2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Anyone buying GOLD lately?

3K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  bvoss_12 
#1 ·
I'm curious to know if anyone else thinks that now is the time to buy.

#5 ·
Predicting commodity prices is at best a **** shoot. Actually, you have better odds with rolling the dice.

I have my own system for commodities investing...developed over many years of dice throwing . Underline investing and not speculative trading. The key elements are:

1) buy gold below $1200 per ounce
2) Sell gold over $1700 per
3) buy oil below $40 per barrel
4) sell oil above $70 per barrel
5) never mess with silver

About one year ago, I was buying gold and holding/buying oil bought at $30 per. Now, I'm looking to sell oil and waiting for gold to run further.

Why no silver? Too much market manipulation for me. Most of those folks pushing silver are charging at least 30% commissions...and it takes a pretty good run just to break even.

#7 ·
Don't mind at all for someone as nice as That Robbie Guy.

I buy and sell the GLD SPDR Gold Trust. There are other good ETF's but I have had excellent results with this one.

For physical Gold to buy and hold, I use the US Mint. Years ago, I looked into some of these Gold pushers on the open market and they charge exorbitant commission fees...upwards of 30%. It would take a move of $300 to $400 per ounce just to break even with them...no thanks. Those "commissions" more than pay for their ridiculous TV and Radio commercials which make outlandish claims.

I have a secure safety deposit box in which I keep physical Gold American Eagle uncirculated perfect proof coins. They make totally outstanding gifts to family as well as provide a great investment...if you buy it right.

For Oil, I like US Oil which is an ETF pegged to the West Texas intermediate crude price. Again, there are certainly other good ETF's which are out there.

Don't listen to anyone who says a cut in Oil production won't affect Oil prices, LOL; it could cost you a fortune in missed investment opportunities!!

#8 ·
GMRgold.com

There is only ONE place locally to buy gold, silver and platinum: GMRgold.com

Charlie is amazing....he fishes with me from time to time in Costa Rica.

I buy a monster box for each of my kids on their birthday every year - I plan on handing them over on their 18th.

GMRgold.com also offers monthly subscriptions for those who don't want to think too hard about it:
https://www.gmrgold.com/subscriptions.html

A portion of proceeds go to military foundations too.

Good people.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.