magged my 4/0 - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Gulf Coast Surf Fishing Message Board
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2010, 09:19 AM   #11
Fishin-Inc
I just love rod threads! No Spam baby

Fishin-Inc has been promoted to PirateFishin-Inc has been promoted to PirateFishin-Inc has been promoted to PirateFishin-Inc has been promoted to PirateFishin-Inc has been promoted to PirateFishin-Inc has been promoted to PirateFishin-Inc has been promoted to PirateFishin-Inc has been promoted to PirateFishin-Inc has been promoted to PirateFishin-Inc has been promoted to PirateFishin-Inc has been promoted to Pirate
Good call

You did good. When you wade out and throw a larger bait, it doesn't require a big toss anyways. Just throw it into the depth of that next trough and go wait. The bull reds should be thick as this cooler season progresses. As for lighter line. I hate breaking off period. 40# is king on the beach IMO. 30 with a nick is pretty light. All line gets nicks.
Break off are expensive with the cost of weights and leaders.

If you need a glove to cast, you need to get more experience and see some more experience. Unless you're just practicing and then it's going to get painful. LOL The best place to practice casting is from a pier.
The line stays wet and you might even catch something.
Fishin-Inc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2010, 11:05 AM   #12
newsharker
Registered Users-pm+

newsharker has been promoted to Piratenewsharker has been promoted to Piratenewsharker has been promoted to Piratenewsharker has been promoted to Piratenewsharker has been promoted to Piratenewsharker has been promoted to Piratenewsharker has been promoted to Piratenewsharker has been promoted to Piratenewsharker has been promoted to Piratenewsharker has been promoted to Piratenewsharker has been promoted to Pirate
I am practicing almost every day and I feel like I am making progress. just hope to make it work on the beach.
newsharker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-2010, 01:06 PM   #13
MigllaFishKilla
Registered Users-pm+

MigllaFishKilla has been promoted to PirateMigllaFishKilla has been promoted to PirateMigllaFishKilla has been promoted to PirateMigllaFishKilla has been promoted to PirateMigllaFishKilla has been promoted to PirateMigllaFishKilla has been promoted to PirateMigllaFishKilla has been promoted to PirateMigllaFishKilla has been promoted to PirateMigllaFishKilla has been promoted to PirateMigllaFishKilla has been promoted to PirateMigllaFishKilla has been promoted to Pirate
here like this guy, BIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!
MigllaFishKilla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2010, 11:02 PM   #14
Torpedo
Registered Users-pm+

Torpedo has been promoted to PirateTorpedo has been promoted to PirateTorpedo has been promoted to PirateTorpedo has been promoted to PirateTorpedo has been promoted to PirateTorpedo has been promoted to PirateTorpedo has been promoted to PirateTorpedo has been promoted to PirateTorpedo has been promoted to PirateTorpedo has been promoted to PirateTorpedo has been promoted to Pirate
You've got it all wrong! You can hit a 4/0 pretty good and with the right rod, line and smooth technique it will toss pretty far. You dont need leather, thumb guards or gloves just get used to thumbing the SPOOL, NOT the line!

Try it, it works.
Torpedo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2010, 06:38 AM   #15
newsharker
Registered Users-pm+

newsharker has been promoted to Piratenewsharker has been promoted to Piratenewsharker has been promoted to Piratenewsharker has been promoted to Piratenewsharker has been promoted to Piratenewsharker has been promoted to Piratenewsharker has been promoted to Piratenewsharker has been promoted to Piratenewsharker has been promoted to Piratenewsharker has been promoted to Piratenewsharker has been promoted to Pirate
yes ive been trying that. i am no pro yet but im getting it down pretty good. i can cast pretty consistantly around 70 ft or so. i dont have thw rod i want to use with it yet but i bet that will help too. the crappy rod im using is 10-25 lbs line weight. i have the reel filled with 40lb. the rod is very flimsy. i am looking at a ugly stik 20-50 lb 11.5 ft.
newsharker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2010, 08:52 PM   #16
Torpedo
Registered Users-pm+

Torpedo has been promoted to PirateTorpedo has been promoted to PirateTorpedo has been promoted to PirateTorpedo has been promoted to PirateTorpedo has been promoted to PirateTorpedo has been promoted to PirateTorpedo has been promoted to PirateTorpedo has been promoted to PirateTorpedo has been promoted to PirateTorpedo has been promoted to PirateTorpedo has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by newsharker View Post
yes ive been trying that. i am no pro yet but im getting it down pretty good. i can cast pretty consistantly around 70 ft or so. i dont have thw rod i want to use with it yet but i bet that will help too. the crappy rod im using is 10-25 lbs line weight. i have the reel filled with 40lb. the rod is very flimsy. i am looking at a ugly stik 20-50 lb 11.5 ft.
Dont waste your money, get an Ocean Master.
Old 09-18-2010, 11:00 PM   #17
Fishin' Soldier
Can't be what you ain't.

Fishin' Soldier has been promoted to PirateFishin' Soldier has been promoted to PirateFishin' Soldier has been promoted to PirateFishin' Soldier has been promoted to PirateFishin' Soldier has been promoted to PirateFishin' Soldier has been promoted to PirateFishin' Soldier has been promoted to PirateFishin' Soldier has been promoted to PirateFishin' Soldier has been promoted to PirateFishin' Soldier has been promoted to PirateFishin' Soldier has been promoted to Pirate
Why?
I have casted my 4/0 on 12" surf rod and can cast alright..wear a glove or wet the spool. Other than tha you will get tired of trying and run the baits out.
Fishin' Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-19-2010, 12:00 AM   #18
Torpedo
Registered Users-pm+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishin' Soldier View Post
Why?
I have casted my 4/0 on 12" surf rod and can cast alright..wear a glove or wet the spool. Other than tha you will get tired of trying and run the baits out.
Some people want better than alright..gloves suck and wet spools slip. If you do it properly you cast further and dont have to run baits on casting rods.
Old 09-20-2010, 04:56 PM   #19
sharkinaggie
Registered Users-pm+

sharkinaggie has been promoted to Piratesharkinaggie has been promoted to Piratesharkinaggie has been promoted to Piratesharkinaggie has been promoted to Piratesharkinaggie has been promoted to Piratesharkinaggie has been promoted to Piratesharkinaggie has been promoted to Piratesharkinaggie has been promoted to Piratesharkinaggie has been promoted to Piratesharkinaggie has been promoted to Piratesharkinaggie has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpedo View Post
Dont waste your money, get an Ocean Master.
X2

The 12' OM XH is the way to go for sure with a 4/0. I have an all metal 4/0 magged on that rod and it is money for casted shark.

-SA
sharkinaggie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-21-2010, 02:48 PM   #20
Fishin-Inc
I just love rod threads! No Spam baby

Fishin-Inc has been promoted to PirateFishin-Inc has been promoted to PirateFishin-Inc has been promoted to PirateFishin-Inc has been promoted to PirateFishin-Inc has been promoted to PirateFishin-Inc has been promoted to PirateFishin-Inc has been promoted to PirateFishin-Inc has been promoted to PirateFishin-Inc has been promoted to PirateFishin-Inc has been promoted to PirateFishin-Inc has been promoted to Pirate
LOL

There we have! Let's all just agree to disagree! or let's just say a 4/0 is an pretty darned good all around reel! Cuz it holds some line and is pretty darned strong & cheap!

I would still rather yak out a whole live 12" mullet on a 8 oz weight out deep! Or even drop 2 different rods on one trip out.
Fishin-Inc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message