Texas flip and move 2cool style - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > DIY (Do it yourself) forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2016, 09:34 PM   #1
Joejoe070
Registered Users-pm+

Joejoe070 has been promoted to PirateJoejoe070 has been promoted to PirateJoejoe070 has been promoted to PirateJoejoe070 has been promoted to PirateJoejoe070 has been promoted to PirateJoejoe070 has been promoted to PirateJoejoe070 has been promoted to PirateJoejoe070 has been promoted to PirateJoejoe070 has been promoted to PirateJoejoe070 has been promoted to PirateJoejoe070 has been promoted to Pirate
Texas flip and move 2cool style

I recently scooped this little old house for pretty good deal. I plan on doing the complete remodel myself. The fiancé and I our getting married next May and wanted to get or own place. We don't want to rent and don't want to live in the city either. So we starting off small. I moved it from down town Bryan Texas out to my grandfathers land in the Brazos bottom.Below are some pics of my progress so far. I'll try to post pics as work gets done it's a slow moving project so please be patient haha. Enjoy

Move day

Pre demo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Joejoe070 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2016, 09:55 PM   #2
Joejoe070
Registered Users-pm+

Joejoe070 has been promoted to PirateJoejoe070 has been promoted to PirateJoejoe070 has been promoted to PirateJoejoe070 has been promoted to PirateJoejoe070 has been promoted to PirateJoejoe070 has been promoted to PirateJoejoe070 has been promoted to PirateJoejoe070 has been promoted to PirateJoejoe070 has been promoted to PirateJoejoe070 has been promoted to PirateJoejoe070 has been promoted to Pirate
After demo

Old 07-31-2016, 09:57 PM   #3
Joejoe070
Registered Users-pm+

My dads a electrician and I'm a plumber so that's what we started with.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2016, 10:00 PM   #4
Joejoe070
Registered Users-pm+

I have more exterior work complete I'll try to post tomorrow stay tuned!!

Old 08-01-2016, 07:27 AM   #5
cubera
Registered Users-pm+

cubera has been promoted to Piratecubera has been promoted to Piratecubera has been promoted to Piratecubera has been promoted to Piratecubera has been promoted to Piratecubera has been promoted to Piratecubera has been promoted to Piratecubera has been promoted to Piratecubera has been promoted to Piratecubera has been promoted to Piratecubera has been promoted to Pirate
That's one major project.
Good luck.
cubera is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-2016, 03:23 PM   #6
saltwatersensations
One more cast....

saltwatersensations has been promoted to Piratesaltwatersensations has been promoted to Piratesaltwatersensations has been promoted to Piratesaltwatersensations has been promoted to Piratesaltwatersensations has been promoted to Piratesaltwatersensations has been promoted to Piratesaltwatersensations has been promoted to Piratesaltwatersensations has been promoted to Piratesaltwatersensations has been promoted to Piratesaltwatersensations has been promoted to Piratesaltwatersensations has been promoted to Pirate
Awesome. lots of work but fun and little to no debt!
saltwatersensations is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-2016, 06:49 PM   #7
Joejoe070
Registered Users-pm+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubera View Post
That's one major project.
Good luck.
Thanks! Yes it is major project but it will be worth it in the long run!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwatersensations View Post
Awesome. lots of work but fun and little to no debt!

Thanks man it's a lot for sure but I do enjoy it especially when I see a project complete and see change and progress.Very rewarding. Never thought I would enjoy Manuel labor haha!

So back to the business I decide to keep working on the exterior and not step foot inside until the outside is done. So I'll stay on task more and not start and stop projects and loose my train of thought.

After all rough in of plumbing I moved to replacing rotted wood along with insulating areas not insulated when wood was removed.

Once done with the siding. I kept moving and starting my skirting. I built These and anchored them to my bricks piers so I would have a place to secure the skirting at the bottom.

Old 08-01-2016, 07:44 PM   #8
Joejoe070
Registered Users-pm+

After the wood frame around the bottom of the house I put my skirting up. We are going for a very rustic cabin look so for skirting I went with some old tin pawpaw had laying around it was free and looks great.

I just recently put these corner pieces on this last week end. Going to try and leave that side with the utility pole open for now still have to run electricity to the shed and hook up septic system. After that I'll close it in with access door for the future.

This is where I'm at now. Next project I plan on starting is to build in a closest/utility room in the shed until I have a friend help me with window and doors so it can be done pretty quickly.
I might start building the wall this week end. And might start pressure washing old paint off and prepping all that good stuff. I went ahead and got most of my trim needed and decided adding a border around where the tin and siding meet to give it a lil extra pop. I'm holding off putting it on so I won't have to tape it of and worry about it when painting. We held up a 1x4 and 1x6 of cedar. We are going with the 1x6.

1x6

I'm itching to get it on but like I said I'm just going to be patient and wait for the Windows doors and paint.

Hopefully I'll have some more pics this weekend of a wall.

Old 08-03-2016, 07:05 AM   #9
jm423
Registered Users-pm+

jm423 has been promoted to Piratejm423 has been promoted to Piratejm423 has been promoted to Piratejm423 has been promoted to Piratejm423 has been promoted to Piratejm423 has been promoted to Piratejm423 has been promoted to Piratejm423 has been promoted to Piratejm423 has been promoted to Piratejm423 has been promoted to Piratejm423 has been promoted to Pirate
As they say "off to a good start, just lack a little finishing up". And you are getting free fertilizer in your yard!
jm423 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2016, 08:35 AM   #10
Joejoe070
Registered Users-pm+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm423 View Post
As they say "off to a good start, just lack a little finishing up". And you are getting free fertilizer in your yard!

Haha I don't mind the fertilizer for now but I will be putting a fence up sometime in the future. The other day they carpet bombed my back yard all around my path from the house to the shed had to play hopscotch when going back and forth!