AR Pistols - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Hunting and Shooting Forums > Firearms/Reloading/Handloading Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-14-2019, 08:43 PM   #11
MechAg94
Registered Users-pm+

MechAg94 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)MechAg94 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)MechAg94 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)MechAg94 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)MechAg94 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)MechAg94 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)MechAg94 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)MechAg94 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)MechAg94 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)MechAg94 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)MechAg94 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)
Palmetto State Armory is where I would start also unless you have something specific in mind. PSA has the AR pistol kits really cheap. I was thinking of getting their pistol build in 7.62x39.

I say start cheap and see if you like it first. My local gun shop had a Springfield Saint pistol in 5.56 that was returned after only a few rounds. I think the buyer didn't like the muzzle blast.

Last edited by MechAg94; 07-14-2019 at 08:52 PM.
MechAg94 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2019, 09:35 AM   #12
TxDuSlayer
TxDuSlayer

TxDuSlayer has been promoted to PirateTxDuSlayer has been promoted to PirateTxDuSlayer has been promoted to PirateTxDuSlayer has been promoted to PirateTxDuSlayer has been promoted to PirateTxDuSlayer has been promoted to PirateTxDuSlayer has been promoted to PirateTxDuSlayer has been promoted to PirateTxDuSlayer has been promoted to PirateTxDuSlayer has been promoted to PirateTxDuSlayer has been promoted to Pirate
Am looking for the same thing except I want AR9 with an 8 inch barrel. I really like the ones PSA has right now. The only function I don’t like is after last round fires bolt stays closed. Have seen Wilson Combat AR9 but lots mixed reviews about it and it starts around $2K. The only other feature it has to have is you can use glock mags in it. Any other suggestions?
TxDuSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2019, 05:52 AM   #13
chwoodall
Registered Users-pm+

chwoodall has been promoted to Piratechwoodall has been promoted to Piratechwoodall has been promoted to Piratechwoodall has been promoted to Piratechwoodall has been promoted to Piratechwoodall has been promoted to Piratechwoodall has been promoted to Piratechwoodall has been promoted to Piratechwoodall has been promoted to Piratechwoodall has been promoted to Piratechwoodall has been promoted to Pirate
Not sure of price range you are looking for, but look up a CMMG Banshee. Good guns but they are proud of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxDuSlayer View Post
Am looking for the same thing except I want AR9 with an 8 inch barrel. I really like the ones PSA has right now. The only function I don’t like is after last round fires bolt stays closed. Have seen Wilson Combat AR9 but lots mixed reviews about it and it starts around $2K. The only other feature it has to have is you can use glock mags in it. Any other suggestions?
chwoodall is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2019, 05:53 AM   #14
chwoodall
Registered Users-pm+

chwoodall has been promoted to Piratechwoodall has been promoted to Piratechwoodall has been promoted to Piratechwoodall has been promoted to Piratechwoodall has been promoted to Piratechwoodall has been promoted to Piratechwoodall has been promoted to Piratechwoodall has been promoted to Piratechwoodall has been promoted to Piratechwoodall has been promoted to Piratechwoodall has been promoted to Pirate

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
chwoodall is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2019, 06:14 AM   #15
amyacker
Registered Users-pm+

amyacker is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasspergoo View Post
I've been checking out AR pistols and thinking I might want one. Anybody have info on pro's/con's and what brand to look at?
Personally I don't think they're worth it unless you're going to run a suppressor. 14.5 pinned and welded is pretty compact already. Sig is another alternative of AR.
amyacker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2019, 08:28 AM   #16
mlw85547
Registered Users-pm+

mlw85547 has been promoted to Piratemlw85547 has been promoted to Piratemlw85547 has been promoted to Piratemlw85547 has been promoted to Piratemlw85547 has been promoted to Piratemlw85547 has been promoted to Piratemlw85547 has been promoted to Piratemlw85547 has been promoted to Piratemlw85547 has been promoted to Piratemlw85547 has been promoted to Piratemlw85547 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxDuSlayer View Post
last round bolt hold open was important for me too. I went with the FM products glock lower and it's LRBHO has been 95% good to go. Only issue i have had is with LRBHO not working is with glock mags with extensions and stock springs. Not enough tension to push it all up i guess. Magpul mags work great. seen as configured with optic, light, etc... was ~1200.
Attached Images

mlw85547 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2019, 01:09 PM   #17
Lezz Go

Lezz Go has been promoted to PirateLezz Go has been promoted to PirateLezz Go has been promoted to PirateLezz Go has been promoted to PirateLezz Go has been promoted to PirateLezz Go has been promoted to PirateLezz Go has been promoted to PirateLezz Go has been promoted to PirateLezz Go has been promoted to PirateLezz Go has been promoted to PirateLezz Go has been promoted to Pirate
I have a Radical 10.5" in 300 BLK. I'm running a Holosun 510C. Tons of fun to shoot. I want that green Banshee in 9mm next!
Lezz Go is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2019, 01:59 PM   #18
sgrem
Registered Users-pm+

sgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Pirate
A SBR 8" in 9mm..... hmmm.... sounds like a big unnecessarily ridiculously bulky pistol with a bad grip and a weird arm thing that you have to buy sights for....

Stupid to me but thats just me. Just get a dang pistol.

And seems like it negates the advantage of ballistics in every other caliber = no benefit and louder.

What is the draw to these things? Just cuz you can i guess. Rock on.
sgrem is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2019, 09:30 AM   #19
hurricane matt
Registered Users-pm+

hurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgrem View Post
A SBR 8" in 9mm..... hmmm.... sounds like a big unnecessarily ridiculously bulky pistol with a bad grip and a weird arm thing that you have to buy sights for....

Stupid to me but thats just me. Just get a dang pistol.

And seems like it negates the advantage of ballistics in every other caliber = no benefit and louder.

What is the draw to these things? Just cuz you can i guess. Rock on.
I cannot stand 556 report, something about it just that and 357 mag! Same thoughts above but hey, smoke em if you got em!
hurricane matt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message