Corpus Christi Bay report - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Individual Fishing & Game Reports
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-04-2019, 09:49 PM   #1
SKIPJACKSLAYER
Registered Users-pm+

SKIPJACKSLAYER has been promoted to PirateSKIPJACKSLAYER has been promoted to PirateSKIPJACKSLAYER has been promoted to PirateSKIPJACKSLAYER has been promoted to PirateSKIPJACKSLAYER has been promoted to PirateSKIPJACKSLAYER has been promoted to PirateSKIPJACKSLAYER has been promoted to PirateSKIPJACKSLAYER has been promoted to PirateSKIPJACKSLAYER has been promoted to PirateSKIPJACKSLAYER has been promoted to PirateSKIPJACKSLAYER has been promoted to Pirate
Corpus Christi Bay report

Waded the north western side of Corpus Christi Bay along a sandy beach like terrain near the port entry on Tuesday. Water was heating up as the sun came out, and water was sandy green. Moon major from 12-2. No action at first, but lots of very small glass minnows everywhere. Was throwing a soft dine letting it fall as long as possible. Started getting aggressive strikes around 12:30, caught one 16” trout and lost a few others. Then the bite just stopped. Continued fishing through the major, and at 1:30 the bite picked up again. I tied on a double rig with a 1/16 oz jig, followed by a weedless/weightless hook. Both rigged with bass assassin paddle tails that looked close to glass minnows. Very slow fall and would get aggressive strikes with minimal hook ups. Water flushed in and out viscously as tankers came in and out of port, causing dangerous tide swings if one wasn’t prepared for it. Wading chest deep in waders out there could be a life threatening situation. Belly deep water turned into knee deep in 30 seconds, then pummeled with huge waves from the front, and then bouncing back off the beach and hammering you again on the way out. Some waves I had to jump over, and I’m 6’1”. Deep deep holes nearby too. I have seen this kind of activity create artificial current and create feeding windows, but this was not the case. Haven’t got the spring time dialed in here in Corpus yet, but when my boat is finished I plan on figuring it out instead of just walking into a handful of spots I’ve accumulated. If not this spring then next. Good to be on the water grinding it out though. Bite stopped again at 2:00 and I had to roll out and take my son to his baseball hitting lesson. Heres a pic of my 19’ stoner cat, she’s almost ready for rigging. Till next time
Attached Images

SKIPJACKSLAYER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2019, 08:14 AM   #2
WillieT
Registered Users-pm+

WillieT has been promoted to PirateWillieT has been promoted to PirateWillieT has been promoted to PirateWillieT has been promoted to PirateWillieT has been promoted to PirateWillieT has been promoted to PirateWillieT has been promoted to PirateWillieT has been promoted to PirateWillieT has been promoted to PirateWillieT has been promoted to PirateWillieT has been promoted to Pirate
Good report and great looking sled.
WillieT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2019, 01:47 PM   #3
acoastalbender
Registered Users-pm+

acoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirate
Good post ...
acoastalbender is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2019, 03:35 PM   #4
pocjetty
I hate rude behavior in a man.

pocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Pirate
That's a good report. Thanks. That's also a nice boat, and you've got her looking good. Make sure and show us the finished product.

The small bait had showed up, and then that last late cold front hit and everything just disappeared. I was just thinking yesterday that I'm getting a little worried that some patterns might have changed, because of how late it is with zero bait. Then this morning, like magic, everything showed back up. Sheepshead cruising, glass minnows, and even the little groups of piggies. All is right with the world again.
pocjetty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2019, 06:29 PM   #5
c hook
Registered Users-pm+

c hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Pirate
tarpon very nice

beautiful boat, the hull looks new. be perfect for your area.
c hook is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2019, 09:50 AM   #6
troutsupport
Site Sponsor

troutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Pirate
Glad your getting back to fishing. Hows the hand/arm healing up?

Oh yeah, in the Tide and Current clip we made we suggest only fishing barge traffic areas like the ICW and not the tanker ship channels... it's just not safe nor fun.
Old 04-07-2019, 08:13 PM   #7
SKIPJACKSLAYER
Registered Users-pm+

SKIPJACKSLAYER has been promoted to PirateSKIPJACKSLAYER has been promoted to PirateSKIPJACKSLAYER has been promoted to PirateSKIPJACKSLAYER has been promoted to PirateSKIPJACKSLAYER has been promoted to PirateSKIPJACKSLAYER has been promoted to PirateSKIPJACKSLAYER has been promoted to PirateSKIPJACKSLAYER has been promoted to PirateSKIPJACKSLAYER has been promoted to PirateSKIPJACKSLAYER has been promoted to PirateSKIPJACKSLAYER has been promoted to Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutsupport View Post
Glad your getting back to fishing. Hows the hand/arm healing up?

Oh yeah, in the Tide and Current clip we made we suggest only fishing barge traffic areas like the ICW and not the tanker ship channels... it's just not safe nor fun.

The hand is healing nicely thank you! Been lifting weights again, playing full court basketball and have been wade fishing for multiple 5+ hour sessions with no issues. Even tussled some big bull reds near shore and my hand is holding up well. Yeah that area doesn’t get as many tankers as say the Texas city dike but when they do come you better watch out! I used to do good near meacoms in West Galveston bay when the barges came through the intracoastal. All that artificial current they created was enough to trigger some feeding, while small enough to be safe around. I was trying to match the hatch the other day and that’s why I tied on a double rig to initiate small glass minnows. If only you made an extra small version of your grass walkers... those on a double rig, with weightless screw-lock hooks, would be absolutely lethal for catching fish when they are gorging on glass minnows!
SKIPJACKSLAYER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message