Rub sticking to pan - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > BBQ & Grilling Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-03-2019, 06:25 AM   #1
ACC
Registered Users-pm+

ACC has been promoted to PirateACC has been promoted to PirateACC has been promoted to PirateACC has been promoted to PirateACC has been promoted to PirateACC has been promoted to PirateACC has been promoted to PirateACC has been promoted to PirateACC has been promoted to PirateACC has been promoted to PirateACC has been promoted to Pirate
Rub sticking to pan

Anybody know how to keep from losing your rub to the pan that the brisket has been refrigerated in? Half my rub stuck to the pans this morning. Perhaps I used too much oil. Perhaps it was caused by the fat side being down? Maybe some Saran Wrap in the bottom of the pan would help? But rub might stick worse to the Saran Wrap?
ACC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2019, 09:36 PM   #2
Leo
Registered Users-pm+

Leo has been promoted to PirateLeo has been promoted to PirateLeo has been promoted to PirateLeo has been promoted to PirateLeo has been promoted to PirateLeo has been promoted to PirateLeo has been promoted to PirateLeo has been promoted to PirateLeo has been promoted to PirateLeo has been promoted to PirateLeo has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACC View Post
Anybody know how to keep from losing your rub to the pan that the brisket has been refrigerated in? Half my rub stuck to the pans this morning. Perhaps I used too much oil. Perhaps it was caused by the fat side being down? Maybe some Saran Wrap in the bottom of the pan would help? But rub might stick worse to the Saran Wrap?
Try putting it on a rack. It’ll help the rub dry onto the meat as well.
Leo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2019, 07:44 AM   #3
SWFinatic
Registered Users-pm+

SWFinatic is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
SWFinatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACC View Post
I've always wrapped my brisket in plastic wrap after seasoning and never had a problem losing rub. The cling wrap won't work. Use traditional plastic wrap (I like the stuff from Walmart).
SWFinatic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2019, 11:43 AM   #4
BURTONboy
Registered Users-pm+

BURTONboy has been promoted to PirateBURTONboy has been promoted to PirateBURTONboy has been promoted to PirateBURTONboy has been promoted to PirateBURTONboy has been promoted to PirateBURTONboy has been promoted to PirateBURTONboy has been promoted to PirateBURTONboy has been promoted to PirateBURTONboy has been promoted to PirateBURTONboy has been promoted to PirateBURTONboy has been promoted to Pirate
Season one side and let sit for a maybe 20 minutes before flipping and seasoning other side. This will help tremendously. What i've been doing lately it seems, is seasoning the 'bottom' side and letting sit for awhile as I let the meat get to room temp, and then when I put it on the pit I season the 'top' side. That way I know i'll have one side well seasoned while it's on the pit and cooking. Seems the seasoning draws in better the warmer the meat is anyhow, so it should help to draw in pretty well while cooking for the first hour or so.
BURTONboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message