&C - I am no expert. Just a believer in Amazon. I've bought the dips over the last few years and wish I'd always bought more and diversified less.

This is typical across the sites I follow- 42 buy ratings, 5 outperform, 2 hold, and most importantly- 0 sell.
https://money.cnn.com/quote/forecast...html?symb=AMZN

I rely on expert analysis and I don't see any other stock analysis that positive long term.

I diversify. I crushed it with EXTR for that last 2 years until dumping almost all of it a few months back. NFLX has done well, ZEN, JPM, AAPL, TXN, V, FB, MU, NVDA, TAL, ADBE. - I'd buy any of those today.
I have some energy holdings that are left over from when my account was managed. 47 holdings all together but amazon is the largest percentage at 260 shares. I bought a few in the energy sector myself and did not do so well. I just don't know much about them and they seem influenced by so many uncontrolled global factors that it seems like a fickle **** shoot.

I had a sort of trust fund managed by a major firm for 18 or 19 years and they didn't beat tbills in that time so I'm going it alone and have beat the market since 2015 by 300% on 2 of my accounts and 250% on the 3rd.
AMZN has played a big role in that beat as has the simple reliance on choosing the best stocks as forecast by analysts across multiple websites.
Amazon has been the most consistently solid forecast stock I think I have found and it's always exceeded those projections.

So that's a long answer that means I don't know squat, but I'm confident buying Amazon based on expert analysis, the ever increasing trend in shopping, dominant share of web services, constant entrance into other sectors like with the purchase of Pillpack, logistics, and global expansion. Back to school numbers this year will be unbelievable. Can't wait to get them.

If I was buying AMZN in the next week I'd watch the pull back over the next few days and try to pick it up between 1800 and 1830, I'd feel great about anything under 1850. If I was really patient, there may be a dip back into the 1700's after a Trump anti-trust tweet or other market stumble. But I'd be extremely confident that any buy, even at today's high, will be a bargain within the next 45-60 days and will handily outpace the market.
cman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2018, 07:59 AM
Cat O' Lies
This message has been deleted by Cat O' Lies.
Old 08-09-2018, 09:11 AM   #14
bg
Mostest Bestest Member Ever!

bg has been promoted to Piratebg has been promoted to Piratebg has been promoted to Piratebg has been promoted to Piratebg has been promoted to Piratebg has been promoted to Piratebg has been promoted to Piratebg has been promoted to Piratebg has been promoted to Piratebg has been promoted to Piratebg has been promoted to Pirate
I've already made $9.75 with Amazon , and lost $40 with the index fund ..

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
bg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2018, 09:49 AM   #15
Cat O' Lies
Kamikaze

Cat O' Lies has been promoted to PirateCat O' Lies has been promoted to PirateCat O' Lies has been promoted to PirateCat O' Lies has been promoted to PirateCat O' Lies has been promoted to PirateCat O' Lies has been promoted to PirateCat O' Lies has been promoted to PirateCat O' Lies has been promoted to PirateCat O' Lies has been promoted to PirateCat O' Lies has been promoted to PirateCat O' Lies has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Its Catchy View Post
AMZN is killing it. But with it's growth over the last decade I just feel you are late to the party and there will be some flattening out of this stock. Probably still healthy profits but not as obscene as they have been.

Don't know **** about weed stocks. Too risky for me.

I like energy stocks. There are 5 new LNG plants set to go online and start exporting gas over the next year or so. BHP, AR, COG and PSX could be in a position to benefit from this and there should be upward pressure on the current prices...
Cannabis and Hemp are the next big things. You need to think global! The big boys are coming to invest now. Just a couple here:

Molson Coors
http://www.investors.com/news/mariju...-partnerships/

Scots Miracle Grow
http://www.fool.com/investing/2018/0...ijuana-wi.aspx

Just look at the growth over the past year
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/the...ies-2017-12-22

Hemp, Inc. DrillWall to revolutionize drilling fluids
http://hempinc.com/hemp-inc-s-market...e-orders-come/
Cat O' Lies is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2018, 09:53 AM   #16
Its Catchy
Registered Users-pm+

Its Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to Pirate
cman,

It sounds like you have done great with AMZN and with your portfolio in general. And I do not know if I am qualified to give you any advice at all. But having done as well as you have with AMZN do you think it wise to cash some of it out, call it a win and start looking for the next AMZN?

