Amberjack jigs - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Bluewater Forums > Jigging & Popping Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2018, 06:44 AM   #11
Fin Dejo
Registered Users-pm+

Fin Dejo is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
i buy the cheap ebay ones for aj and snapper just so im not broken hearted when i get broke off
Fin Dejo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2018, 05:20 AM   #12
surfcowboy

surfcowboy has been promoted to Piratesurfcowboy has been promoted to Piratesurfcowboy has been promoted to Piratesurfcowboy has been promoted to Piratesurfcowboy has been promoted to Piratesurfcowboy has been promoted to Piratesurfcowboy has been promoted to Piratesurfcowboy has been promoted to Piratesurfcowboy has been promoted to Piratesurfcowboy has been promoted to Piratesurfcowboy has been promoted to Pirate
Siren jigs by H4L Jigs are one of my favorites.

https://youtu.be/wWvoWoVOCIM
Old 03-16-2018, 07:36 AM   #13
Dick Hanks
Pike

Dick Hanks has been promoted to PirateDick Hanks has been promoted to PirateDick Hanks has been promoted to PirateDick Hanks has been promoted to PirateDick Hanks has been promoted to PirateDick Hanks has been promoted to PirateDick Hanks has been promoted to PirateDick Hanks has been promoted to PirateDick Hanks has been promoted to PirateDick Hanks has been promoted to PirateDick Hanks has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by hog View Post
My favorite AMBERJACK - REEF DONKEY - ARM BRUISER - BAD MO-FO fish catch'n jigs are.... and how their fished.

Drop to bottom and speed jig about as fast as you can back up or at least thru the zone they are in. Look at your fishfinder if you can to see where they are. Even tho we all catch Reef Donkeys on the bottom. they predominantly hang out in mid depths.

AJ's just simply cant hardly resist these long jigs ripped past them.

CB Nagamasa around 280 gr In Pink
This is the ultimate AJ Jig IMO

a knock off or the Nagamasa
the Hopper Jig around 250 gr or heavier.
The long thin.... the others will catch them too, but not like the long thin one will IMO

OTI Jackal in Pink around 250-300 gr

OTI Turkey Slider, the longer the better in Pink...

I also have a personal designed jig that makes a bit of noise that works pretty darn good too...

One thing about speed jiggin long jigs, especially jigs that might have to be used that are heavier than the above ones are.

One of three or four things are gonna happen

1. Your gonna get hit by a king and loose your jig and your gonna cuss alot that you just thru $15 away

2. Your gonna cuss again because you hooked his Cousin Jack, thats a arm Burn'n Jack Cravelle that are fight'n machines only to be tossed back after expending all your energy.

3. your gonna cuss again because you hooked into Big Daddy AJ over 65# and are taking a royal bad whupp'n on a hot day because you forgot the NMAD a fishing belt.

4. your not gonna catch squat, the fish have Jig lock jaw, but, instead, you got one heck of a Jane Fonda workout on your arms and cardio

When that happens, simply reach down in the live well and put you about a 2-3# hard tail or beliner on, Drop down about half way and HANGGGGG ONNNNNNN.. S%#T'$ about to hit the fan...

you can catch AJ's on LOTS of styles of Jigs and colors, but the above are my personal favorites SO FAR

Good Luck to you all & Catch'm Up...

Hog
I think that Hog perfectly summed up everything about speed jigging AJs with this post. Everything is right on the money.

I keep tellin myself that I'm too old to be speed jigging for Donkeys, but I can't shake the addiction. It's the only thing that I have ever done that caused cramping in my forearms. I've got pills for that now.
Attached Images

Dick Hanks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2018, 04:50 PM   #14
Striker Tackle
Registered Users-pm+

Striker Tackle has been promoted to PirateStriker Tackle has been promoted to PirateStriker Tackle has been promoted to PirateStriker Tackle has been promoted to PirateStriker Tackle has been promoted to PirateStriker Tackle has been promoted to PirateStriker Tackle has been promoted to PirateStriker Tackle has been promoted to PirateStriker Tackle has been promoted to PirateStriker Tackle has been promoted to PirateStriker Tackle has been promoted to Pirate
The AJ's have been killing our flat sided jigs at www.strikertackle.com
Attached Images

Striker Tackle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message