We knew it was coming... - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Investments and finance
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-24-2018, 09:29 AM   #1
crabtrap
Electric/Paddle Kayak Fisherman

crabtrap has been promoted to Piratecrabtrap has been promoted to Piratecrabtrap has been promoted to Piratecrabtrap has been promoted to Piratecrabtrap has been promoted to Piratecrabtrap has been promoted to Piratecrabtrap has been promoted to Piratecrabtrap has been promoted to Piratecrabtrap has been promoted to Piratecrabtrap has been promoted to Piratecrabtrap has been promoted to Pirate
We knew it was coming...

...the stock market "pullback". Now the question is "where is the bottom?"
With all the political noise(including the fed) , I was lucky enough to act on my sense and secured my gains before the fall, investing in bonds. I'll re-evaluate in Feb/Mar after the 90 day trade moratorium,govt shutdown and end of the year sell off. I hope everyone has a happy holiday
crabtrap is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2018, 10:12 AM   #2
Its Catchy
Registered Users-pm+

Its Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to Pirate
I secured gains about two months ago. Odds are this dip will be short lived but there is the possibility the shutdown lasts longer than expected. China may not come to the table or Trump could fire the Fed Chair.

It's a good time to just sit back and "watch" for while...
Its Catchy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-24-2018, 11:45 AM   #3
Spinky
Registered Users-pm+

Spinky has been promoted to PirateSpinky has been promoted to PirateSpinky has been promoted to PirateSpinky has been promoted to PirateSpinky has been promoted to PirateSpinky has been promoted to PirateSpinky has been promoted to PirateSpinky has been promoted to PirateSpinky has been promoted to PirateSpinky has been promoted to PirateSpinky has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by crabtrap View Post
...the stock market "pullback". Now the question is "where is the bottom?"
With all the political noise(including the fed) , I was lucky enough to act on my sense and secured my gains before the fall, investing in bonds. I'll re-evaluate in Feb/Mar after the 90 day trade moratorium,govt shutdown and end of the year sell off. I hope everyone has a happy holiday
Not exactly a bed of roses in the bond market, either.
At least where I'm at.
Tough to find a place to hide...
Spinky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2018, 12:07 PM   #4
richg99
richg99

Location: North Houston (FM1960/Champions area)& Tenn. in the Summers
richg99 has been promoted to Piraterichg99 has been promoted to Piraterichg99 has been promoted to Piraterichg99 has been promoted to Piraterichg99 has been promoted to Piraterichg99 has been promoted to Piraterichg99 has been promoted to Piraterichg99 has been promoted to Piraterichg99 has been promoted to Piraterichg99 has been promoted to Piraterichg99 has been promoted to Pirate
If you bought bonds to mature on a specific date, or even year, then their ups and downs should mean nothing during the interim.

If, however, you are trying to trade them based on interest rate moves...good luck.
richg99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-24-2018, 12:31 PM   #5
crabtrap
Electric/Paddle Kayak Fisherman

crabtrap has been promoted to Piratecrabtrap has been promoted to Piratecrabtrap has been promoted to Piratecrabtrap has been promoted to Piratecrabtrap has been promoted to Piratecrabtrap has been promoted to Piratecrabtrap has been promoted to Piratecrabtrap has been promoted to Piratecrabtrap has been promoted to Piratecrabtrap has been promoted to Piratecrabtrap has been promoted to Pirate
Yep, trading is bad regardless. More specifically, my "bonds" are in the form of 3 month CDs I got in the 2.3-2.4% range. I suppose a little gain is better than nada or worse yet, a loss. I still got time b4 dipping into it but the question is when to re-buy? Just wait and watch...
crabtrap is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-24-2018, 12:48 PM   #6
richg99
richg99

Location: North Houston (FM1960/Champions area)& Tenn. in the Summers
richg99 has been promoted to Piraterichg99 has been promoted to Piraterichg99 has been promoted to Piraterichg99 has been promoted to Piraterichg99 has been promoted to Piraterichg99 has been promoted to Piraterichg99 has been promoted to Piraterichg99 has been promoted to Piraterichg99 has been promoted to Piraterichg99 has been promoted to Piraterichg99 has been promoted to Pirate
" the question is when to re-buy"

If anyone truly knew that, they wouldn't have to work ever again. And, they wouldn't tell us, until after they did their own buying.
richg99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-24-2018, 11:49 PM   #7
Muddskipper
fish control my brain

Muddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to Pirate
I never met a market timer who was right more than half the time.....and by not staying in the market you could miss some key points that could cost you dearly......in my opinion

I personally love the prices now..... and deployed all my cash to fully move in ....

I still have maturing bonds but they are yielding over 6% ..... and I got them at a discount....so some appreciation will be had on maturity.....

One thing I should note.... lots of ten yr old bonds are coming due from 08’ .....when they got cheap ..... so a lot of cash is ready to be reinvested ... and I feel like there are lots of deals to be had
Muddskipper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-25-2018, 10:57 AM   #8
Tortuga
El Viejo

Tortuga has been promoted to PirateTortuga has been promoted to PirateTortuga has been promoted to PirateTortuga has been promoted to PirateTortuga has been promoted to PirateTortuga has been promoted to PirateTortuga has been promoted to PirateTortuga has been promoted to PirateTortuga has been promoted to PirateTortuga has been promoted to PirateTortuga has been promoted to Pirate
Nuthin wrong with cash.. Until the dog and pony show up in DC is over I'm content with govt bonds and pizz-ant CDs...but then again I'm old..and security is number one. Got all I need without chunking it on the **** table...
Tortuga is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-25-2018, 11:53 AM   #9
stumpgrinder3
Registered Users-pm+

stumpgrinder3 has been promoted to Piratestumpgrinder3 has been promoted to Piratestumpgrinder3 has been promoted to Piratestumpgrinder3 has been promoted to Piratestumpgrinder3 has been promoted to Piratestumpgrinder3 has been promoted to Piratestumpgrinder3 has been promoted to Piratestumpgrinder3 has been promoted to Piratestumpgrinder3 has been promoted to Piratestumpgrinder3 has been promoted to Piratestumpgrinder3 has been promoted to Pirate
Im at the point where this stuff can be gut retching, but I believe in the economy and I pray for a swift rebound
stumpgrinder3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message