Dealer's choice poker (wild cards optional) 4 50.00%
Euchre 2 25.00%
Pinochle 2 25.00%
Canasta 2 25.00%
OTHER: enter other card games in your reply post 5 62.50%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-12-2016, 10:27 PM   #11
bearwhiz

bearwhiz has been promoted to Piratebearwhiz has been promoted to Piratebearwhiz has been promoted to Piratebearwhiz has been promoted to Piratebearwhiz has been promoted to Piratebearwhiz has been promoted to Piratebearwhiz has been promoted to Piratebearwhiz has been promoted to Piratebearwhiz has been promoted to Piratebearwhiz has been promoted to Piratebearwhiz has been promoted to Pirate
Its never mattered to me which game is played, but rather the company I'm playing with.
bearwhiz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2016, 11:10 PM   #12
pknight6
philo

pknight6 has been promoted to Piratepknight6 has been promoted to Piratepknight6 has been promoted to Piratepknight6 has been promoted to Piratepknight6 has been promoted to Piratepknight6 has been promoted to Piratepknight6 has been promoted to Piratepknight6 has been promoted to Piratepknight6 has been promoted to Piratepknight6 has been promoted to Piratepknight6 has been promoted to Pirate
I used to play a lot of pinochle and euchre many years ago. My exes family was from Michigan. I played canasta with my grandmother for many years until she passed away. My current wife's family plays a card game called hand and foot that is a blast. It is similar to canasta, with a few key differences. My parents used to play a lot of different games (phase 10, skip-bo, rummikube, etc). I Introduced them to hand and foot and now that is all they play. Unfortunately, I am in La Porte, so it would be a little far to go for a card game.
pknight6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2016, 02:08 PM   #13
BobBobber
BobBobber

BobBobber has been promoted to PirateBobBobber has been promoted to PirateBobBobber has been promoted to PirateBobBobber has been promoted to PirateBobBobber has been promoted to PirateBobBobber has been promoted to PirateBobBobber has been promoted to PirateBobBobber has been promoted to PirateBobBobber has been promoted to PirateBobBobber has been promoted to PirateBobBobber has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearwhiz View Post
Its never mattered to me which game is played, but rather the company I'm playing with.
X2!!!!
BobBobber is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2016, 02:11 PM   #14
BobBobber
BobBobber

BobBobber has been promoted to PirateBobBobber has been promoted to PirateBobBobber has been promoted to PirateBobBobber has been promoted to PirateBobBobber has been promoted to PirateBobBobber has been promoted to PirateBobBobber has been promoted to PirateBobBobber has been promoted to PirateBobBobber has been promoted to PirateBobBobber has been promoted to PirateBobBobber has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknight6 View Post
Unfortunately, I am in La Porte, so it would be a little far to go for a card game.
Simple solution is to sell your house and move closer. Another pinochle player and we cannot get a game going . . . sad.
Old 08-13-2016, 03:04 PM   #15
driftwood
Registered Users-pm+

driftwood has been promoted to Piratedriftwood has been promoted to Piratedriftwood has been promoted to Piratedriftwood has been promoted to Piratedriftwood has been promoted to Piratedriftwood has been promoted to Piratedriftwood has been promoted to Piratedriftwood has been promoted to Piratedriftwood has been promoted to Piratedriftwood has been promoted to Piratedriftwood has been promoted to Pirate
Pinochle, played a lot of that in the service 50 years ago. Played bridge for a while. Was going to join a duplicate bridge club but after one night decided they were much too serious for my blood. Canasta and 42 way back when I had neighbors that liked to play. Moon was a lot of fun at a neighborhood bar that was close by years ago. Played holdum for a while when the bars were throwing away free money. Now I play 31 with my daughter's family when I visit.

As mentioned it's the company that makes a game enjoyable.

You can find a serious game at Baytown Texas Billiards 3 or 4 days a week. They use to alternate between pinochle and dominoes but they do smoke even though there is a city ordinance against it. And they play for blood.
driftwood is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2016, 04:25 PM   #16
BobBobber
BobBobber

Where do you live Driftwood. If anywhere close to Willis or Conroe, let's get a game going?

Unfortunately, I couldn't be around smokers at the bar you mentioned. I have lung issues and bring along a little oxygen thing, so smoking is out around me.
Old 08-13-2016, 08:16 PM   #17
Tortuga
El Viejo

Tortuga has been promoted to PirateTortuga has been promoted to PirateTortuga has been promoted to PirateTortuga has been promoted to PirateTortuga has been promoted to PirateTortuga has been promoted to PirateTortuga has been promoted to PirateTortuga has been promoted to PirateTortuga has been promoted to PirateTortuga has been promoted to PirateTortuga has been promoted to Pirate
What the heck ever happened to Gin Rummy.. Seen a lots of cash change hands in that one...

Guess I'm just too old...
Tortuga is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2016, 08:54 AM   #18
driftwood
Registered Users-pm+

driftwood has been promoted to Piratedriftwood has been promoted to Piratedriftwood has been promoted to Piratedriftwood has been promoted to Piratedriftwood has been promoted to Piratedriftwood has been promoted to Piratedriftwood has been promoted to Piratedriftwood has been promoted to Piratedriftwood has been promoted to Piratedriftwood has been promoted to Piratedriftwood has been promoted to Pirate
Gin Rummy, O Yeah! In the early 60's when this country boy first came to Houston had a bar maid on S Main that would clean me out of my $3-$5 but she let me buy beer at 19 so all was good.

Bob, I'm much too far away for gaming about 80 miles.
driftwood is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2016, 01:32 PM   #19
BobBobber
BobBobber

We found several seniors at The Woodlands community ctr for seniors. We play pinochle and canasta on two separate days weekly. Also play poker on Thursday nights. In short, my personal needs for card games are full.

We could never get enough 2cool members to agree on one game to begin anything. And it's cooler now, so most of us are probably fishing.

In other words, my interest in this thread that I started is finished. If somebody else wants to keep it going, please go right ahead.