Big Sharks Galveston Beachfront - Page 3 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Gulf Coast Surf Fishing Message Board
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2012, 08:12 AM   #21
Jetpadge
Registered Users-pm+

Jetpadge has been promoted to PirateJetpadge has been promoted to PirateJetpadge has been promoted to PirateJetpadge has been promoted to PirateJetpadge has been promoted to PirateJetpadge has been promoted to PirateJetpadge has been promoted to PirateJetpadge has been promoted to PirateJetpadge has been promoted to PirateJetpadge has been promoted to PirateJetpadge has been promoted to Pirate
Best place to drive to the waters edge and camp is over the San Luis Pass bridge down about a mile or so.
Jetpadge is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2012, 04:07 PM   #22
sharksurfer66
Well........ Huh!!

sharksurfer66 has been promoted to Piratesharksurfer66 has been promoted to Piratesharksurfer66 has been promoted to Piratesharksurfer66 has been promoted to Piratesharksurfer66 has been promoted to Piratesharksurfer66 has been promoted to Piratesharksurfer66 has been promoted to Piratesharksurfer66 has been promoted to Piratesharksurfer66 has been promoted to Piratesharksurfer66 has been promoted to Piratesharksurfer66 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetpadge View Post
Best place to drive to the waters edge and camp is over the San Luis Pass bridge down about a mile or so.
I really like the beach and camping in this area also. We usually went about 2-3 miles west of the bridge. Spent a LOT of time there 10-15 years ago. Never caught anything big there though...
sharksurfer66 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2012, 05:39 PM   #23
JCSHEPHE
Registered Users-pm+

JCSHEPHE is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharksurfer66 View Post
I really like the beach and camping in this area also. We usually went about 2-3 miles west of the bridge. Spent a LOT of time there 10-15 years ago. Never caught anything big there though...
Can you drive/camp East of the bridge though? Not at the pass but maybe 5 miles down closer to Jamaica Beach?
JCSHEPHE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2012, 11:27 PM   #24
mwatt007
Banned

mwatt007 has been promoted to Piratemwatt007 has been promoted to Piratemwatt007 has been promoted to Piratemwatt007 has been promoted to Piratemwatt007 has been promoted to Piratemwatt007 has been promoted to Piratemwatt007 has been promoted to Piratemwatt007 has been promoted to Piratemwatt007 has been promoted to Piratemwatt007 has been promoted to Piratemwatt007 has been promoted to Pirate
I'm no shark fisherman or San Luis Pass expert.....but...you should consider west of San Luis Pass about 2-3miles past the bridge....

don't know if you can "camp" as in overnight there or not but definately will be less people there i think..
mwatt007 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2012, 03:09 AM   #25
Russell B
Registered Users-pm+

Russell B has been promoted to PirateRussell B has been promoted to PirateRussell B has been promoted to PirateRussell B has been promoted to PirateRussell B has been promoted to PirateRussell B has been promoted to PirateRussell B has been promoted to PirateRussell B has been promoted to PirateRussell B has been promoted to PirateRussell B has been promoted to PirateRussell B has been promoted to Pirate
That tiger out of GYB was a 12'6 849lb I tried posting the pic but my iPad won't let me but I will when I get home this afternoon.
Russell B is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2012, 05:09 AM   #26
Russell B
Registered Users-pm+

Russell B has been promoted to PirateRussell B has been promoted to PirateRussell B has been promoted to PirateRussell B has been promoted to PirateRussell B has been promoted to PirateRussell B has been promoted to PirateRussell B has been promoted to PirateRussell B has been promoted to PirateRussell B has been promoted to PirateRussell B has been promoted to PirateRussell B has been promoted to Pirate
ahhhh, why wait.
Attached Images

Russell B is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2012, 02:22 PM   #27
flyntus
Registered Users-pm+

flyntus is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Apffel Park

If you want to drive and get close to the water, you have to pay at Apffel park. The free parking area is a good distance from the south jetty and gulf front. If you park in the free area, you're gonna have to hike all your gear.

Rod length limit at the 61st Street Pier is 10'. I avoid that place like the plague.
flyntus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2012, 03:42 PM   #28
nasakid
Registered Users-pm+

nasakid has been promote to Gunnernasakid has been promote to Gunnernasakid has been promote to Gunnernasakid has been promote to Gunnernasakid has been promote to Gunnernasakid has been promote to Gunnernasakid has been promote to Gunnernasakid has been promote to Gunnernasakid has been promote to Gunnernasakid has been promote to Gunnernasakid has been promote to Gunner
Anybody have a pic of Oz's 10' Mako from years back? That was the biggest surf-caught shark I've ever seen. I think it hit his 12/0 reel if I recall, and they fought it for over an hour.
nasakid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2012, 04:07 PM   #29
HuntinforTail
Chris

HuntinforTail has been promoted to PirateHuntinforTail has been promoted to PirateHuntinforTail has been promoted to PirateHuntinforTail has been promoted to PirateHuntinforTail has been promoted to PirateHuntinforTail has been promoted to PirateHuntinforTail has been promoted to PirateHuntinforTail has been promoted to PirateHuntinforTail has been promoted to PirateHuntinforTail has been promoted to PirateHuntinforTail has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by nasakid View Post
Anybody have a pic of Oz's 10' Mako from years back? That was the biggest surf-caught shark I've ever seen. I think it hit his 12/0 reel if I recall, and they fought it for over an hour.
http://extremecoast.com/reports/report120703.php

I'm pretty sure Oz has caught bigger. There was a 12.5' tiger caught in the surf off Bob Hall pier last year. A guy in Florida caught a 14'1" hammer last year from land.
HuntinforTail is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2012, 04:13 PM   #30
baitkiller
Registered Users-pm+

baitkiller has been promoted to Piratebaitkiller has been promoted to Piratebaitkiller has been promoted to Piratebaitkiller has been promoted to Piratebaitkiller has been promoted to Piratebaitkiller has been promoted to Piratebaitkiller has been promoted to Piratebaitkiller has been promoted to Piratebaitkiller has been promoted to Piratebaitkiller has been promoted to Piratebaitkiller has been promoted to Pirate
This one?

Attached Images

baitkiller is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message