Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Hobbies Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2015, 09:51 PM   #1
nick956
Registered Users-pm+

nick956 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Texas Pricate Street/Easement Penal Codes

Not sure if this is the correct place but if needed please move. But I was wanting to know if anyone knows where I can the rights and laws that exist in Texas for private streets/easements as we recently kicked off a car from our street and the officer said we cant do that. I one time found the penal codes and statutes but cannot do so now. TIA

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
nick956 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2015, 04:30 PM   #2
Angle Away
KCCO

Angle Away has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerAngle Away has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerAngle Away has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerAngle Away has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerAngle Away has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerAngle Away has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerAngle Away has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerAngle Away has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerAngle Away has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerAngle Away has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerAngle Away has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
It depends heavily on the jurisdiction (city), and whether or not a public entity maintains the road (county, city, state). Generally if anyone but a private land owner maintains the road, it is not private.

If it is simply a road easement for you to cross the property of someone else and access your own property - that is not a public roadway. That is private property and anyone but the grantee that accesses it is trespassing. I would suggest installing a gate with lock in that scenario.
Angle Away is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2015, 08:57 AM   #3
Ernest
Registered Users-pm+

Ernest has disabled reputation
All the Texas state statutes are available on line. A simple google search will turn up multiple links. Similarly, many larger cities and well populated counties have their local laws on line.
Ernest is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2015, 10:10 AM   #4
speckle-catcher
Registered Users-pm+

speckle-catcher has been promoted to Piratespeckle-catcher has been promoted to Piratespeckle-catcher has been promoted to Piratespeckle-catcher has been promoted to Piratespeckle-catcher has been promoted to Piratespeckle-catcher has been promoted to Piratespeckle-catcher has been promoted to Piratespeckle-catcher has been promoted to Piratespeckle-catcher has been promoted to Piratespeckle-catcher has been promoted to Piratespeckle-catcher has been promoted to Pirate
Contact me by PM. I'll see what I can do to assist.

Your "private street" may actually be a "public access easement" - in which case, the officer may likely be correct.
speckle-catcher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message