For you knife sharpeners..... - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Hobbies Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2016, 08:58 AM   #11
Jerry-rigged
Fishing from a paddle boat...

Jerry-rigged has been promoted to PirateJerry-rigged has been promoted to PirateJerry-rigged has been promoted to PirateJerry-rigged has been promoted to PirateJerry-rigged has been promoted to PirateJerry-rigged has been promoted to PirateJerry-rigged has been promoted to PirateJerry-rigged has been promoted to PirateJerry-rigged has been promoted to PirateJerry-rigged has been promoted to PirateJerry-rigged has been promoted to Pirate
Speaking of sharpening knives, anyone here rehab knives?

My wife bought a fancy Japanese knife - Shun - some how the edge has started chipping. Need regrinding.
Jerry-rigged is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2016, 11:14 PM   #12
killintime
Registered Users-pm+

killintime has been promoted to the rank of Riggerkillintime has been promoted to the rank of Riggerkillintime has been promoted to the rank of Riggerkillintime has been promoted to the rank of Riggerkillintime has been promoted to the rank of Riggerkillintime has been promoted to the rank of Riggerkillintime has been promoted to the rank of Riggerkillintime has been promoted to the rank of Riggerkillintime has been promoted to the rank of Riggerkillintime has been promoted to the rank of Riggerkillintime has been promoted to the rank of Rigger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker0420 View Post
I use the wicked edge. Has the lansky but never liked it. Moved over to the wicked edge and it's a whole different animal. More precise angles!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THIS x2!!! Wicked edge is awesome
killintime is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2016, 10:31 AM   #13
sergeant69
live oak river rat. born a desert rat

sergeant69 has been promoted to the rank of Riggersergeant69 has been promoted to the rank of Riggersergeant69 has been promoted to the rank of Riggersergeant69 has been promoted to the rank of Riggersergeant69 has been promoted to the rank of Riggersergeant69 has been promoted to the rank of Riggersergeant69 has been promoted to the rank of Riggersergeant69 has been promoted to the rank of Riggersergeant69 has been promoted to the rank of Riggersergeant69 has been promoted to the rank of Riggersergeant69 has been promoted to the rank of Rigger
used to sell lanskys in my store and 9 times out of 10 had refund the $$. junk.
sergeant69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2016, 02:10 PM   #14
SeaY'all
Registered Users-pm+

SeaY'all has been promoted to PirateSeaY'all has been promoted to PirateSeaY'all has been promoted to PirateSeaY'all has been promoted to PirateSeaY'all has been promoted to PirateSeaY'all has been promoted to PirateSeaY'all has been promoted to PirateSeaY'all has been promoted to PirateSeaY'all has been promoted to PirateSeaY'all has been promoted to PirateSeaY'all has been promoted to Pirate
I used to use the lansky and found a four sided block at harbor freight for about 12 bucks. I have used it for years and love it. I just looked it up online and they are 12.99 now. I got a few to leave in different places
SeaY'all is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2016, 02:30 PM   #15
ATE_UP_FISHERMAN
RODS DOWN!! LET THE BOAT BUZZARD PASS.

ATE_UP_FISHERMAN has been promoted to PirateATE_UP_FISHERMAN has been promoted to PirateATE_UP_FISHERMAN has been promoted to PirateATE_UP_FISHERMAN has been promoted to PirateATE_UP_FISHERMAN has been promoted to PirateATE_UP_FISHERMAN has been promoted to PirateATE_UP_FISHERMAN has been promoted to PirateATE_UP_FISHERMAN has been promoted to PirateATE_UP_FISHERMAN has been promoted to PirateATE_UP_FISHERMAN has been promoted to PirateATE_UP_FISHERMAN has been promoted to Pirate
I have been using my Lansky for years it works great for me. Most people do not know how to properly set them up. I will usually sharpen several knives at one sitting. When I'm done you can easily shave with them.
ATE_UP_FISHERMAN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2016, 04:23 PM   #16
mas360
Registered Users-pm+

mas360 has been promoted to Piratemas360 has been promoted to Piratemas360 has been promoted to Piratemas360 has been promoted to Piratemas360 has been promoted to Piratemas360 has been promoted to Piratemas360 has been promoted to Piratemas360 has been promoted to Piratemas360 has been promoted to Piratemas360 has been promoted to Piratemas360 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker0420 View Post
I use the wicked edge. Has the lansky but never liked it. Moved over to the wicked edge and it's a whole different animal. More precise angles!

There is a huge price difference betweent the two options.
mas360 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2016, 11:02 AM   #17
Parker0420
Registered Users-pm+

Parker0420 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
It's a huge dent in the wallet. But I think it's worth it for my expensive knives and the customs I make.

Parker0420 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2016, 01:12 PM   #18
Svajda
Registered Users-pm+

Svajda has been promoted to PirateSvajda has been promoted to PirateSvajda has been promoted to PirateSvajda has been promoted to PirateSvajda has been promoted to PirateSvajda has been promoted to PirateSvajda has been promoted to PirateSvajda has been promoted to PirateSvajda has been promoted to PirateSvajda has been promoted to PirateSvajda has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry-rigged View Post

My wife bought a fancy Japanese knife - Shun - some how the edge has started chipping. Need regrinding.

Take it back to wherever you bought it and ask them.

I have a couple of them and love them.
Svajda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2016, 12:32 PM   #19
Coast Rider
Registered Users-pm+

Coast Rider has been promoted to the rank of BosunCoast Rider has been promoted to the rank of BosunCoast Rider has been promoted to the rank of BosunCoast Rider has been promoted to the rank of BosunCoast Rider has been promoted to the rank of BosunCoast Rider has been promoted to the rank of BosunCoast Rider has been promoted to the rank of BosunCoast Rider has been promoted to the rank of BosunCoast Rider has been promoted to the rank of BosunCoast Rider has been promoted to the rank of BosunCoast Rider has been promoted to the rank of Bosun
Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Bottom View Post
Anyone here use the Lanskey Sharpening Stone Set? Comments
Your best bet is a worksharp belt sharpener. You can get them on-line and I think Northern Tool sells them. It's 10x faster than stones. Most fillet knives are made in china with cheap steel; spending a lot of time getting them sharp is a waste of time because they will never hold an edge. Keep in mind, their is sharp and razor sharp. To get razor sharp you will need to do a little extra.

If you get a belt sharpener make sure you are using the 300+ grit.
Coast Rider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2016, 08:53 AM   #20
Bill S
Registered Users-pm+

Bill S has disabled reputation
Re-grinding Shun knife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry-rigged View Post

I believe Shun will resharpen knife free if you pay postage. Give them a call.
Blades are excellent but will not take abuse of throwing in drawer with other utensils. Mine are in a wooden block to avoid damaging edge. Also buy a wood or bamboo cutting board. This will greatly reduce dulling and chipping of blade.

Last edited by Bill S; 06-18-2016 at 08:59 AM. Reason: additional text
Bill S is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message