Electronics - 1 larger screen vs 2 smaller screens - Page 3 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Fresh water forums > Freshwater Fishing General Discussion Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2019, 10:02 AM   #21
tbone2374
INFIDEL to Some, but Loves my Saviour

tbone2374 has been promoted to Piratetbone2374 has been promoted to Piratetbone2374 has been promoted to Piratetbone2374 has been promoted to Piratetbone2374 has been promoted to Piratetbone2374 has been promoted to Piratetbone2374 has been promoted to Piratetbone2374 has been promoted to Piratetbone2374 has been promoted to Piratetbone2374 has been promoted to Piratetbone2374 has been promoted to Pirate
Wow, Bass Pro Katy Mills Mall...picked up the Humminbird 10.1", and a Garmin 93sv, 9" for future Panoptic application. This give me two 10" units, side by side, for searching structure and brush piles...twice the coverage. It was misting fairly hard, that morning, and was glad I got there early(30 people in line, when I arrived 4:10am). by 5:00am, when they opened the doors, roughly 125 folks, lined all the way around the building...as I stated before, they only had 17 , of the Humminbird units, a few more, each, of the Lowrance and Garmin!
tbone2374 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2019, 04:30 PM   #22
Chase4556
US Army Aviation NSDQ!

Chase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to Pirate
Man I need to look into that Panoptix stuff. I watch a lot of Scott Martin youtube videos and he swears by it, but I never get a good look at what he sees on his screen. That was crazy how they can see the fish down there and even watch them come up once hooked.
Chase4556 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2019, 06:33 PM   #23
tbone2374

tbone2374 has been promoted to Piratetbone2374 has been promoted to Piratetbone2374 has been promoted to Piratetbone2374 has been promoted to Piratetbone2374 has been promoted to Piratetbone2374 has been promoted to Piratetbone2374 has been promoted to Piratetbone2374 has been promoted to Piratetbone2374 has been promoted to Piratetbone2374 has been promoted to Piratetbone2374 has been promoted to Pirate
I'm hoping either Humminbird, introduces a version (you just know they must have one, in the works) or Garmin, introduces, an updated version (cheaper than the $1499.00). Maybe, even Lowrance comes out with a version worth buying! (By far, worst of the lot) We'll see...
Old 12-05-2019, 05:56 AM   #24
shadslinger

shadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirate
I’m going lobby against live sonar fishing.
It’s cheating.
And y’all are going cheat yourselves right out of fish.
Don’t matter though the environment is going down fast and those endangered alligator gar are going to eat everything.
Let’s all stop right at the line of tech that my current HD’s 10 gen 2 is at.
That should do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 12-06-2019, 01:19 AM   #25
Mike S. 11
Registered Users-pm+

Mike S. 11 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Mike S. 11 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Mike S. 11 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Mike S. 11 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Mike S. 11 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Mike S. 11 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Mike S. 11 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Mike S. 11 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Mike S. 11 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Mike S. 11 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Mike S. 11 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)
I'm with you Loy, but anything more than what you have is overkill for you anyhow judging by your reports and how highly everyone speaks of your knowledge and skill. That new live stuff is amazing. Nothing I'll ever own as it"s just too pricey for my budget. I'm still running 10 year old stuff. I can catch fish using it,would just like a bigger screen to make it easier to read what I'm seeing. I grew up using nothing but a lowrance flasher and an old black and white Eagle unit that my dad and papaw taught me on. Amazing how far the technology has come.

Mike
Mike S. 11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2019, 07:59 AM   #26
shadslinger

shadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirate
Electronics - 1 larger screen vs 2 smaller screens

Mike I love my 10” screen these old eyes need it!
I bought my unit many years ago, the first or second year they came out.
Before it I used a monochrome “Cuda” $75 at Walmart.
I don’t catch any more fish than I did before I upgraded, just spend much less time finding them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 12-06-2019, 08:38 AM   #27
Mattsfishin
Registered Users-pm+

Mattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to Pirate
Loy I think it could be cheating also. Looks like people want to watch their electronics more than actual fishing. Maybe stay home and play video games ? Now on the other hand it does not matter what kind of electronics some people have they still could not catch a fish if it was in the boat with them.

Mike I also remember the days of the flasher. Remember when we would leave out of a marina and go about a mile, look for a fence line to show up cross it with another point and then we were on our fishing hole.

I am going to update my stuff this summer with hummingbird but none of this live stuff.
Mattsfishin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2019, 09:28 AM   #28
tbone2374

Electronics are an aid to finding structure, topographic differences, fish attractants, and eventually schools and individual fish. Logic and even common sense tells one, that if you can side scan for 40',60', or even 80' with side by side 10" units you will see more fish. No denying that. Finding more fish, usually relates to catching more, biting fish. Enough, said...…. Oh, except that some of us have 2nd place trophies, in the World Famous 2 Cool White Bass Tournament. That was lots, of fun!
Old 12-06-2019, 10:16 PM   #29
Mike S. 11
Registered Users-pm+

Mike S. 11 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Mike S. 11 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Mike S. 11 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Mike S. 11 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Mike S. 11 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Mike S. 11 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Mike S. 11 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Mike S. 11 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Mike S. 11 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Mike S. 11 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Mike S. 11 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)
I do remember those days vividly Matt. I can remember running wide open across Rayburn with my dad and all of the sudden that flasher would run up and down in a certain pattern and dad would spin around saying we're here. I also remember when we used to white bass fish Conroe on the humps down by the dam. We'd always line up in the intersection of the line between where Lakeview Marina is across to the flag pole at at the point to the south of Ayer's island, and the 4th gate opening on the dam itself and start our search grid from there. Never took us more than a couple minutes to get on it. Finding his brushpiles off of landmarks is another gift my dad has. It was simple fishing I grew up on like I'm sure most of us have. I don't believe I personally catch any more fish now than then either minus those hard days of fishing where your're running to 30 spots and then it will help me narrow down what looks productive.

Mike
Mike S. 11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message