I need feeders/tripods/ladders ... - Page 3 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Hunting and Shooting Forums > Hunting Board
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2020, 01:09 AM   #21
broadonrod

broadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARK MACALUSO View Post
DO NOT buy the stand and fill from Bucees, guys on our lease have bought 3 and everything from the solar panel etc have gone bad in a year. They literally fall apart... If you want something that will last the longest , get a Llamco ...
Ya we call the ForEverLast feeders ForNeverLast at our lease Lol
#China
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2020, 05:51 AM   #22
Johnny9
Registered Users-pm+

Johnny9 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Johnny9 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Johnny9 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Johnny9 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Johnny9 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Johnny9 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Johnny9 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Johnny9 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Johnny9 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Johnny9 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Johnny9 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)
X2 on LAMCO. Have 2, never fails, original parts, battery, motor, spinner, almost 10 years old
Johnny9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2020, 02:00 PM   #23
broadonrod

broadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny9 View Post
X2 on LAMCO. Have 2, never fails, original parts, battery, motor, spinner, almost 10 years old
We have several Lamco timed feeders.
Most are 16-17 years old and still working great.
Old 07-07-2020, 02:56 PM   #24
Spec-Rig.006
Trap AF ...

Spec-Rig.006 has been promoted to PirateSpec-Rig.006 has been promoted to PirateSpec-Rig.006 has been promoted to PirateSpec-Rig.006 has been promoted to PirateSpec-Rig.006 has been promoted to PirateSpec-Rig.006 has been promoted to PirateSpec-Rig.006 has been promoted to PirateSpec-Rig.006 has been promoted to PirateSpec-Rig.006 has been promoted to PirateSpec-Rig.006 has been promoted to PirateSpec-Rig.006 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brute View Post
I just bought 4, #1000 stand and fills, we probably have 12 or so total, and one of them had a short in the solar panel. When I hooked it to the battery it smoked the wire thru the metal line that runs from the timer to the solar pannel. I was not able to pull all the wire out. The metal line that runs from the panel to the timer run between the bottom of the feeder and basically a false floor so you cant just remove it with out taking the feeder sided completely apart. ASF wants me to send the solar pannel in and they will send me a replacement. I will have to try to rerun the wires thru the metal line and attach the solar panel which is not bad, if it works. I brought up to the ASF guy what if I cant get it thru with the old wires still melted in there?

At one point he wanted me to just attach it to the outside and jerry rig it. When I brought it up that we would rather not do that and prefer if be back right he quickly threw it back that they do not manufacture the solar panels so that not really their problem. He said well then I'll have to take the panels apart and all kinds of stuff. When I asked if they could send some one out to do that as I was not comfortable tearing apart a brand new $850 feeder. The gentlemen with ASF said he would have to check with a manager.

As it stands now they are sending me a solar pannel to replace the bad one. If I cant get the wires and back thru I'm not sure what is going to happen. I'll reserve my judgement until it's all over but they did not give me that... we will do what ever we need to make it right... feel, especially after the comment that the solar panels are not their problem. Just be aware that is a very limited warranty and sounds like it's more on parts. You will have to do all the leg work at your own cost.

This debacle is on top of 2 monolith feeders we had that flat out did not work. They took months to get and were junk. I do give ASF credit as they took both of them back and exchanged them for the traditional stand and fills but they knew they had a problem with them because they have discontinued those feeders.

If we get burned on this solar pannel deal we will be going to another brand. As others have said they are pricey for an old style that yes, dumps corn right around it. It doesnt seem to effect the game but there are better versions out now. My plan was to start retrofitting plates to make them like the buccys ones and cut that grading off the sides. If they make it right we will stick with them. Warranty and standing behind their product is the most important thing in my book.

Some of these feeders a mine and some are for a guy that I help. Nothing is worse then making a recommendation on a product and then it not work.
Interesting ... and good to know. Interestingly, we have several ASF stand & fills on our existing lease and they've basically been bomb proof thus far, even after the coons ripped all the wiring out of the solar panel conduits - with luck, that isn't an issue on the new place ... we ordered 6, various capacity/styles.

I will say I was happy the distributor gave them to us for 10% under MSRP, with no tax and delivery to the ranch was included ...
Spec-Rig.006 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message