Texas flip and move 2cool style - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > DIY (Do it yourself) forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-03-2016, 08:45 AM   #11
Part Timer
Registered Users-pm+

Part Timer has been promoted to PiratePart Timer has been promoted to PiratePart Timer has been promoted to PiratePart Timer has been promoted to PiratePart Timer has been promoted to PiratePart Timer has been promoted to PiratePart Timer has been promoted to PiratePart Timer has been promoted to PiratePart Timer has been promoted to PiratePart Timer has been promoted to PiratePart Timer has been promoted to Pirate
I'm I'm to see the build along. Very cool project.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Part Timer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2016, 08:56 AM   #12
monkeyman1
Winter Hater

monkeyman1 has been promoted to Piratemonkeyman1 has been promoted to Piratemonkeyman1 has been promoted to Piratemonkeyman1 has been promoted to Piratemonkeyman1 has been promoted to Piratemonkeyman1 has been promoted to Piratemonkeyman1 has been promoted to Piratemonkeyman1 has been promoted to Piratemonkeyman1 has been promoted to Piratemonkeyman1 has been promoted to Piratemonkeyman1 has been promoted to Pirate
Your project will pay good dividends in the future.

Do you mind me asking how much it cost to move the house?

If I could offer a piece of advice, get the underside (and anything else you can) sprayed with foam. Will go a long way towards keeping out bugs and drafts in the winter. Will make it quieter too.
monkeyman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2016, 09:21 AM   #13
Joejoe070
Registered Users-pm+

Joejoe070 has been promoted to PirateJoejoe070 has been promoted to PirateJoejoe070 has been promoted to PirateJoejoe070 has been promoted to PirateJoejoe070 has been promoted to PirateJoejoe070 has been promoted to PirateJoejoe070 has been promoted to PirateJoejoe070 has been promoted to PirateJoejoe070 has been promoted to PirateJoejoe070 has been promoted to PirateJoejoe070 has been promoted to Pirate
Texas flip and move 2cool style

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part Timer View Post
I'm I'm to see the build along. Very cool project.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Thanks hope you enjoy watching it just keep checking on it every now and then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyman1 View Post
Your project will pay good dividends in the future.

Do you mind me asking how much it cost to move the house?

If I could offer a piece of advice, get the underside (and anything else you can) sprayed with foam. Will go a long way towards keeping out bugs and drafts in the winter. Will make it quieter too.

Yes sir that's the plan after we live a few years in it and get some savings we will most likely build a new house somewhere or move into one of the larger houses my grandfather has already out there. Then rent this one out hopefully. Who knows we might not want to leave and just add on to this one in the future.
To have the house and shed moved took them around 3 days and The cost was around 5k for both that's including all permits and paperwork for moving though the city and stuff like that. I have been told each city or county is different and can cost more or less depending on where you coming from and moving to.

On the foam part I might put that insulated board you see in the shed underneath then foam around that and any other areas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Joejoe070 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2016, 11:02 AM   #14
monkeyman1
Winter Hater

monkeyman1 has been promoted to Piratemonkeyman1 has been promoted to Piratemonkeyman1 has been promoted to Piratemonkeyman1 has been promoted to Piratemonkeyman1 has been promoted to Piratemonkeyman1 has been promoted to Piratemonkeyman1 has been promoted to Piratemonkeyman1 has been promoted to Piratemonkeyman1 has been promoted to Piratemonkeyman1 has been promoted to Piratemonkeyman1 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joejoe070 View Post
To have the house and shed moved took them around 3 days and The cost was around 5k for both that's including all permits and paperwork for moving though the city and stuff like that. I have been told each city or county is different and can cost more or less depending on where you coming from and moving to.

On the foam part I might put that insulated board you see in the shed underneath then foam around that and any other areas.

That's about what I was quoted when thinking of moving and renovating a house to be a rental.

On another house I renovated, I also cut the styro board (and bats) and put between the studs (not underside). I'm not sure the styro provided much insulation - maybe somewhat of a moisture barrier though.

