Not sure what they were doing - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2019, 08:00 AM   #1
TU MO KASSTS
get some!

TU MO KASSTS has been promoted to PirateTU MO KASSTS has been promoted to PirateTU MO KASSTS has been promoted to PirateTU MO KASSTS has been promoted to PirateTU MO KASSTS has been promoted to PirateTU MO KASSTS has been promoted to PirateTU MO KASSTS has been promoted to PirateTU MO KASSTS has been promoted to PirateTU MO KASSTS has been promoted to PirateTU MO KASSTS has been promoted to PirateTU MO KASSTS has been promoted to Pirate
Not sure what they were doing

I rolled up to my south shoreline trying to hit the low tide in the middle of the night last night. I saw 2 headlights way out from shore and it took me a long time to figure out they weren't kayakers (they were waders). The lights would spread out from one another for a while and then come together. From what I saw they were using a net between themselves and then pulling the fish out of the net. I saw them pull at least two 20"+ fish out of the net (species unknown). It seems like they were seining but I'm not sure. Is this legal? I didn't want to investigate further.
TU MO KASSTS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2019, 08:17 AM   #2
WillieT
Registered Users-pm+

WillieT has been promoted to PirateWillieT has been promoted to PirateWillieT has been promoted to PirateWillieT has been promoted to PirateWillieT has been promoted to PirateWillieT has been promoted to PirateWillieT has been promoted to PirateWillieT has been promoted to PirateWillieT has been promoted to PirateWillieT has been promoted to PirateWillieT has been promoted to Pirate
Sounds fishy to me. I would think the legality would depend on the species being kept.
WillieT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2019, 08:20 AM   #3
Bayoutalker
Registered Users-pm+

Bayoutalker has been promoted to PirateBayoutalker has been promoted to PirateBayoutalker has been promoted to PirateBayoutalker has been promoted to PirateBayoutalker has been promoted to PirateBayoutalker has been promoted to PirateBayoutalker has been promoted to PirateBayoutalker has been promoted to PirateBayoutalker has been promoted to PirateBayoutalker has been promoted to PirateBayoutalker has been promoted to Pirate
When in doubt report it to the game warden. They can handle the investigation and determine if illegal activity is going on.

800 792-GAME Operation Game Thief.

Cliff
Bayoutalker is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2019, 08:26 AM   #4
Postman
Registered Users-pm+

Postman has been promoted to PiratePostman has been promoted to PiratePostman has been promoted to PiratePostman has been promoted to PiratePostman has been promoted to PiratePostman has been promoted to PiratePostman has been promoted to PiratePostman has been promoted to PiratePostman has been promoted to PiratePostman has been promoted to PiratePostman has been promoted to Pirate
Pretty sure gill netting any species in Texas is not legal. Seining for bait I believe is, but if you're keeping something 20" for bait, how big is what your fishing for.
Postman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2019, 08:28 AM   #5
sgrem
Registered Users-pm+

sgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Pirate
https://youtu.be/t6PIezbAJSE

1-800-792-GAME

Or can text whatever you see too: 847411
sgrem is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2019, 10:37 AM   #6
LaddH
Registered Users-pm+

LaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to Pirate
Max seine length for catching bait in saltwater is 20 feet so if they were over about 15 feet apart they were probably using an illegal net.

Seine

A seine is a section of non-metallic mesh webbing, with the top edge buoyed upwards by a floatline and the bottom edge weighted. Includes a push net.

Legal only for taking nongame fish and other aquatic animal life including crabs, crayfish, and shrimp.
May not be longer than 20 feet.
May not have mesh exceeding 1/2-inch square.
Must be manually operated.
In salt water, nongame fish may be taken by seine for bait purposes only.
LaddH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message