Favorite bull red reels? - Page 7 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Gulf Coast Surf Fishing Message Board
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2008, 05:55 PM   #61
Sometimer
I can't Member

Sometimer has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerSometimer has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerSometimer has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerSometimer has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerSometimer has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerSometimer has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerSometimer has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerSometimer has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerSometimer has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerSometimer has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerSometimer has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
I use an Abu 6500 w/20lb Power Pro. My wife likes the Abu 5500 w/20lb Power Pro. The line test is all about setting the drag pressure with a scale so that it doesn't break. As far as line capacity; I wouldn't use a 5500 unless you have a boat to chase the fish down. I had to pull anchor and do that with one of my wife's bull reds. He nearly spooled her with the current. I set my drag with 20 lb test between 8 and 10 lbs. Makes it more fun! I just use the stiffer rods rated for about 25lb test, but I've had a guy fish with me that caught some big ones with an All Star flimsy popping cork rod with no problem. It seemed like it bent in two but didn't break though.
Sometimer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2008, 04:43 PM   #62
Captain Kyle
Banned

Captain Kyle has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieCaptain Kyle has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieCaptain Kyle has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieCaptain Kyle has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieCaptain Kyle has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieCaptain Kyle has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieCaptain Kyle has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieCaptain Kyle has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieCaptain Kyle has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieCaptain Kyle has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieCaptain Kyle has been promoted to the rank of Swabbie
The Van Staal VS150 in gold.
Captain Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2008, 05:00 PM   #63
PasadenaMan
Registered Users-pm+

PasadenaMan has been promoted to PiratePasadenaMan has been promoted to PiratePasadenaMan has been promoted to PiratePasadenaMan has been promoted to PiratePasadenaMan has been promoted to PiratePasadenaMan has been promoted to PiratePasadenaMan has been promoted to PiratePasadenaMan has been promoted to PiratePasadenaMan has been promoted to PiratePasadenaMan has been promoted to PiratePasadenaMan has been promoted to Pirate
Penn 320 gt2
PasadenaMan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2008, 06:07 PM   #64
6.5 shooter dude
Registered Users-pm+

6.5 shooter dude has been promoted to Pirate6.5 shooter dude has been promoted to Pirate6.5 shooter dude has been promoted to Pirate6.5 shooter dude has been promoted to Pirate6.5 shooter dude has been promoted to Pirate6.5 shooter dude has been promoted to Pirate6.5 shooter dude has been promoted to Pirate6.5 shooter dude has been promoted to Pirate6.5 shooter dude has been promoted to Pirate6.5 shooter dude has been promoted to Pirate6.5 shooter dude has been promoted to Pirate
Abu 6600 cl the rocket
6.5 shooter dude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2008, 08:10 PM   #65
Captain Kyle
Banned

Captain Kyle has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieCaptain Kyle has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieCaptain Kyle has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieCaptain Kyle has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieCaptain Kyle has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieCaptain Kyle has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieCaptain Kyle has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieCaptain Kyle has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieCaptain Kyle has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieCaptain Kyle has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieCaptain Kyle has been promoted to the rank of Swabbie
Curado 300 hands down. 30# powerpro, heavy action castaway. (throws about 2oz.)
Captain Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message