Dead Sharks at the Texas City Dike - Page 5 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Gulf Coast Surf Fishing Message Board
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2006, 11:38 AM   #41
TC redfish
Registered Users-pm+

TC redfish is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)TC redfish is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)TC redfish is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)TC redfish is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)TC redfish is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)TC redfish is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)TC redfish is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)TC redfish is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)TC redfish is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
It's whining arses like these PETA tree huggers that will have fishing outlawed all together. No more needs to be said !!!!!
TC redfish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2006, 11:58 AM   #42
bill

bill has been promoted to Piratebill has been promoted to Piratebill has been promoted to Piratebill has been promoted to Piratebill has been promoted to Piratebill has been promoted to Piratebill has been promoted to Piratebill has been promoted to Piratebill has been promoted to Piratebill has been promoted to Piratebill has been promoted to Pirate
I like shark meat, I used to fish for them and keep one or two every year. But those hanging up could not be eaten. You have to prep a shark when you catch them or it's like eating out of a toliet...only worse.
I have written letters and made phone calls in the past, not any good, I was told they would have to increase the entry fees ect so it was a no brainer. I'm all for keeping legal limits, just don't like to see the waste. This attracts $$ to the area. Many people think it's ok because it's sharks. (man eater and all) You can bank on it getting pulled if it was trout/bull reds ect hung up to spoil.
Does anyone know if any study has been done on the sharks caught? At least it would not be a total waste if information was collected.

bill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2006, 10:43 PM   #43
LongRodMaster
Fair chase fisherman!

LongRodMaster has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieLongRodMaster has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieLongRodMaster has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieLongRodMaster has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieLongRodMaster has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieLongRodMaster has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieLongRodMaster has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieLongRodMaster has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieLongRodMaster has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieLongRodMaster has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieLongRodMaster has been promoted to the rank of Swabbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by TC redfish
It's whining arses like these PETA tree huggers that will have fishing outlawed all together. No more needs to be said !!!!!
Actually it is ignorant rambelings like this that amaze me every day. Yes we are tree huggers and members of PETA move along now and go back to building sand castles or something..
Oh and by the way welcome to the board!
LongRodMaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2006, 11:08 PM   #44
marsea
Registered Users-pm+

marsea is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
That's a bull shark hanging up there.
Eric S
marsea is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2006, 12:32 AM   #45
Pier Rat

Pier Rat is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Pier Rat is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Pier Rat is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Pier Rat is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Pier Rat is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Pier Rat is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Pier Rat is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Pier Rat is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Pier Rat is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Pier Rat is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Pier Rat is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Looks like the tiger to me. Theres not a doubt in the world that big shark populations are declining. Just ask anyone that fished the 50's-60's. The reason why you don't see people with 12/0s-16/0s on the piers anymore is because THERE AREN'T MANY BIG SHARKS LEFT. I've been told by some old salts that back in the day when they caught 3'-6' sharks they would just cut them in half and send them back out with 2-5 hooks in them because these sharks were so common. A 6' shark is pretty darn good from the beach/pier nowadays. Obviously there are still some bigger, much bigger, but on most days you head out to the pier you won't see a shark over 6' caught. If you look at random sharks caught from piers/beach that are over 10', I'd guess at least 80% of them would be before the 80's. With the exception for the mako and thresher (extremely uncommon near shore), there hasn't be a broken state record in over 15 years. I've seen 5-6 people say this, and 3-4 people completely ignore it. ITS NOT SO MUCH THAT THEY KILLED THE SHARKS, ITS THAT THEY WASTED THEM. I'm done.
Pier Rat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2006, 08:16 AM   #46
wiggler
Registered Users-pm+

wiggler is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)wiggler is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)wiggler is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)wiggler is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)wiggler is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)wiggler is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)wiggler is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)wiggler is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)wiggler is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)wiggler is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)wiggler is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
there goes neverenough again!!!!!!!!!!!
wiggler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2006, 08:17 AM   #47
wiggler
Registered Users-pm+

wiggler is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)wiggler is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)wiggler is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)wiggler is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)wiggler is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)wiggler is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)wiggler is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)wiggler is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)wiggler is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)wiggler is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)wiggler is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Angry

"neverenough" time to say it all
wiggler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2006, 09:09 AM   #48
speckle-catcher
Registered Users-pm+

speckle-catcher has been promoted to Piratespeckle-catcher has been promoted to Piratespeckle-catcher has been promoted to Piratespeckle-catcher has been promoted to Piratespeckle-catcher has been promoted to Piratespeckle-catcher has been promoted to Piratespeckle-catcher has been promoted to Piratespeckle-catcher has been promoted to Piratespeckle-catcher has been promoted to Piratespeckle-catcher has been promoted to Piratespeckle-catcher has been promoted to Pirate
If you have a problem with Neverenough - you need to take it to PM's
speckle-catcher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2006, 09:22 AM   #49
mastercylinder
Registered Users-pm+

mastercylinder has been promoted to Piratemastercylinder has been promoted to Piratemastercylinder has been promoted to Piratemastercylinder has been promoted to Piratemastercylinder has been promoted to Piratemastercylinder has been promoted to Piratemastercylinder has been promoted to Piratemastercylinder has been promoted to Piratemastercylinder has been promoted to Piratemastercylinder has been promoted to Piratemastercylinder has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by TC redfish
i don't belong to "peta," but i am an outspoken proponent of conserving our natural resources, and not killing strictly in the name of "sport." i eat the fish i set out to catch. it is the ignorant whom do not understand this philosophy that need to be educated by those of us that do (which is most 2coolers).

fishing will never be outlawed, but there may come a day when there are no more fish for you to catch.

mastercylinder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message