Over the years I have seen many Amazon's come and go. I had several friends who rode the Enron train and made a fortune. However, they never cashed out, kept doubling down and eventually lost it. I am not saying Amazon will end up like Enron only that meteoric stock price increases don't last forever.
Old 08-09-2018, 09:57 AM   #17
Its Catchy
Registered Users-pm+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat O' Lies View Post
Cannabis and Hemp are the next big things. You need to think global! The big boys are coming to invest now. Just a couple here:

Molson Coors
http://www.investors.com/news/mariju...-partnerships/

Scots Miracle Grow
http://www.fool.com/investing/2018/0...ijuana-wi.aspx

Just look at the growth over the past year
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/the...ies-2017-12-22

Hemp, Inc. DrillWall to revolutionize drilling fluids
http://hempinc.com/hemp-inc-s-market...e-orders-come/
Cat O' Lies

I like to stick with what I know. Or at least what I think I know. I don't know anything about marijuana and hemp companies. I'm sure there will be fortunes made in that growing (no pun intended) industry. Just not by me...
Old 08-09-2018, 10:23 AM   #18
RRfisher
Registered Users-pm+

RRfisher has been promoted to PirateRRfisher has been promoted to PirateRRfisher has been promoted to PirateRRfisher has been promoted to PirateRRfisher has been promoted to PirateRRfisher has been promoted to PirateRRfisher has been promoted to PirateRRfisher has been promoted to PirateRRfisher has been promoted to PirateRRfisher has been promoted to PirateRRfisher has been promoted to Pirate
I'm in the same position with a little more money. I'm saving to build a pool around February or March and need to park it somewhere until then. I've been looking at a couple dividend stocks like F and VOD which are near their lows. Problem is F has the trade war to contend with and VOD recently lost their CEO.

Or dump it all in CGC and when Canadian pot sales start in October and the price triples get a matching boat to go with the pool...
RRfisher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2018, 11:01 AM   #19
Cat O' Lies
Kamikaze

Cat O' Lies has been promoted to PirateCat O' Lies has been promoted to PirateCat O' Lies has been promoted to PirateCat O' Lies has been promoted to PirateCat O' Lies has been promoted to PirateCat O' Lies has been promoted to PirateCat O' Lies has been promoted to PirateCat O' Lies has been promoted to PirateCat O' Lies has been promoted to PirateCat O' Lies has been promoted to PirateCat O' Lies has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRfisher View Post
Or dump it all in CGC and when Canadian pot sales start in October and the price triples get a matching boat to go with the pool...
I'd go with VIVO CANNABIS INC COM (ABCCF). More bang for your buck.
Cat O' Lies is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2018, 11:12 AM   #20
RRfisher
Registered Users-pm+

RRfisher has been promoted to PirateRRfisher has been promoted to PirateRRfisher has been promoted to PirateRRfisher has been promoted to PirateRRfisher has been promoted to PirateRRfisher has been promoted to PirateRRfisher has been promoted to PirateRRfisher has been promoted to PirateRRfisher has been promoted to PirateRRfisher has been promoted to PirateRRfisher has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat O' Lies View Post
I'd go with VIVO CANNABIS INC COM (ABCCF). More bang for your buck.
CGC shareholders just approved a stock split so it will be more in line with their competition once it splits, guessing 3 to 1. Canopy is the big dog with a wide international footprint, solid investors (Constellation), and great management, imo nobody is even close.
RRfisher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message