What is your opinion about Edward Jones - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Investments and finance
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2018, 01:42 PM   #11
Josey
Registered Users-pm+

Josey has been promoted to PirateJosey has been promoted to PirateJosey has been promoted to PirateJosey has been promoted to PirateJosey has been promoted to PirateJosey has been promoted to PirateJosey has been promoted to PirateJosey has been promoted to PirateJosey has been promoted to PirateJosey has been promoted to PirateJosey has been promoted to Pirate
Google "how do Edward jones reps get compensated?" Look for articled from Motely Fool.
Josey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2018, 01:07 PM   #12
fangard
www.jacksride.org

fangard has been promoted to Piratefangard has been promoted to Piratefangard has been promoted to Piratefangard has been promoted to Piratefangard has been promoted to Piratefangard has been promoted to Piratefangard has been promoted to Piratefangard has been promoted to Piratefangard has been promoted to Piratefangard has been promoted to Piratefangard has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfishtx View Post
They get a call every monday and are told to push certain investments, usually because those investments are paying them more fees that week.

That is an outright false statement.
fangard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2018, 01:09 PM   #13
fangard
www.jacksride.org

fangard has been promoted to Piratefangard has been promoted to Piratefangard has been promoted to Piratefangard has been promoted to Piratefangard has been promoted to Piratefangard has been promoted to Piratefangard has been promoted to Piratefangard has been promoted to Piratefangard has been promoted to Piratefangard has been promoted to Piratefangard has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josey View Post
Google "how do Edward jones reps get compensated?" Look for articled from Motely Fool.

Edward Jones reps get compensated the same way any other firm does. Commissions or fee based.
fangard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2018, 10:03 AM   #14
fishinguy
Registered Users-pm+

fishinguy has been promoted to Piratefishinguy has been promoted to Piratefishinguy has been promoted to Piratefishinguy has been promoted to Piratefishinguy has been promoted to Piratefishinguy has been promoted to Piratefishinguy has been promoted to Piratefishinguy has been promoted to Piratefishinguy has been promoted to Piratefishinguy has been promoted to Piratefishinguy has been promoted to Pirate
Fidelity is a much lower cost platform. EJ is very salesy, you portfolio manager is generally more of a salesman than anything else.

I interviewed at EJ while I was earning my finance degree.
fishinguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2018, 10:09 PM   #15
housewolf
Registered Users-pm+

housewolf has been promoted to Piratehousewolf has been promoted to Piratehousewolf has been promoted to Piratehousewolf has been promoted to Piratehousewolf has been promoted to Piratehousewolf has been promoted to Piratehousewolf has been promoted to Piratehousewolf has been promoted to Piratehousewolf has been promoted to Piratehousewolf has been promoted to Piratehousewolf has been promoted to Pirate
I recently opened an account at EJ because I had to leave where I was and didn’t know any better. My goal for 2019 is to move it all to fidelity (wife’s 401K is there too) or Vanguard.

I knew their rates were high when I went there but know nothing about investing and figured it was better to overpay someone who did until I could get my head wrapped around this.

I’ve been reading this and looks to me like I can save $$ by self managing at Fidelity or Vangaurd once I get up to speed. I’m within a few years of retirement and half my funds/assets are wrapped up here, I need to be careful
housewolf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2018, 09:11 AM   #16
fishinguy
Registered Users-pm+

fishinguy has been promoted to Piratefishinguy has been promoted to Piratefishinguy has been promoted to Piratefishinguy has been promoted to Piratefishinguy has been promoted to Piratefishinguy has been promoted to Piratefishinguy has been promoted to Piratefishinguy has been promoted to Piratefishinguy has been promoted to Piratefishinguy has been promoted to Piratefishinguy has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by housewolf View Post
I recently opened an account at EJ because I had to leave where I was and didn’t know any better. My goal for 2019 is to move it all to fidelity (wife’s 401K is there too) or Vanguard.

I knew their rates were high when I went there but know nothing about investing and figured it was better to overpay someone who did until I could get my head wrapped around this.

I’ve been reading this and looks to me like I can save $$ by self managing at Fidelity or Vangaurd once I get up to speed. I’m within a few years of retirement and half my funds/assets are wrapped up here, I need to be careful
Fidelity is not totally self manged. You have the option to easily make trades or investments for a very low cost but you can always call for a portfolio review or go into one of their many offices.
fishinguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message