Early days of Your sharkin. - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Gulf Coast Surf Fishing Message Board
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-15-2005, 12:38 PM   #11
Goags
Registered Users-pm+

Goags has been promoted to PirateGoags has been promoted to PirateGoags has been promoted to PirateGoags has been promoted to PirateGoags has been promoted to PirateGoags has been promoted to PirateGoags has been promoted to PirateGoags has been promoted to PirateGoags has been promoted to PirateGoags has been promoted to PirateGoags has been promoted to Pirate
Neat pics, Redfshr. Man, how you've aged! lol
Goags is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2005, 01:03 PM   #12
Pappy

Pappy is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
From the 60`s

here`s a couple of pics from the 60`s. the bull was from Horace Caldwell pier at Port Aransas . It was early in the morning and raining. A friend had gone in for the night and left his 12/0 with me to watch. there`s something about someone leaving his rod set out for you to watch . I`m sure I am not thr only one who has noticed this !
Attached Images

Pappy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2005, 01:18 PM   #13
Jolly Roger
COME AND TAKE IT

Jolly Roger has been promoted to PirateJolly Roger has been promoted to PirateJolly Roger has been promoted to PirateJolly Roger has been promoted to PirateJolly Roger has been promoted to PirateJolly Roger has been promoted to PirateJolly Roger has been promoted to PirateJolly Roger has been promoted to PirateJolly Roger has been promoted to PirateJolly Roger has been promoted to PirateJolly Roger has been promoted to Pirate
cool,, thanks for sharing the pics,
Jolly Roger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2005, 09:33 PM   #14
Redfishr

Redfishr has been promoted to PirateRedfishr has been promoted to PirateRedfishr has been promoted to PirateRedfishr has been promoted to PirateRedfishr has been promoted to PirateRedfishr has been promoted to PirateRedfishr has been promoted to PirateRedfishr has been promoted to PirateRedfishr has been promoted to PirateRedfishr has been promoted to PirateRedfishr has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goags
Neat pics, Redfshr. Man, how you've aged! lol
Thats better than the alternative, but no Grey yet.
Redfishr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2005, 09:39 PM   #15
Redfishr

Redfishr has been promoted to PirateRedfishr has been promoted to PirateRedfishr has been promoted to PirateRedfishr has been promoted to PirateRedfishr has been promoted to PirateRedfishr has been promoted to PirateRedfishr has been promoted to PirateRedfishr has been promoted to PirateRedfishr has been promoted to PirateRedfishr has been promoted to PirateRedfishr has been promoted to Pirate
Big T

Since we're not having much participation, I'll put in another of me. But this aint a shark of course, but unlike the lemon, this ain't the biggest tarpon I've caught off of a fixed structure or beach.

Surf Runner:
Here's that big tarpon I got off the flagship in 1988.
Attached Images

Old 07-16-2005, 08:24 AM   #16
SurfRunner
Registered Users-pm+

SurfRunner has been promoted to PirateSurfRunner has been promoted to PirateSurfRunner has been promoted to PirateSurfRunner has been promoted to PirateSurfRunner has been promoted to PirateSurfRunner has been promoted to PirateSurfRunner has been promoted to PirateSurfRunner has been promoted to PirateSurfRunner has been promoted to PirateSurfRunner has been promoted to PirateSurfRunner has been promoted to Pirate
Redfishr,

I remember that fish. I also remember you catching a handful of tarpon from the beach on cast baits near the water tower. A couple of years ago, I mentioned something about you doingthat on this forum.

I have never met anyone who has caught the fish you have around Galveston from the beach or piers. You were always the one who caught that one or two fish when no one else did on a slow day.

Here's an old one of me. I was 10 years old. San Luis Pass when it was still undeveloped. 1971. I'm the kid on the left. That jack was steadily walking towards the surf. My dad had to put his hand in front of the rod to keep it from dragging me in.LOL!
Attached Images

SurfRunner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2005, 09:03 AM   #17
gundoctor
Registered Users-pm+

gundoctor has been promoted to the rank of Swabbiegundoctor has been promoted to the rank of Swabbiegundoctor has been promoted to the rank of Swabbiegundoctor has been promoted to the rank of Swabbiegundoctor has been promoted to the rank of Swabbiegundoctor has been promoted to the rank of Swabbiegundoctor has been promoted to the rank of Swabbiegundoctor has been promoted to the rank of Swabbiegundoctor has been promoted to the rank of Swabbiegundoctor has been promoted to the rank of Swabbiegundoctor has been promoted to the rank of Swabbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy
A friend had gone in for the night and left his 12/0 with me to watch. there`s something about someone leaving his rod set out for you to watch . I`m sure I am not thr only one who has noticed this !
Thats as close as it gets to a guaranteed run LOL.
gundoctor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2005, 10:13 AM   #18
Redfishr

Good oldie Andy...
Old 07-16-2005, 11:17 AM   #19
SurfRunner
Registered Users-pm+

SurfRunner has been promoted to PirateSurfRunner has been promoted to PirateSurfRunner has been promoted to PirateSurfRunner has been promoted to PirateSurfRunner has been promoted to PirateSurfRunner has been promoted to PirateSurfRunner has been promoted to PirateSurfRunner has been promoted to PirateSurfRunner has been promoted to PirateSurfRunner has been promoted to PirateSurfRunner has been promoted to Pirate
Ray,

I am still fishing with those same rods. I remember everyone told me the grips would fall apart, but they never did, and those rods have been fished a lot. I am still using one of the Newells, and the big ray destroyed my other one.LOL!

Anyway, another pic, but not too old. Only about 4 years old. One of three ling I caught from the Surfside Jetty that day. This is the biggest that measured 56" and weighed about 70 lbs.

I have caught my odd shark but not my monster (8' or over). But, then again, I really haven't put in the time and effort it takes to catch one.
Attached Images

Old 07-16-2005, 11:19 AM   #20
SurfRunner
Registered Users-pm+

Pappy, Those are classic pics! Thanks for sharing.