Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Boating Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2019, 04:54 PM   #1
SLC
Registered Users-pm+

SLC is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
New Shoalwater 20' or 21' Advice

I will be purchasing a new boat and am trying to decide between the Shoalwater 20 or 21. I normally fish by myself or with one other person. I fish Tampa Bay in Florida and on a typical day only cover about ten miles. I do cross the bay so some one and two foot chop is typical. My boat will have a raised console, twin power poles and a trolling motor. Speed in not important, as long as I can cruise in the upper 20’s and come home in the 30’s I am happy.
Any suggestions or advice will be appreciated.
SLC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2019, 07:02 AM   #2
caddis
Registered Users-pm+

caddis has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMastercaddis has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMastercaddis has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMastercaddis has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMastercaddis has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMastercaddis has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMastercaddis has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMastercaddis has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMastercaddis has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMastercaddis has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMastercaddis has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMaster
Talk to Jared at Waypoint Marine in Corpus Christi.
caddis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2019, 04:25 PM   #3
SSST
Registered Users-pm+

SSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to Pirate
Sounds like a 20' with a 150 will be more than enough for you. It'll cruise in the upper 30's.
SSST is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2019, 11:35 AM   #4
SLC
Registered Users-pm+

I would appreciate any additional input.
Old 11-21-2019, 12:58 PM   #5
SSST
Registered Users-pm+

SSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to Pirate
The perform very similar, the 21' is rated up to a 250, so you can have alot faster boat if you go up to it. The 20 is made with taller sides, and i guess it would be a little drier ride. As far as shallow, they will be very close. You can option them out the same, with raised consoles or low profile. The 20' will probably save you 3-5k to start with. Personally, I like the lower sides of the 21' because I wade, but that's just me.
SSST is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2019, 05:55 PM   #6
rsuniga
Registered Users-pm+

rsuniga has been promoted to Piratersuniga has been promoted to Piratersuniga has been promoted to Piratersuniga has been promoted to Piratersuniga has been promoted to Piratersuniga has been promoted to Piratersuniga has been promoted to Piratersuniga has been promoted to Piratersuniga has been promoted to Piratersuniga has been promoted to Piratersuniga has been promoted to Pirate
21’ Shoalwater

Hi I bought a 21’ for myself and most of time fish alone and do fish up to four at times but had an Illusion before and that’s like night and day the ride is way smoother and way better in chop ribs threw it with ease I run it wide open with a 200 four stroke Suzuki and runs 44-46. Know you don’t care about speed but running it wide open in chip eats it up and handles it. Have raised console with 50 gallon and power pole 24 bolt troll motor and four batteries. They do run about the same but if your going to buy one I would go 21’ for the extra so you can run a bit more just in case you need to get back before storm hits or just to have that little extra.
Attached Images

rsuniga is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2019, 07:34 AM   #7
Tt321
Registered Users-pm+

Tt321 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
The 20 and 21 cats are different designs seperated by more than just 1' lenth. The 21 is wider, requires more HP and larger tandem trailer. I have fished the 20 for over a year mostly solo or on guest and it does exaclty what you want. Cruise mid 30's and top speed at 42 with etec 150 and 4 blade hole shot prop. 1 to 2' chop is no problem. In 2' I trim bow down quite a bit and stay on throttle. Dry ride. Dont see many videos from FL fishing very shallow but if needed the 20' runs very shallow. I don't know how shallow as I don't dare stop and measure but inches for sure. Either boat is a solid choice. Get the electric trim tabs, they were an option on the 20cat at Waypoint.
Tt321 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2019, 11:39 AM   #8
SLC
Registered Users-pm+

Do you have the riser or elevated console?