Norris Bay Pack - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Wade Fishing Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2019, 06:33 AM   #11
habanerojooz
Who said that was spicy?

habanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comeback View Post
ForeverLast just introduced a new Tote.
http://www.foreverlastonline.com/Cha...ote_p_128.html

I use this product because it works very well.

IMO, the double saddle bags idea worn over your shoulders is better than a side wearing messenger style single bag that drops down into the water. I get twice the carrying capacity with two storage areas and all lures remain 100% dry. The single side wearing slings are awkward and inefficient compared to this method.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
habanerojooz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2019, 04:02 PM   #12
Aggieangler
Fin-ish Fantasy ('93)

Aggieangler has been promoted to PirateAggieangler has been promoted to PirateAggieangler has been promoted to PirateAggieangler has been promoted to PirateAggieangler has been promoted to PirateAggieangler has been promoted to PirateAggieangler has been promoted to PirateAggieangler has been promoted to PirateAggieangler has been promoted to PirateAggieangler has been promoted to PirateAggieangler has been promoted to Pirate
Question

How adjustable are the straps on the saddle bags? I have found that something like this is usually too close to my neck to be comfortable when I have a slight resting area above my waist. I am looking at a sling now, as I am tired of a belt.

As far as slings go:
I looked at fishpond large, simms ambi, kastking pondhopper, and Okuma zero sweep. I ordered them all and got them here at the house to look through. For flyfishing, the Simms and Fishpond would have been fine. For conventional wading, they were too small to fit a full size tray, and would only fit one wading belt sized tray. The Ambi features on the Simms were nice, if you want to go over either shoulder. I am normally a Simms fan, but I don't think they make anything that will work for me in this area currently.

So far, the roomiest slings seem to be the Kastking (in a God awful orange) and the Okuma zero sweep in a dark grey. The Okuma is the winner on looks, but they both look like they can hold plenty of stuff, as both will hold 2 or 3 trays and a beer or two. They both have places to attach your pliers and clip in your net, if you use one. I'm still trying to choose between them before I decide which one to send back. Concerning prices, the Kastking is around $45 and the Okuma runs about $130 but seems to have a bit more organization options, as it has an interior pouch, with a separated pocket, which is completely flat, if you choose not to use it. I am leaning towards the Okuma because the Kastking, while almost as functional, has a slightly thinner strap, and for an Aggie, that orange is as ugly as all get out!

After I pick one and get a trip or two in, I will post up my review.

Also, I am 6 foot 1, 270, and I was wondering if I would have issues with the straps being too small or too short. Both the Kastking and Okuma bags have straps that seem like they fit where they should, with some extra room for expansion.

Last edited by Aggieangler; 05-10-2019 at 04:11 PM.
Aggieangler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2019, 07:36 AM   #13
habanerojooz
Who said that was spicy?

habanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Pirate
The straps are not adjustable on the saddle bag Foreverlast units. I understand what you're saying but I think you just need to try one on. They do not hug up against your neck or face. IMO, it is a much better functional design for keeping your lures out of the water.

Those other slings you showed would probably get wet on me unless I cinched it tight across my chest and wore the bag up near the top of my back to keep it from hanging in the water. If I'm in water over my waist, I can see that bag getting wet. The Foreverlast saddle bags do not get wet when I'm in water over my waist. The saddle bags stay dry the entire time.

The slings have more space for sure. I try not to over pack when wading. I'm only in the water for an hour or so, shorter if they're not biting. There's only so many baits I can (or want to) throw in that wading period. A small Plano box for my treble hook baits, a few bags of plastics, and some jig heads are all that I wade with.

Last edited by habanerojooz; 05-12-2019 at 07:42 AM.
habanerojooz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2019, 06:01 PM   #14
Rberto
Registered Users-pm+

Rberto is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
If anyone can get a message to Norris, tell him I still have his bag he made for me when we worked at canyon lake water company together. I just cleaned it out today and still looks new. It was made in 99-2000
Rberto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2019, 09:20 PM   #15
Doppler
Registered Users-pm+

Doppler has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Doppler has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Doppler has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Doppler has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Doppler has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Doppler has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Doppler has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Doppler has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Doppler has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Doppler has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Doppler has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)
Have you checked out the landers gear bags? They are tough tough tough and designed to be rinsed with all the gear inside - pretty innovative for a gear bag, wading livewell instead of stringer or bait holder, or anything else really. We used one for carrying groceries on and off the boat for an offshore trip - check it out

Landersfishing.com
Doppler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2019, 09:16 AM   #16
Doppler
Registered Users-pm+

Doppler has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Doppler has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Doppler has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Doppler has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Doppler has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Doppler has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Doppler has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Doppler has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Doppler has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Doppler has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Doppler has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)
check out the landers bags from landersfishing.com
Doppler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2019, 04:37 PM   #17
Happy husband happy wife
Not Confirmed

Happy husband happy wife is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Would you be willing to sell your Norris Bay Pack? My husband has had his forever. Just this last weekend it flew out of the boat he was riding in and someone else picked it up before they could get to it. I am trying to replace his pack. That pack meant more to him then all of his gear that was in it. If you are willing to sell yours, do you know where I can get one for him?
Happy husband happy wife is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-2019, 10:31 PM   #18
ALAZANMAN
Registered Users-pm+

ALAZANMAN is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Norris Bay Pack

Does anyone have a picture of one? I may be able to replicate it or something close to it.
ALAZANMAN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message