Florida Vacation with Boat - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > TTMB > TTMB
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-18-2019, 08:15 AM   #11
photofishin
Registered Users-pm+

photofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaIsleDweller View Post
Thanks for the suggestions I'll do a little more research. I don't like renting boats rather drag my own down there, we have in the past rented pontoon boats etc but you have to be on a time schedule.
We have family in Destin and go 2-3 times a year and have been for many years. I take my bay boat with me. I prefer to fish in Pensacola as the fishing pressure is MUCH less than Destin and the beaches are just as nice. There are several ramps that are nice ramps and give you quick access to Pensacola Pass. I use the Shoreline Park Boat Ramp in Gulf Breeze.
There's also a sunken ship called the Massachusetts (The Mass) about a mile from Pensacola Pass. It's easy to find as you'll see 20 or so boats on it every morning getting bait. I've never NOT caught bait there...hard tails, cigar minnows, piggies etc. Take a light tackle spinning combo, use the smaller size sabikis. Go out side the pass and to the buoy by the mass. Cut really small pieces of squid and attach to each hook. Put a 2oz weight on the bottom and toss over schools of bait. They will hit it while reeling but let it fall kind of like an easy jigging motion. Once you feel one on start reeling SLOW so that the others in the group will get excited and bite.

As far as spots...just google gps spots for fishing Pensacola. Here's a decent site- https://www.mbtdivers.com/divesitespensacola.html
There are thousands of manmade reefs, natural bottom etc. You don't have to go far for decent fishing and The Edge is only 35 miles offshore. Last year we caught our limit of snapper one day averaging 15lbs inside 12 miles and caught 8 grouper the next day about 30 miles out.
photofishin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2019, 08:53 AM   #12
SeaIsleDweller
Registered Users-pm+

SeaIsleDweller has been promoted to PirateSeaIsleDweller has been promoted to PirateSeaIsleDweller has been promoted to PirateSeaIsleDweller has been promoted to PirateSeaIsleDweller has been promoted to PirateSeaIsleDweller has been promoted to PirateSeaIsleDweller has been promoted to PirateSeaIsleDweller has been promoted to PirateSeaIsleDweller has been promoted to PirateSeaIsleDweller has been promoted to PirateSeaIsleDweller has been promoted to Pirate
thank you for the tips guys! Last year when we rented a pontoon out of ft walton beach we just cruised down the back bay area and stopped at a few sandbars I liked how it was less crowded than Destin ... will start looking around and booking soon. Leaving the boat at a Marina is also a good idea that may work for us. My boat has a t-top on it, would there be any major stress concerns long distance towing for the top? I was thinking to just take the canvas off to reduce drag.

Last edited by SeaIsleDweller; 04-18-2019 at 08:59 AM.
SeaIsleDweller is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message