I pilot or Xi5 Sizing question - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Boating Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-2019, 07:51 PM   #11
tmd11111
Registered Users-pm+

tmd11111 has been promoted to the rank of Privateertmd11111 has been promoted to the rank of Privateertmd11111 has been promoted to the rank of Privateertmd11111 has been promoted to the rank of Privateertmd11111 has been promoted to the rank of Privateertmd11111 has been promoted to the rank of Privateertmd11111 has been promoted to the rank of Privateertmd11111 has been promoted to the rank of Privateertmd11111 has been promoted to the rank of Privateertmd11111 has been promoted to the rank of Privateertmd11111 has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampT22 View Post
I have the 24-volt I-pilot, on a 22-footer. I have the big 31-group 2x-power batteries from Battery Plus Bulbs (75-lbs each). I have used it twice. The first time it took my batteries down to 50%. The second time it took them down to 25%. My understanding is that it is really hard on the battery when you take them below 50%. My old trolling motor without spot lock /anchor mode never used as much juice. The only reason I did not go 36-volt was that I did not have room for a third battery and I did not know how much extra juice the spot lock was going to use. Now I know, I would recommend the 36-volt.
I cant imagine the I-Pilot draws much more then the X5i. I have the X5i 80# on a 22' bay boat with 2 group 31 AGM's that bass fish with. I've run it all day many a time and never ran it down that low.
tmd11111 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2019, 08:25 PM   #12
fishcatchr
Registered Users-pm+

fishcatchr has been promoted to Piratefishcatchr has been promoted to Piratefishcatchr has been promoted to Piratefishcatchr has been promoted to Piratefishcatchr has been promoted to Piratefishcatchr has been promoted to Piratefishcatchr has been promoted to Piratefishcatchr has been promoted to Piratefishcatchr has been promoted to Piratefishcatchr has been promoted to Piratefishcatchr has been promoted to Pirate
Appreciating all the feedback. Got some thinking to do here.
fishcatchr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-06-2019, 10:51 PM   #13
ChampT22
Registered Users-pm+

ChampT22 has been promoted to PirateChampT22 has been promoted to PirateChampT22 has been promoted to PirateChampT22 has been promoted to PirateChampT22 has been promoted to PirateChampT22 has been promoted to PirateChampT22 has been promoted to PirateChampT22 has been promoted to PirateChampT22 has been promoted to PirateChampT22 has been promoted to PirateChampT22 has been promoted to Pirate
I freshwater fish too and bass fishing does not come anywhere near to holding your spot in a running tide at the jetties. Also, trying to keep up with working birds against a moving tide and wind. On my last trip, I also used it offshore to spot-lock on the liberty ships and the water was moving hard.
ChampT22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2019, 11:36 AM   #14
TheKodiak
Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast...

TheKodiak has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTheKodiak has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTheKodiak has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTheKodiak has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTheKodiak has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTheKodiak has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTheKodiak has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTheKodiak has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTheKodiak has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTheKodiak has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTheKodiak has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
I agree with trouthunter. I have an 80lb 24V Xi5 on my 19'er. Over-sized? Maybe. But I don't have to worry about the winds moving me off course, nor the battery dying too soon.
TheKodiak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2019, 01:02 PM   #15
itbekenny
Registered Users-pm+

itbekenny is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
I have a 80# 24V ipilot on a 22' Pathfinder. It holds me just find, even in high wind. I can fish 2 days on a charge no problem. But if I were to do it again, I'd get the 36V if money isn't an issue.
itbekenny is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2019, 08:54 PM   #16
Chase4556
US Army Aviation NSDQ!

Chase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to Pirate
I have an 80lb terrova on my Bluewave 2000sl.

We have really large tide swings here(Savannah,Georgia), like 8ft tides. It does great if I’m not in heavy current. Pulls the boat around with authority. If I find myself in higher current during ride swings, it struggles and I find myself using power level 8-9 to move along against the current. Factor in wind, and I’m on 10 to make headway. We were out the other weekend, it was either full moon or no moon... but really high tides. Multiple times I fired up the main motor to get across an area because it would have taken too long on the trolling motor.

If I were doing it again, I’d get the 36v.
Chase4556 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message