Pond Between Crenshaw and Preston in Pasadena - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Hobbies Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2015, 01:26 PM   #11
bjmillet
Red Blue Wave 2200 STL

bjmillet has been promoted to Piratebjmillet has been promoted to Piratebjmillet has been promoted to Piratebjmillet has been promoted to Piratebjmillet has been promoted to Piratebjmillet has been promoted to Piratebjmillet has been promoted to Piratebjmillet has been promoted to Piratebjmillet has been promoted to Piratebjmillet has been promoted to Piratebjmillet has been promoted to Pirate
My wife finally got through to the Park Department in Pasadena. No motorboats be it gas or electric powered can run on the Burke Crenshaw Park pond.

Looks like I'm stuck with the retention ponds
bjmillet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2015, 09:37 PM   #12
Yort69
Registered Users-pm+

Yort69 has been promoted to PirateYort69 has been promoted to PirateYort69 has been promoted to PirateYort69 has been promoted to PirateYort69 has been promoted to PirateYort69 has been promoted to PirateYort69 has been promoted to PirateYort69 has been promoted to PirateYort69 has been promoted to PirateYort69 has been promoted to PirateYort69 has been promoted to Pirate
Let me know when you want to meet up sometime. I have a arsenal of boats..Fast Electric and Nitro. That was me that used to run the boats at Crenshaw and Preston and behind the post office. Still have them and its been a while. That said with my fishing season starting , i might be stressed for time..
Attached Images

Yort69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2015, 01:05 PM   #13
Yort69
Registered Users-pm+

Yort69 has been promoted to PirateYort69 has been promoted to PirateYort69 has been promoted to PirateYort69 has been promoted to PirateYort69 has been promoted to PirateYort69 has been promoted to PirateYort69 has been promoted to PirateYort69 has been promoted to PirateYort69 has been promoted to PirateYort69 has been promoted to PirateYort69 has been promoted to Pirate
A little FYI for you guys who utilize the ponds for RC boating.
I went round and round with PPD back in 09 as they kept showing up to the ponds behind the post office because some jerk over in the trailer park thought he owned the place and kept calling the law on people for using it .
The PPD came out and asked me to leave two times . The first time they simply told me i wasn't supposed to be out there yada yada yada. Its not safe...yada yada..we've had stabbings and rapes yada yada yada...Its for your own safety you know ?Pffff..
Anyway, i told them i could take care of myself just fine and i didn't need their protection and then they insisted i leave and that charges would be pressed if i came back...HA ! So needless to say i was back a few days later running my RC boats when the trailer park maintenance man came walking 300 yards down to where i was at to tell me i wasn't supposed to be there.
I told him ( you mean you walked ALL the way down here to tell me that ?) He got cocky and said it was private property yada yada yada and i just laughed and told him to mind his own business and that i wasn't going anywhere.....20 minutes goes by and here comes the goon squad telling me i had to leave again or charges would be filed AND that the man said i had threatened him. I told the cops i knew for a fact is was county property and that they didnt have any jurisdiction to come out here telling people to get off the property when its public land . Of course that wasnt going to well and a couple more cop cars show up and i leave.
Next day i contacted the HCFCD and spoke to the Senior property manager and he couldnt believe what he was hearing.

#1 No motorized vehicles DOES NOT mean rc boats. The law is in reference to Automobiles, Dirt bikes, 4 wheelers etc...Manned motorized vehicles...not RC toys. He made this very clear as i explained to him the RC boats ran on nitro.
#2 The land is there for your use.
#3 The PPD has no jurisdiction over these bodies of water. They will tell you whatever to get you to comply but they are simply being dishonest if they ask you to leave and tell you you're not supposed to be on the property.

Anyway, long story short i got the officers names who were harassing and threatening to violate my civil liberties at the pond and contacted their sergeant who to no surprise continued the lie on the phone in their defense that the property was private and nobody was supposed to be back there so i asked for a meeting with him and the young gestapo who kept up with the harassment so they set up a meeting with me.
I went in, argued with them for about 15 minutes about the ponds scattered across Pasadena and i let them continue to feel like they had the upper hand and keep up with the lies upon lies and then i laid whats in the picture down in front of them. ...the look on their faces was PRICELESS !
I stood up and told little gestapo and his lying *** gatekeeper if they ever come out there violating my civil liberties again i would file a lawsuit against the PD. I mailed a copy of the letter to the chief as well. Haven't been bothered sense !
Moral of the story, if any of you guys get harassed...you now know the truth about the ponds...they are yours !
Attached Images

Yort69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2015, 10:23 AM   #14
Chase4556
US Army Aviation NSDQ!

Chase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to Pirate
^^ I like your style.
Chase4556 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2015, 12:08 PM   #15
bjmillet
Red Blue Wave 2200 STL

bjmillet has been promoted to Piratebjmillet has been promoted to Piratebjmillet has been promoted to Piratebjmillet has been promoted to Piratebjmillet has been promoted to Piratebjmillet has been promoted to Piratebjmillet has been promoted to Piratebjmillet has been promoted to Piratebjmillet has been promoted to Piratebjmillet has been promoted to Piratebjmillet has been promoted to Pirate
Crash and sunk on the Pond

We were running our two Impulse 31's and miss judged the distance between them one t-boned the other. The boat impacted had it's top deck separated and the side smashed. The boat that hit the other has a hole in the front on the keel. The one with the hole we ran back to shore but the other sank with just the tip of the bow showing. We tried to rescue on but could get our rescue boat to stay hooked to it. We had to go across the street to academy to get a blow up boat and get it.

I took the to Mercedes and he's going to fix them and paint one red and one yellow.
Attached Images

Old 12-21-2015, 04:30 PM   #16
cubera
Registered Users-pm+

cubera has been promoted to Piratecubera has been promoted to Piratecubera has been promoted to Piratecubera has been promoted to Piratecubera has been promoted to Piratecubera has been promoted to Piratecubera has been promoted to Piratecubera has been promoted to Piratecubera has been promoted to Piratecubera has been promoted to Piratecubera has been promoted to Pirate
Hey, that's my backyard!
cubera is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2015, 04:48 PM   #17
bjmillet
Red Blue Wave 2200 STL

When I get my boats back we'll have to run them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-21-2015, 05:24 PM   #18
svo
Registered Users-pm+

svo has been promoted to Piratesvo has been promoted to Piratesvo has been promoted to Piratesvo has been promoted to Piratesvo has been promoted to Piratesvo has been promoted to Piratesvo has been promoted to Piratesvo has been promoted to Piratesvo has been promoted to Piratesvo has been promoted to Piratesvo has been promoted to Pirate
I ran my RC duck decoy out at preston and never got harassed.
svo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2015, 12:51 PM   #19
bjmillet
Red Blue Wave 2200 STL

Quote:
Originally Posted by svo View Post
I ran my RC duck decoy out at preston and never got harassed.
They thought it was real!!!
Old 12-22-2015, 01:05 PM   #20
svo
Registered Users-pm+

svo has been promoted to Piratesvo has been promoted to Piratesvo has been promoted to Piratesvo has been promoted to Piratesvo has been promoted to Piratesvo has been promoted to Piratesvo has been promoted to Piratesvo has been promoted to Piratesvo has been promoted to Piratesvo has been promoted to Piratesvo has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjmillet View Post
They thought it was real!!!
Yes they do. I had one guy trying to feed it cereal once.
svo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message