Worst kiicking rifle u shot? - Page 3 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Hunting and Shooting Forums > Firearms/Reloading/Handloading Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2019, 08:40 AM   #21
Csafisher
Waiting on duck season...

Csafisher has been promoted to PirateCsafisher has been promoted to PirateCsafisher has been promoted to PirateCsafisher has been promoted to PirateCsafisher has been promoted to PirateCsafisher has been promoted to PirateCsafisher has been promoted to PirateCsafisher has been promoted to PirateCsafisher has been promoted to PirateCsafisher has been promoted to PirateCsafisher has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricane matt View Post
Not a rifle but bps 12 3.5 inch with 2 3/4 ounce turkey is not fun to me at all.
Those will do it, especially in a pump. If you want some punishment, find some Remington heavy hyper steel loads.
Csafisher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2019, 08:53 AM   #22
sgrem
Registered Users-pm+

sgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Pirate
I bought some hyper steels once.....once.... terrible. Buddy shot them in a citori and it opened on the shot.
sgrem is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-29-2019, 10:30 AM   #23
Csafisher
Waiting on duck season...

Csafisher has been promoted to PirateCsafisher has been promoted to PirateCsafisher has been promoted to PirateCsafisher has been promoted to PirateCsafisher has been promoted to PirateCsafisher has been promoted to PirateCsafisher has been promoted to PirateCsafisher has been promoted to PirateCsafisher has been promoted to PirateCsafisher has been promoted to PirateCsafisher has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgrem View Post
I bought some hyper steels once.....once.... terrible. Buddy shot them in a citori and it opened on the shot.
I have a couple on hand for buddies who leave the duck blind without taking their gun. I snuck one in a buddies gun and he didn’t know. He always takes his gun now. Lol
Csafisher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2019, 01:41 PM   #24
Bukmstr
Registered Users-pm+

Bukmstr has been promoted to PirateBukmstr has been promoted to PirateBukmstr has been promoted to PirateBukmstr has been promoted to PirateBukmstr has been promoted to PirateBukmstr has been promoted to PirateBukmstr has been promoted to PirateBukmstr has been promoted to PirateBukmstr has been promoted to PirateBukmstr has been promoted to PirateBukmstr has been promoted to Pirate
45/70

I thought it dislocated my shoulder the first time I shot it. It is quite a surprise. I learned quickly what to expect and I love the gun now.
Attached Images

Bukmstr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-29-2019, 01:53 PM   #25
MechAg94
Registered Users-pm+

MechAg94 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)MechAg94 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)MechAg94 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)MechAg94 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)MechAg94 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)MechAg94 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)MechAg94 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)MechAg94 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)MechAg94 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)MechAg94 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)MechAg94 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)
I have the Marlin 1894 CB model with a longer octagon barrel. It kicks pretty hard especially if you try to shoot it on a bench. Standing with shooting sticks is much better. I didn't think about the shorter model being worse.

Recoil by itself never bothered me a whole lot except after the fact. What always bothered me to the point of screwing up my shooting is when the scope jumps back at you after the shot especially with a cheap scope with poor eye relief. Some rifles are better with iron sights.
MechAg94 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2019, 06:18 AM   #26
bubbas kenner
Gods blessings surround us.

bubbas kenner has been promoted to Piratebubbas kenner has been promoted to Piratebubbas kenner has been promoted to Piratebubbas kenner has been promoted to Piratebubbas kenner has been promoted to Piratebubbas kenner has been promoted to Piratebubbas kenner has been promoted to Piratebubbas kenner has been promoted to Piratebubbas kenner has been promoted to Piratebubbas kenner has been promoted to Piratebubbas kenner has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechAg94 View Post
I have the Marlin 1894 CB model with a longer octagon barrel. It kicks pretty hard especially if you try to shoot it on a bench. Standing with shooting sticks is much better. I didn't think about the shorter model being worse.

Recoil by itself never bothered me a whole lot except after the fact. What always bothered me to the point of screwing up my shooting is when the scope jumps back at you after the shot especially with a cheap scope with poor eye relief. Some rifles are better with iron sights.
Yes indeed,the Gipson rifle scope that scope burned me didn't have any rubber piece around the eye piece.Who knows if they made scopes without a rubber eye pad?
bubbas kenner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-31-2019, 08:16 PM   #27
Wolfie#2
Registered Users-pm+

Wolfie#2 has been promoted to PirateWolfie#2 has been promoted to PirateWolfie#2 has been promoted to PirateWolfie#2 has been promoted to PirateWolfie#2 has been promoted to PirateWolfie#2 has been promoted to PirateWolfie#2 has been promoted to PirateWolfie#2 has been promoted to PirateWolfie#2 has been promoted to PirateWolfie#2 has been promoted to PirateWolfie#2 has been promoted to Pirate
Buddies 30 [email protected] Savage 270 is the hardest kicking rifle I have owned and have shot deer with .223, .243, 30-30,.308, .270 and 6.5 Grendel. Never saw a need for more power. 10 rounds through the 30 SAUM was more than a whole day @ the range with all my rifles combined
Wolfie#2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-2019, 06:57 PM   #28
capt mullet

capt mullet has been promoted to Piratecapt mullet has been promoted to Piratecapt mullet has been promoted to Piratecapt mullet has been promoted to Piratecapt mullet has been promoted to Piratecapt mullet has been promoted to Piratecapt mullet has been promoted to Piratecapt mullet has been promoted to Piratecapt mullet has been promoted to Piratecapt mullet has been promoted to Piratecapt mullet has been promoted to Pirate
When I bought my Sako 30-06 and first took it to the range I could only fire 8 shots trying to sight it in and I was ready to sell it. I was done with it. My shoulder hurt for 2 weeks.

However I bought a Limbsaver and now it is a joy to shoot. No pain whatsoever
Call or Text @ 832-338-4570
capt mullet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-2019, 08:48 PM   #29
Davidsel47
Registered Users-pm+

Davidsel47 has been promoted to PirateDavidsel47 has been promoted to PirateDavidsel47 has been promoted to PirateDavidsel47 has been promoted to PirateDavidsel47 has been promoted to PirateDavidsel47 has been promoted to PirateDavidsel47 has been promoted to PirateDavidsel47 has been promoted to PirateDavidsel47 has been promoted to PirateDavidsel47 has been promoted to PirateDavidsel47 has been promoted to Pirate
I have a Remington 700 in a 300 Win Mag. I was bruised after going through a box of ammo sighting in.
Davidsel47 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-2019, 09:09 PM   #30
Ready.Fire.Aim
Registered Users-pm+

Location: Past the second cattle guard, at the end of the gravel road
Ready.Fire.Aim has been promoted to PirateReady.Fire.Aim has been promoted to PirateReady.Fire.Aim has been promoted to PirateReady.Fire.Aim has been promoted to PirateReady.Fire.Aim has been promoted to PirateReady.Fire.Aim has been promoted to PirateReady.Fire.Aim has been promoted to PirateReady.Fire.Aim has been promoted to PirateReady.Fire.Aim has been promoted to PirateReady.Fire.Aim has been promoted to PirateReady.Fire.Aim has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynoscion View Post
I’ve got an early 1960’s model Rem 700 in 30-06 with a very short barrel and metal butt plate that will cross your eyes as well.

I inherited my dads 1960s Remington model 740 semi rifle in 30-06. Little bitty lightweight rifle with a metal butt plate. Horrible recoil, chews up your shoulder.

I have a bolt action .50 BMG that is much more pleasant than the little 30-06.
Ready.Fire.Aim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message