48 hrs trip on the Gulf Eagle out of Port Aransas - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Bluewater Forums > Jigging & Popping Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2015, 03:32 PM   #1
ksong

ksong has been promoted to Pirateksong has been promoted to Pirateksong has been promoted to Pirateksong has been promoted to Pirateksong has been promoted to Pirateksong has been promoted to Pirateksong has been promoted to Pirateksong has been promoted to Pirateksong has been promoted to Pirateksong has been promoted to Pirateksong has been promoted to Pirate
48 hrs trip on the Gulf Eagle out of Port Aransas

I had so much success with Black Hole Calypso Monster Pencil for yellowtail in Korea last week and I am eager to test the lures for yellowfin.
So,I booked 48 hours trip on the Gulf Eagle out of Port Aransas on Oct 23 - 25.
I fished on the boat in 2007 and I had a great time with fishermen in Texas.
I hope weather cooperates.

In addition to the lures, I like to test Heru Skipjack for yft in Guf of Mexico. The Skipjack is the hottest lure for yft in Panama and I am sure it works in Gulf of Mexico.
ksong is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2015, 07:38 AM   #2
mjz
Registered Users-pm+

mjz has been promoted to Piratemjz has been promoted to Piratemjz has been promoted to Piratemjz has been promoted to Piratemjz has been promoted to Piratemjz has been promoted to Piratemjz has been promoted to Piratemjz has been promoted to Piratemjz has been promoted to Piratemjz has been promoted to Piratemjz has been promoted to Pirate
I won't be on the trip, but I'll stop by down there when ya'll get back.
mjz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2015, 06:36 PM   #3
ksong

ksong has been promoted to Pirateksong has been promoted to Pirateksong has been promoted to Pirateksong has been promoted to Pirateksong has been promoted to Pirateksong has been promoted to Pirateksong has been promoted to Pirateksong has been promoted to Pirateksong has been promoted to Pirateksong has been promoted to Pirateksong has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjz View Post
I won't be on the trip, but I'll stop by down there when ya'll get back.
Any fishing opportunity from jietties or from shores for drum, trout or sheepshead around Port Arnasas ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2015, 10:02 PM   #4
mjz
Registered Users-pm+

mjz has been promoted to Piratemjz has been promoted to Piratemjz has been promoted to Piratemjz has been promoted to Piratemjz has been promoted to Piratemjz has been promoted to Piratemjz has been promoted to Piratemjz has been promoted to Piratemjz has been promoted to Piratemjz has been promoted to Piratemjz has been promoted to Pirate
Yeah, I would recommend taking the Jetty boat from Fisherman's Wharf over to the North jetty...better fishing, no crowds.

Usually there's bull reds around the end of the South jetty, with some scattered trout around. I haven't seen any sheepshead lately though, still pretty early.
mjz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-12-2015, 07:51 AM   #5
Big-Buck
Registered Users-pm+

Big-Buck has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerBig-Buck has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerBig-Buck has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerBig-Buck has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerBig-Buck has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerBig-Buck has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerBig-Buck has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerBig-Buck has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerBig-Buck has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerBig-Buck has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerBig-Buck has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
bunch of red fish coming in off the jetties lately. about a week ago it was non stop kingfish action. saw probably 200 kings caught in a 3 day period and then they disappeared. but the reds will be around for a while longer
Big-Buck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-12-2015, 10:38 PM   #6
ksong

Good to know they catch red fish off the jetties.
Do you recommend south jetty or north jetty ?
And what they use for red fish ? Plug or bait ?
Old 10-13-2015, 08:30 PM   #7
sureshot840
38 Fountain Trip 300s Verado

sureshot840 has been promoted to Piratesureshot840 has been promoted to Piratesureshot840 has been promoted to Piratesureshot840 has been promoted to Piratesureshot840 has been promoted to Piratesureshot840 has been promoted to Piratesureshot840 has been promoted to Piratesureshot840 has been promoted to Piratesureshot840 has been promoted to Piratesureshot840 has been promoted to Piratesureshot840 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksong View Post
I had so much success with Black Hole Calypso Monster Pencil for yellowtail in Korea last week and I am eager to test the lures for yellowfin.
So,I booked 48 hours trip on the Gulf Eagle out of Port Aransas on Oct 23 - 25.
I fished on the boat in 2007 and I had a great time with fishermen in Texas.
I hope weather cooperates.

In addition to the lures, I like to test Heru Skipjack for yft in Guf of Mexico. The Skipjack is the hottest lure for yft in Panama and I am sure it works in Gulf of Mexico.
Where can we purchase the Black Hole Calypso Monster Pencil?
sureshot840 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2015, 06:38 PM   #8
ksong

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshot840 View Post
Where can we purchase the Black Hole Calypso Monster Pencil?
You can get them at www.jignpop.com

But, you'd better wait until I come back from the Gulf Eagle trip on Oct 23 -25.
I'll test the lure whether it is effective for yft or not on the trip.
Old 10-15-2015, 05:23 AM   #9
sureshot840
38 Fountain Trip 300s Verado

sureshot840 has been promoted to Piratesureshot840 has been promoted to Piratesureshot840 has been promoted to Piratesureshot840 has been promoted to Piratesureshot840 has been promoted to Piratesureshot840 has been promoted to Piratesureshot840 has been promoted to Piratesureshot840 has been promoted to Piratesureshot840 has been promoted to Piratesureshot840 has been promoted to Piratesureshot840 has been promoted to Pirate
80g & 110g are currently unavailable. Guess your taking all the stock with you fishing!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sureshot840 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message