San Luis Pass Surf - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Gulf Coast Surf Fishing Message Board
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-2011, 07:22 PM   #11
SpeckSlayer
SpeckSlayer

SpeckSlayer has been promoted to PirateSpeckSlayer has been promoted to PirateSpeckSlayer has been promoted to PirateSpeckSlayer has been promoted to PirateSpeckSlayer has been promoted to PirateSpeckSlayer has been promoted to PirateSpeckSlayer has been promoted to PirateSpeckSlayer has been promoted to PirateSpeckSlayer has been promoted to PirateSpeckSlayer has been promoted to PirateSpeckSlayer has been promoted to Pirate
*copper/bronze meant to say
SpeckSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2011, 04:37 PM   #12
dreamer
Registered Users-pm+

dreamer has been promoted to Piratedreamer has been promoted to Piratedreamer has been promoted to Piratedreamer has been promoted to Piratedreamer has been promoted to Piratedreamer has been promoted to Piratedreamer has been promoted to Piratedreamer has been promoted to Piratedreamer has been promoted to Piratedreamer has been promoted to Piratedreamer has been promoted to Pirate
Wish I could go. stuck in town this weekend. Good luck & tight lines!!
dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2011, 04:44 PM   #13
OysterBay
Registered Users-pm+

OysterBay has been promoted to PirateOysterBay has been promoted to PirateOysterBay has been promoted to PirateOysterBay has been promoted to PirateOysterBay has been promoted to PirateOysterBay has been promoted to PirateOysterBay has been promoted to PirateOysterBay has been promoted to PirateOysterBay has been promoted to PirateOysterBay has been promoted to PirateOysterBay has been promoted to Pirate
This was Monday, Galveston side
OysterBay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2011, 08:55 PM   #14
TexHepCat
Registered Users-pm+

TexHepCat has been promoted to PirateTexHepCat has been promoted to PirateTexHepCat has been promoted to PirateTexHepCat has been promoted to PirateTexHepCat has been promoted to PirateTexHepCat has been promoted to PirateTexHepCat has been promoted to PirateTexHepCat has been promoted to PirateTexHepCat has been promoted to PirateTexHepCat has been promoted to PirateTexHepCat has been promoted to Pirate
Sure wish I could, but I won't be able to make it this Saturday. My next day off will be next Friday, Sept 2nd when I start a 2 week vacation. Unfortunately that is Labor Day weekend so the beaches will probably be crowded so I'll probably not try to fish till the 6th. Be sure to post your results if you go this Saturday. Good luck, THC
TexHepCat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2011, 12:36 PM   #15
TexHepCat
Registered Users-pm+

TexHepCat has been promoted to PirateTexHepCat has been promoted to PirateTexHepCat has been promoted to PirateTexHepCat has been promoted to PirateTexHepCat has been promoted to PirateTexHepCat has been promoted to PirateTexHepCat has been promoted to PirateTexHepCat has been promoted to PirateTexHepCat has been promoted to PirateTexHepCat has been promoted to PirateTexHepCat has been promoted to Pirate
I'll be at Surfside this Friday. I plan on being there about an hour before daylight until just after sundown. I hope the topwater bite is still on and the red bull run has started. After Labor Day I will probably head down to Port A and/or PINS. Anyone heard if the anchovies are running down there yet?
Old 08-30-2011, 03:53 PM   #16
troutless
Registered Users-pm+

troutless has been promoted to Piratetroutless has been promoted to Piratetroutless has been promoted to Piratetroutless has been promoted to Piratetroutless has been promoted to Piratetroutless has been promoted to Piratetroutless has been promoted to Piratetroutless has been promoted to Piratetroutless has been promoted to Piratetroutless has been promoted to Piratetroutless has been promoted to Pirate
I've been on the CC boards and haven't seen anything posted about the anchovies running down there yet. If they are they are keeping it a secret.
troutless is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2011, 08:06 PM   #17
TexHepCat
Registered Users-pm+

Sept 7th, Just south of SLP om Follet's Island

Started fishing about 6 AM. Sort of cool out so I started out in my waders. Nothing hitting artificials so I pulled out the surf rods around 7:30. Finger mullet were thick and I had no problem catching a few dozen with my cast net. Baited up with a double drop rig and placed 2 finger mullet in the 2nd gut. Baited up another rod with same rig and also placed it in 2nd gut. I'd just put the 2nd rod in a holder when something hit the 1st rod. Turned out to be a 23" spainish mack. Rebaited and threw back to 2nd gut. Very soon the other rod also hooked up with a smack. From this point on it was pretty steady till about 2:30. It was definitely a day for variety, Here's what I caught:
3 Smacks (caught on live finger mullet)
4 Bluefish (used for cut bait)
2 Lady Fish (used for cut bait)
6 Slot Reds (caught on live finger mullet) Released 3 of them
1 40" Bull Red (caught on cut Lady Fish)
1 Jack Crevelle (caught on live finger mullet) Didn't measure but estimate went about 30 lbs (see pic a tourist took for me)
5 Slot Specks (caught on live finger mullet)
1 36+ inch Bull Shark (caught on cut Blue Fish)
3 gafftops (caught on live finger mullet, all released)

I don't think I sat down for more than 15 minutes the entire time I was out there.

The water was sandy green with about 18" visibility. Wind was NE at about 5-10 in the early morning picking up to 10-15 by noon.

I will be back out there on Sunday with my wife. I hope to get her hooked up on a bull red or Jack.

Anyway here are some pics.
Attached Images

Old 09-07-2011, 09:44 PM   #18
ClayW
Registered Users-pm+

ClayW has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerClayW has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerClayW has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerClayW has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerClayW has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerClayW has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerClayW has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerClayW has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerClayW has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerClayW has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerClayW has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
Looks like a great time.... Congrats
ClayW is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2011, 11:39 AM   #19
Sea-Slug
Registered Users-pm+

Sea-Slug has been promoted to PirateSea-Slug has been promoted to PirateSea-Slug has been promoted to PirateSea-Slug has been promoted to PirateSea-Slug has been promoted to PirateSea-Slug has been promoted to PirateSea-Slug has been promoted to PirateSea-Slug has been promoted to PirateSea-Slug has been promoted to PirateSea-Slug has been promoted to PirateSea-Slug has been promoted to Pirate
Awesome report. Congrats on a great day of fishing. I love those days you get a huge variety. Did the little bluefish bite your line in half a bunch of times? They are bad about biting your line in half about halfway out to your bait.
Sea-Slug is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-12-2011, 11:38 AM   #20
Friend
Registered Users-pm+

Friend is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Got Seaweed??

Galveston had a lot of seaweed this week end.
Caught lots of seaweed. Does any one know where to catch fish not seaweed?
Thanks...
Friend is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message