I replaced the weighted windows with Anderson windows which have good curb appeal but in retrospect I think I could have gone with less costly windows. Those old houses don't lend themselves to energy efficiency, but are small and can be economically cooled and heated.

Keep posting progress pics - reminds me of some of my trials!
Old 08-03-2016, 11:18 AM   #15
Joejoe070
Registered Users-pm+

Joejoe070 has been promoted to PirateJoejoe070 has been promoted to PirateJoejoe070 has been promoted to PirateJoejoe070 has been promoted to PirateJoejoe070 has been promoted to PirateJoejoe070 has been promoted to PirateJoejoe070 has been promoted to PirateJoejoe070 has been promoted to PirateJoejoe070 has been promoted to PirateJoejoe070 has been promoted to PirateJoejoe070 has been promoted to Pirate
Texas flip and move 2cool style

I put rolls of insulation between the studs when siding was ripped off to be replaced. There is already insulation in the attic so I'm good there. But I will for sure put something underneath at some point.
The Windows that are in the house now are the old weighted ones most of them are broke or won't even go up or have cracks in the glass so they got to go. I really want to start that project but I know right now I don't have the workforce and time to tackle that. so I'm going to move to something simple until I can knock it out real fast. I'll keep the pics coming. Might not have much from this upcoming weekend most likely going to pressure wash loose paint woooohooo tons of fun lol probably won't see to much of a difference. But if there is I'll post some pics.

Old 08-03-2016, 06:53 PM   #16
jm423
Registered Users-pm+

jm423 has been promoted to Piratejm423 has been promoted to Piratejm423 has been promoted to Piratejm423 has been promoted to Piratejm423 has been promoted to Piratejm423 has been promoted to Piratejm423 has been promoted to Piratejm423 has been promoted to Piratejm423 has been promoted to Piratejm423 has been promoted to Piratejm423 has been promoted to Pirate
You will miss that "rumbley-rumbley -THUMP" from a weight cord breaking with those weighted windows!
jm423 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-2016, 09:37 AM   #17
monkeyman1
Winter Hater

Don't throw away those old windows. They sell for a fair amount of change at flea markets and antique stores. Many people use them to make a greenhouse as well.
Old 08-04-2016, 10:08 AM   #18
Joejoe070
Registered Users-pm+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm423 View Post
You will miss that "rumbley-rumbley -THUMP" from a weight cord breaking with those weighted windows!
I most likely won't hear them since they will be removed and replaced before I move in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyman1 View Post
Don't throw away those old windows. They sell for a fair amount of change at flea markets and antique stores. Many people use them to make a greenhouse as well.
For sure definitely going to sell what I can to make money to put back in the house. I have alot of other items that came in the house and shed I plan on selling. bunch of old doors Windows and other miscellaneous items . Going to try to use what I can and save a few bucks and sell what I don't need and make a few bucks.

Old 08-04-2016, 04:31 PM   #19
Blast-n-cast
Registered Users-pm+

Blast-n-cast has been promoted to PirateBlast-n-cast has been promoted to PirateBlast-n-cast has been promoted to PirateBlast-n-cast has been promoted to PirateBlast-n-cast has been promoted to PirateBlast-n-cast has been promoted to PirateBlast-n-cast has been promoted to PirateBlast-n-cast has been promoted to PirateBlast-n-cast has been promoted to PirateBlast-n-cast has been promoted to PirateBlast-n-cast has been promoted to Pirate
Looking good so far. I would figure out some ventilation for your skirting if I was you to get some air flow. I don't know how many homes I have looked at that have issues with the floor/subfloor rotting out due to a lack of ventilation.
Blast-n-cast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-06-2016, 07:50 AM   #20
jm423
Registered Users-pm+

jm423 has been promoted to Piratejm423 has been promoted to Piratejm423 has been promoted to Piratejm423 has been promoted to Piratejm423 has been promoted to Piratejm423 has been promoted to Piratejm423 has been promoted to Piratejm423 has been promoted to Piratejm423 has been promoted to Piratejm423 has been promoted to Piratejm423 has been promoted to Pirate
+1 on venting skirting-with screening to keep unwanted tenants out.
jm423 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message