Mid year investment return - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Investments and finance
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-08-2018, 10:45 PM   #11
Its Catchy
Registered Users-pm+

Its Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to Pirate
4% for me…

I am pretty conservative and if I can get it up to 8% by the end of December I will be happier than a pig in ...
Its Catchy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2018, 06:32 AM   #12
That Robbie Guy
Registered Users-pm+

That Robbie Guy has disabled reputation
Eh, i'm right at 10%. Which I am ok with.
That Robbie Guy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2018, 09:51 AM
Piley
This message has been deleted by Piley.
Old 06-10-2018, 09:59 AM   #13
Huntman3
Registered Users-pm+

Huntman3 has been promoted to PirateHuntman3 has been promoted to PirateHuntman3 has been promoted to PirateHuntman3 has been promoted to PirateHuntman3 has been promoted to PirateHuntman3 has been promoted to PirateHuntman3 has been promoted to PirateHuntman3 has been promoted to PirateHuntman3 has been promoted to PirateHuntman3 has been promoted to PirateHuntman3 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Its Catchy View Post
4% for me…

I am pretty conservative and if I can get it up to 8% by the end of December I will be happier than a pig in ...

Do not feel bad about being conservative. I am 65 and have witnessed several huge market corrections. Folks had a 40-50% drop in their invested money in 2008-2009 - making that up is difficult at best and usually a long term process - especially if you are near or in retirement. Don't forget that the market has been on a ten year bull run -

I have also witnessed the same thing happen several times in Texas real estate - when markets become irrational it is usually a tell tale sign and then there is blood in the streets.

Personally with interest rates set to rise 2-3 more times this year I think it is a matter of time before we see a major correction in the markets, both stocks and real estate. Sooner rather than later. Just my 2 cents
Huntman3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2018, 11:33 AM   #14
Tortuga
El Viejo

Tortuga has been promoted to PirateTortuga has been promoted to PirateTortuga has been promoted to PirateTortuga has been promoted to PirateTortuga has been promoted to PirateTortuga has been promoted to PirateTortuga has been promoted to PirateTortuga has been promoted to PirateTortuga has been promoted to PirateTortuga has been promoted to PirateTortuga has been promoted to Pirate
Just treading water. At this age you don't take no chances....

At least got more coming in than going out..and that's OK with me.

Last edited by Tortuga; 06-10-2018 at 11:50 AM.
Tortuga is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2018, 01:24 PM   #15
hoop121
Registered Users-pm+

hoop121 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerhoop121 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerhoop121 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerhoop121 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerhoop121 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerhoop121 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerhoop121 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerhoop121 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerhoop121 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerhoop121 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerhoop121 has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT11 View Post
One more note on the Hedge fund, those guys typically charge 2%/20%, with some as high as 2%/40%, meaning 2% of the total invested money plus 20% of the returns. My returns still aren't high enough to compete with those guys.
if you're up more than 10% then you're beating 99% of all equity funds.

many hedge funds are backing off the tradition 2/20 because very few have been able to beat their benchmarks. a lot of this has to do with the fact that we've been riding one of the greatest bull markets of all-time though.

if you can show 10% annualized returns with low vol, you'd be able to raise money pretty quickly.
hoop121 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2018, 03:46 PM   #16
GT11
Blazer Bay 2200

GT11 has been promoted to PirateGT11 has been promoted to PirateGT11 has been promoted to PirateGT11 has been promoted to PirateGT11 has been promoted to PirateGT11 has been promoted to PirateGT11 has been promoted to PirateGT11 has been promoted to PirateGT11 has been promoted to PirateGT11 has been promoted to PirateGT11 has been promoted to Pirate
Hedge funds are facing headwinds through regulation and have other issues too. You are right, they aren't doing great. I have a friend that just shut down her $7.5 billion dollar fund because returns are way down and won't get better. It is also a lot easier to invest a million dollars over say a billion.

Don't like it enough to raise a fund for a hedge fund, but about to raise another round of funding for my next private equity deal. Just sold the last one two weeks ago.
GT11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2018, 08:48 AM   #17
Meadowlark
Registered Users-PM plus

Meadowlark has been promoted to PirateMeadowlark has been promoted to PirateMeadowlark has been promoted to PirateMeadowlark has been promoted to PirateMeadowlark has been promoted to PirateMeadowlark has been promoted to PirateMeadowlark has been promoted to PirateMeadowlark has been promoted to PirateMeadowlark has been promoted to PirateMeadowlark has been promoted to PirateMeadowlark has been promoted to Pirate
Conservative professionally managed stock funds : 5% to 7%.

Capital accounts: 2%

Gold: zero return, small paper gains.

Oil: recently stopped out at $70 per as oil declined down from $72 per. Great ride up from $30 per a couple of years ago....tremendous ROI! I'm planning to buy it back again below $50. Buy low, sell high!

Land: Land prices in my area up considerably this year...but to realize a return one must sell and I have absolutely no intention of doing that. Paper returns estimated at 15%.
Meadowlark is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2018, 12:48 PM   #18
jpayne
Registered Users-pm+

jpayne has been promoted to Piratejpayne has been promoted to Piratejpayne has been promoted to Piratejpayne has been promoted to Piratejpayne has been promoted to Piratejpayne has been promoted to Piratejpayne has been promoted to Piratejpayne has been promoted to Piratejpayne has been promoted to Piratejpayne has been promoted to Piratejpayne has been promoted to Pirate
Im day trading Forex. Lost thousands but starting to get the hang of it. Last few weeks have been profitable. Hopefully by the end of the year I can have six figure return.
jpayne is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2018, 01:00 PM   #19
GT11
Blazer Bay 2200

GT11 has been promoted to PirateGT11 has been promoted to PirateGT11 has been promoted to PirateGT11 has been promoted to PirateGT11 has been promoted to PirateGT11 has been promoted to PirateGT11 has been promoted to PirateGT11 has been promoted to PirateGT11 has been promoted to PirateGT11 has been promoted to PirateGT11 has been promoted to Pirate
Even I stay away from forex! I don't trade anything that can be manipulated easily by the government. Have a friend that was doing some derivative trading on then yen vs the dollar, had a flash crash and lost $900K in minutes.
GT11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2018, 06:14 PM   #20
Whitebassfisher
Retired opinionated old fart

Whitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to Pirate
I honestly don't watch it real close any more, been a buy and hold conservative approach type the last several years. I am at + 5.21%
This is my overall average.
Whitebassfisher is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message